Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON.

Also, bear in mind MLB players travel 3 times per week, often staying in another city several days. They go out to resteraunts multiple times, etc.

NFL teams travel only 8 times per season and return, usually, the same day they play, with only a one night stay.

Also, bear in mind MLB players travel 3 times per week, often staying in another city several days. They go out to resteraunts multiple times, etc.

NFL teams travel only 8 times per season and return, usually, the same day they play, with only a one night stay.
I said that to a certain extent. I think their frequency of games and travel is really hard to overcome for MLB.

Just personal opinion but the Marlins having the outbreak is apples to oranges for the NFL for one very big reason. Baseball really dropped the ball with everything and didn't exactly have a protocol in place. I think people got lost in the fact that there was baseball back, and forget just how bad the negotiations were and how the negotiations were almost strictly around money and games played.

Now that being said, does that mean things will go smoothly for the NFL? No. Things could still turn for the better or for the worst by the time games start, but i expected for awhile that baseball of all places would struggle with everything. And I doubt the Marlins will be the only team.

Let me just put it this way. For as bad as Goddell and the NFL owners can be and for as awful as the NFLPA can be at negotiations. They are all much much more competent than everybody involved in baseball.

Just food for thought
What's scary about the NFL though is that many offensive linemen are obese and pre-diabetic - they over-eat to keep their weight up. If an offensive lineman catches COVID (and you can argue that linemen are probably the most likely to catch it during a game, due to their regular close contact with other linemen), there is a serious chance that you actually see somebody die from this disease. Put me in the seriously skeptical camp.

What's scary about the NFL though is that many offensive linemen are obese and pre-diabetic - they over-eat to keep their weight up. If an offensive lineman catches COVID (and you can argue that linemen are probably the most likely to catch it during a game, due to their regular close contact with other linemen), there is a serious chance that you actually see somebody die from this disease. Put me in the seriously skeptical camp.

Maybe.

Absolutely agree.

The Marlins were literally in their first series of the season when the outbreak occurred. A single road trip.

No matter what happens, I applaud the effort of the sports world, in trying to get the league's playing again. There is going to be some semblance of failure, it's inevitable. The entire world is trying to deal with this. I'm hopeful that science wins out and we get back to some sort of normalcy. If and when a vaccine is created and proven effective, we'll just have to keep on trying to create new ways of life. But at least the NFL is planning and trying, that's all I could ask for.

The Marlins were literally in their first series of the season when the outbreak occurred. A single road trip.
Not sure how relevant that is to the overall comparison of MLB to NFL.

You can pick out a lone example for almost any situation. It doesn't make it the norm.

For example, the company I work for didn't close for even one day, and as far as I know, no one has contracted the virus. On the other hand, there are companies that shut down for months, and ppl that took every conceivable precaution ended up sick.

Obviously there are risks, no matter the choices made. It's just a question of the individual's threshold to that risk.

Players have the option, if they aren't comfortable playing. Others see the monetary reward as being worth said risk.

Absent the goverment instituting Martial Law, I don't see how you can stop someone from making their own decisions.

Not sure how relevant that is to the overall comparison of MLB to NFL.

You can pick out a lone example for almost any situation. It doesn't make it the norm.

For example, the company I work for didn't close for even one day, and as far as I know, no one has contracted the virus. On the other hand, there are companies that shut down for months, and ppl that took every conceivable precaution ended up sick.

Obviously there are risks, no matter the choices made. It's just a question of the individual's threshold to that risk.

Players have the option, if they aren't comfortable playing. Others see the monetary reward as being worth said risk.

Absent the goverment instituting Martial Law, I don't see how you can stop someone from making their own decisions.

Many Governments have done just this.

The science behind wearing a mask is to protect OTHERS, as well as yourself.

America is doing so much worse than other countries because we stick to the 'your not the boss of me' creed.

I love my country, but our mule-headed stubbornness is making things so much worse.

America is doing so much worse than other countries because we stick to the 'your not the boss of me' creed.

I love my country, but our mule-headed stubbornness is making things so much worse.
I can't speak for everone, but I wear a mask when in public, observe social distancing guidelines and use copious amounts of hand sanitizer. A vast majority of ppl I come in contact with do as well.

You can't legislate against stupidity.

I can't speak for everone, but I wear a mask when in public, observe social distancing guidelines and use copious amounts of hand sanitizer. A vast majority of ppl I come in contact with do as well.

You can't legislate against stupidity.

You can... sometimes you HAVE to.

There are some REALLY stupid people out there, and their behavior is literally... killing us.

Goodell may not be stupid, but he has shown he is willing to be reckless with players safety.

The owners do pay Goodell nearly $50 million per year and he clearly puts the billionaires roi over players health.

He covered up the significance, frequency and that football causes of CTE. Goodell and his bosses didn't start to address players safety seriously until the courts ruled against the league and the NFL was coming under tremendous pressure as their behavior became public.

Goodell is nothing but a highly paid dart board for fans like you and like minded media cry babies.

You can... sometimes you HAVE to.

There are some REALLY stupid people out there, and their behavior is literally... killing us.

Stay home. Adjust your time being in public.

Being a nation of free people, has its consequences and limitations of what a government can do.

On a side note, my nephew did attend a quinceanera this past weekend. He is now using his stimulus checks to pay for a 2 week stay in a BnB, because my brother wont let him back in the house.

That little shindig he said was packed....

Constitutional Republic.

We are a unique nation unlike any other in the World.

Back
Top Bottom