grade the pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

grade the pick

Is Tannehill going to beat out Moore and Gerrard in camp? If he plays next year, is he going to win more games than he loses next year? Will we win just enough games with Moore next year to get us drafting 8 to 15 missing out on the top qb's again? Grrr I gotta know what's going to happen. :tantrum:

6'4" big arm, accurate, mobile qb that knows our system. F!! I love you guys.

Newton spent all of his time practicing and developing as a quarterback. More than 50% of Tannehill's experience at the collegiate level was practicing and developing as a WR

ACtually your completely wrong, he always was in all the QB meetings, video study and even took snaps in practice. Cam practiced in Junior College not the same. Talent is talent, doesn't matter how you get there, but you need to work.

You have no idea who i would pick. Fyi it not d line. Drafting a qb that everyone had a 2nd round grade on w the 8th pick is a crappy move for any gm.

Everyone? Who do you speak of? Bradt had him as his 4th player, Mayock at 20, KIper at 20, McShat at 19.

B-

They get credit for finally drafting a quarterback in the 1st round even if it was a reach. Although I don't see him as a franchise changing quarterback, I give them credit for drafting Tannehill if they're conviced they can develope him further.

This is not the pick I would've made at #8. I would've taken Kuechly, who went next to Carolina.

I've never thought that Ryan Tannehill would bust. However, what I do think is that he's going to be a game manager in the NFL. Miami passed up some damn fine football players to reach for this quarterback in order to appease the impatient fanbase and sell some tickets.... win back some fans.

I'm a Tannehill fan, I can't help but be a fan of him as a person. I would pull for him no matter where he went.

Everyone needs to get behind this kid and support him. And the coaching staff needs to get in front of him and sit him. For at least a season.

This pick could pay off for Miami down the road.

B- I am cautiously optimistic. I really hope that it was Sherman and philbin pushing for this kid and not Ross. It is just exciting that we made a pick that is not the "safe" pick. It's a high risk hopefully high reward type pick, only time will tell.

C+ to B+ Tannehill will be decent but the guy we had playing QB last year was decent also.

This pick will take longer then most to really grade, but as of today and until he shows other wise it's a C+ for me.

F.

you dont use your high 1st round pic on a player who will take more than likely 2 years to develope enough to put him out there and thats IF he can develope and a matt moore doesnt show he is in fact the qb we need in the mean time.

couple that with the fact that this team has BIG holes at pass rusher, secondary and o-line and wr, this made NO sense. they act like we are just a qb from the show and nothing could be further from the truth.

tannehill is a nice talent for a team who has the pieces in place and needs a qb for instant depth and future starter. and thats NOT the miami dolphins.

tom brady and his TE's are laughing their arses off right now.

in the war room, ross looked like he just got into bed with 3 18 yr old virgins and ireland had a big "boss is happy, i am happy" smile going on.

and then there was philbin. the so called qb guru. he looked liked he was attending a funeral. not even a glimpse of a smile and he clutched the desk with his fingers tapping the side every so often. he was NOT amused.

A-
We needed a QB. Badly. Any way you slice it, doesnt matter if we get a #1 WR. We NEED a guy to take the reins, and groom him properly.
He brings versatility to a much defunct offense
Coaches know him, know his strengths and weaknesses
Not convinced that hes 100% Ready, but, were the Dolphins. Gotta take a chance with something

No grade yet, but Im happy we finally selected a freakin qb in the first round! Looking at positives- at least he can create plays with his legs along with his arm. Beats having Henne back there all cement legged unable to really move. They took a chance- they needed to take a chance on the qb position with such a huge upside. Bravo. For people complaining we didnt take a LB or WR REALLY?? We have two high paid lb and a WR wouldnt give us the chance for years to come to help us to get to the big dance. The QB position is the #1 position on the field. We sucked for this long whats another year while he learns and prepares.

F for FAIL!

The 8th pick in the draft is to be used for an every day starter from DAY ONE. Rogers went in the late 20's when he fell that far.. because NOBODY needed a back up QB at the time.

Back
Top Bottom