Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON.

as for a full season, the Marlins just had 8 players and 2 coaches test positive. The opener is canceled.

as for a full season, the Marlins just had 8 players and 2 coaches test positive. The opener is canceled.
Now over a dozen. Team is quarantined in Philly. I just don’t see travel sports happening until this is under control. The NBA might pull off a season because they went with the bubble concept, but despite Goodell’s optimistic statement, football as we know it seems unlikely.

If you think we are going to have a full, uninterrupted NFL season, I have a beach for sale... cheap.

Major League Baseball's season is less than a week old, but one team has already experienced a coronavirus outbreak that will sideline a chunk of its roster and has caused a game to be canceled. The Miami Marlins, who had four players test positive during their opening series against the Philadelphia Phillies, had an additional eight players and two coaches test positive on Monday, less than 12 hours before they were supposed to play their home opener against the Baltimore Orioles, according to ESPN's Jeff Passan.

Use of caps lock or not, coming up with a plan to play games and actually playing them are very different things.

I figured I would post this. Took a picture of what was on my TV. Thats what the optional face shield and mouth shield will look like. The mouth shield has a filter on it. Hard to say though. I was watching a special with JJ Watt a couple weeks ago and he had a face shield tinted on his helmet for a game. He thought he was on fire he was so hot. But now the helmets are better ventilated than then so who knows.

IMG_0779.jpeg

Just personal opinion but the Marlins having the outbreak is apples to oranges for the NFL for one very big reason. Baseball really dropped the ball with everything and didn't exactly have a protocol in place. I think people got lost in the fact that there was baseball back, and forget just how bad the negotiations were and how the negotiations were almost strictly around money and games played.

Now that being said, does that mean things will go smoothly for the NFL? No. Things could still turn for the better or for the worst by the time games start, but i expected for awhile that baseball of all places would struggle with everything. And I doubt the Marlins will be the only team.

Let me just put it this way. For as bad as Goddell and the NFL owners can be and for as awful as the NFLPA can be at negotiations. They are all much much more competent than everybody involved in baseball.

Just food for thought

Having players get stuck in quarantine is likely to happen at some point. I was hoping the NFL would have allowed larger practice squads so you'd at least have a few extra people somewhat ready to step in. Granted there are issues with that...such as having more players around. In any case, this is going to be a miracle if we get a full NFL season.

Just personal opinion but the Marlins having the outbreak is apples to oranges for the NFL for one very big reason. Baseball really dropped the ball with everything and didn't exactly have a protocol in place. I think people got lost in the fact that there was baseball back, and forget just how bad the negotiations were and how the negotiations were almost strictly around money and games played.

Now that being said, does that mean things will go smoothly for the NFL? No. Things could still turn for the better or for the worst by the time games start, but i expected for awhile that baseball of all places would struggle with everything. And I doubt the Marlins will be the only team.

Let me just put it this way. For as bad as Goddell and the NFL owners can be and for as awful as the NFLPA can be at negotiations. They are all much much more competent than everybody involved in baseball.

Just food for thought
Well, the not-so-subtle flaw in your otherwise pensive argument is that in order for any of this to work, players have to be compliant. With all the players on an NFL roster and how closely they interact, do you honestly think there will be enough compliance so as to not cause an outbreak?

Interesting:

That would work well for the Dolphins, who could rather easily keep either Rosen or Tua in quarantine depending upon Tua's rehab. This may actually be a good solution if nobody wants to offer decent trade value (5th rounder) for Rosen.

I could also see the Practice Squad working that way rather than becoming a scout team. Keep one versatile fringe player from each unit quarantined (DE/LB, OL who can play 3+ positions, CB/S combo, TE/OL, RB/WR). We have several of those players in the starting lineup, so we could move people around and make it work.

Now over a dozen. Team is quarantined in Philly. I just don’t see travel sports happening until this is under control. The NBA might pull off a season because they went with the bubble concept, but despite Goodell’s optimistic statement, football as we know it seems unlikely.
Soooooo, do you think the NFL would ever consider changing the schedule for 1 year to do geographic games and everyone (or their chauffeur) drive themselves to the stadium? A Covid South East (CSE) division of Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville and Atlanta/New Orleans? They already do something similar for pre-season games, so we know they could do it if they wanted. It would be like a strike-season schedule with a pre-season division arrangement. That would still suck pretty bad for teams like Arizona and Denver though.

Just food for thought
Totally on board with that thought stream. NFL also travels much less frequently.

Well, the not-so-subtle flaw in your otherwise pensive argument is that in order for any of this to work, players have to be compliant. With all the players on an NFL roster and how closely they interact, do you honestly think there will be enough compliance so as to not cause an outbreak?

Personal opinion? Some stuff is inevitable and leagues like MLS, NHL, and NBA have had pretty good health protocol. With that. For a bigger roster like the NFL is it difficult? Absolutely. Is there a chance you will see similar issues take place? Absolutely.

But i also think the players and owners for the NFL have been more focused on steps to take for safety before and during the season... the fact that NFL games are once a week can help too but thats for another discussion.

Long story short I think things can be done safely yes and from watching how every league so far has handled everything baseball has been by far the worst and lackadaisical about safety.

And just for discussion purposes, this is also not to downplay the virus or safety concerns surrounding it. It is to highlight that I feel one league has really struggled with precaution and were more focused on getting games in and making money than doing it safely

I figured I would post this. Took a picture of what was on my TV. Thats what the optional face shield and mouth shield will look like. The mouth shield has a filter on it. Hard to say though. I was watching a special with JJ Watt a couple weeks ago and he had a face shield tinted on his helmet for a game. He thought he was on fire he was so hot. But now the helmets are better ventilated than then so who knows.

View attachment 52112
Thanks @Fin-Loco

Honestly, assuming it didn't trap all the hot air inside the helmet, I'd think this would be no big deal for the players. With proper ventilation I could see this implemented without even a hiccup. Of course, when egos are concerned ... nothing is easy.

Thanks @Fin-Loco

Honestly, assuming it didn't trap all the hot air inside the helmet, I'd think this would be no big deal for the players. With proper ventilation I could see this implemented without even a hiccup. Of course, when egos are concerned ... nothing is easy.
Hard to say bud. Anything that makes it hotter is going to be hated in full blow summer time. If you've played with a visor, that's one thing but playing with one for the first time AND having your mouth area covered as well? Uncertain. You're already gasping for air that time of year with nothing over the helmet but the bars....

Back
Top Bottom