grade the pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

grade the pick

No grade yet, but the pick is great. Get your guy. Tannehill will be a top 12 QB before too long. I'm glad they did it. Kid is smart, athletic and will only get better. His inexperience isn't a negative really...you can look at it like wow he did all that in so little time....must mean his ceiling is high and he will only get better. He is football smart too. First guy in, last guy out kinda student of the game too. Will be nice to have his mobility.

And heck, the first year he could play WR.......yes, that's a joke ;)

If we didn't have Sherman on staff, I'd give it a D. But I have faith that these guys know what they're doing, especially with Sherman's insight and Sherman knows what it takes to succeed in the NFL. I'm going with a B. There was talk we'd have to friggin trade up for him.

I think this staff will do a great job developing Tannehill. 2 or 3 years we'll see, I think he'll be solid.

Rodgers played 22 games, Newton played 13 games, Brady played 24 games.

So what?

Brady also shared halves with another QB in one season.

I give the pick an A. We have needed a QB to develop for years. We needed a First round QB for years. Kid has probably the best pocket presence of all the Qbs in this draft, great arm, not bad anticipation, and makes the best throws off balance of every Qb, which is key in the NFL. You aren't always throwing from a clean pocket.

How can we grade a guy who hasn't played a down? That said, I didn't think Jeff Ireland had the guts to make this move, and swinging on a QB is long overdue. I would say a B at least. Will this kid turn out to be the answer? Obviously, even those of us who are very skeptical of him hope he will, but way, way too early for a grade now.

No grades yet. Everyone feel free to shove your grades up your anus. No one knows how he'll turn out. Anyway, I'm glad they finally started to address their biggest flaw since Marino left, instead of trying to fill out other much less important positions.

Rodgers played 22 games, Newton played 13 games, Brady played 24 games. So what?
Newton spent all of his time practicing and developing as a quarterback. More than 50% of Tannehill's experience at the collegiate level was practicing and developing as a WR

A "D" now, and an "F" in 2 years when everyone figures out how bad he is.

Unrefined big boy with a big arm who has footwork problems...Chad Henne anyone?

At least he won't start this year...could have gotten so much more value by either taking someone else at #8 or trading down. Taking Tannehill is a massive reach and is probably the worst decision Ireland could have made given the situation.

D.

An A, you can't win if you don't try. This kid is a legit 1st round QB. We got him in the first round, and create the best possible situation for our new coaching staff.

Total F. Ive lost all interest in the rest of the draft. Ireland and ross need to go.

Back
Top Bottom