Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON.

Constitutional Republic.

We are a unique nation unlike any other in the World.
Yes, our founding fathers distrusted Government so much that they designed our system so that it was almost impossible to get anything done...

They also STRONGLY recommended that we not allow parties... as they led politicians to have greater loyalty to their party than their Government.

Sadly, we ignored them.

Poli-sci major btw

Stay home. Adjust your time being in public.

Being a nation of free people, has its consequences and limitations of what a government can do.

On a side note, my nephew did attend a quinceanera this past weekend. He is now using his stimulus checks to pay for a 2 week stay in a BnB, because my brother wont let him back in the house.

That little shindig he said was packed....

Ex Cali boy here... those parties can be amazing... more Modelos per square inch than anywhere on Earth.

Ex Cali boy here... those parties can be amazing... more Modelos per square inch than anywhere on Earth.

Oh I know, my 1st one was back in the late 80s. Except the beer of choice was Budweiser.

I've been to plenty since. Just surprised it was held at all.

Still can't dance to that music though.

Yes, our founding fathers distrusted Government so much that they designed our system so that it was almost impossible to get anything done...

They also STRONGLY recommended that we not allow parties... as they led politicians to have greater loyalty to their party than their Government.

Sadly, we ignored them.

Poli-sci major btw

Designed it for compromise.

It's been done for ages. Hence the bloated over bearing nature of government.

Designed it for compromise.

It's been done for ages. Hence the bloated over bearing nature of government.

The mistake they made was believing that those in Government would be idealistic enough TO compromise...

Considering what happened between Burr and Hamilton... they were fools.

Also, bear in mind MLB players travel 3 times per week, often staying in another city several days. They go out to resteraunts multiple times, etc.

NFL teams travel only 8 times per season and return, usually, the same day they play, with only a one night stay.

Those are all adjustments. The adjustments aren't going to work. That has been demonstrated repeatedly throughout all the denial and deflections.

To me this has been the most simple evaluation of all time. If it hasn't happened in a century and the population is now more than three times what it was a century ago, then all of estimates are going to be too low. That is true of current numbers and also the health risks down the road. Many survivors will be technical survivors. There are already terms like post-coved fibrosis in relation to lung damage. A German study indicated significant heart damage when comparing 100 survivors against a similar demographic of 100 who did not have Covid. These are not seniors. The average age was 49.

I don't have 1% interest in football this year. If we could look back at 2020 via 20 years clarity, these sports would not be played. Unfortunately Goodell is not the type of leader needed right now. If that leader did exist then no doubt the Jerry Jones types would get rid of him.

BTW, I coud not find the link to the political forum anymore. I had a couple of lengthy numbers related posts to make. Maybe that forum is closed. This thread seems to have plenty of societal discussion. I hope I did not stretch too much. Again, it was not my intended locale.

I don't have 1% interest in football this year.
Then why are you here?

I know I can do without your opinionated "PSA". You aren't my mamma. You aren't my friend. I don't want, or need your "holier than thou" pontificating.

What's hard about NO POLITICS????

If you think the NFL is playing a full season I've got a bridge to sell you.
You should use the reply function, so ppl know whom you are addressing.

If it was I, I do believe you missed the point of my post.

I wasn't predicting anything, one way or the other.

I, and many others, just don't want it here in the Dolphins' forums.

The mistake they made was believing that those in Government would be idealistic enough TO compromise...

Considering what happened between Burr and Hamilton... they were fools.

And yet since then we have a ever expanding Federal government that needs the power of the legislature and a Executive signature to make law.

We just seen a 3 trillion dollar "compromise".

All of us on this forum want to see football in 2020. Yet if MLB is already cancelling games because a number of players and coaches with the Marlins have come back positive for Covid19. Do we really think that the NFL can somehow avoid having these same type of Covid19 outbreaks on teams throughout the league?

I think they are going to try their best to have an NFL season but I will be extremely surprised if they get to play an entire season before it is shut down because of the virus.

All of us on this forum want to see football in 2020. Yet if MLB is already cancelling games because a number of players and coaches with the Marlins have come back positive for Covid19. Do we really think that the NFL can somehow avoid having these same type of Covid19 outbreaks on teams throughout the league?

I think they are going to try their best to have an NFL season but I will be extremely surprised if they get to play an entire season before it is shut down because of the virus.

That is 100%... exactly... my take on this.

The NFL's new motto should be: Whistling past the graveyard.

Back
Top Bottom