Grant Traded | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grant Traded

Not even close to the Ted Ginn debacle. Ted was a one-trick pony, could run one route, a go, that's it. He had straight-line speed, no wiggle or separation ability on in routs. He didn't make defenders miss, ever...
Yet Ginn played in the league for 14 years and earned over $40 million dollars. So he obviously played on a number of teams which appreciated his one-trick pony ability.

What a lot of people don’t realize is the 193 games he played in was more games than any other player taken in the 2007 draft except for Greg Olson who played in 199 games.

I never liked the pick but he was certainly a better NFL player than Brady Quinn, the QB I was upset they didn’t take with that pick.

Not even close to the Ted Ginn debacle. Ted was a one-trick pony, could run one route, a go, that's it. He had straight-line speed, no wiggle or separation ability on in routs. He didn't make defenders miss, ever...
Ginn’s ability to outrun the defender to the sideline a yard short of the 1st down marker on 3rd down is unparalleled in Dolphin history.

Funny how happy people are acting like THIS is what we needed and now things are looking better.
With the dog **** we've seen out of this offense this was nothing but a scape goat move. He'll end up with 3 returns for TDs and 700 yds receiving by the end of the season. That's how this works for us.

I'm not broken up about the move but let's stop acting like he was holding us back.

Yet Ginn played in the league for 14 years and earned over $40 million dollars. So he obviously played on a number of teams which appreciated his one-trick pony ability.

What a lot of people don’t realize is the 193 games he played in was more games than any other player taken in the 2007 draft except for Greg Olson who played in 199 games.

I never liked the pick but he was certainly a better NFL player than Brady Quinn, the QB I was upset they didn’t take with that pick.
One thing I will give Ginn is that he must have kept himself in pretty good shape. He was as fast at age 34 as he was at 22.

Ginn also illustrated how great Drew Brees was. At age 32, Ginn caught 53 passes for 787 yards on just 70 targets in New Orleans.

Funny how happy people are acting like THIS is what we needed and now things are looking better.
With the dog **** we've seen out of this offense this was nothing but a scape goat move. He'll end up with 3 returns for TDs and 700 yds receiving by the end of the season. That's how this works for us.

I'm not broken up about the move but let's stop acting like he was holding us back.
I guess you haven't seen the Bears play if you think he'll end up with 700 yards receiving. Miami is averaging a putrid 173.8 yards passing per game, third worst in the league. The worst passing team -- by far -- is the Bears, which check in at 114.3 yards per game.

Absolutely does not move the needle either way for this team, but having another draft pick is nice. Assuming we can get someone else to determine how it's used.

His turnovers on returns and the fact that he had as many fumbles and drops on offense was a net negative.

Fact of the matter is every snap he took on offense was a snap that somebody else would have probably been more productive with. And him being active on gameday and on the roster kept someone else from getting that spot who may have done more with that.

Both Bowden and Perry didn't make this team's roster (Bowden was "hurt") for the sake of Grant. Isaiah Ford, who could at least catch a pass, didn't make the roster because of Grant. And Mack Hollins, who actually has vastly improved his game, gets less opportunities to do things besides coverage on special teams because of Grant.

He had more time than any Dolphin player in recent history to be consistent, and the fact of the matter is he made as dumb decisions on a regular basis this season as he did as a rookie, or that most rookies entering the league.

It wasn't just time, it was past time. He was awful on returns and on offense last year. That should have been the final straw.

Grant is a good player and wasn't utilized correctly just like all the other talent we have on the roster. Coaching problem. Hate to see him go.

Prayers are finally answered!! However he’ll probably become a solid electric player in a Bears uniform lol

Back
Top Bottom