Gregg Williams Anyone? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gregg Williams Anyone?

I have no issues at all with bountygate. This type of thing still goes on, and went on before the Saints in 2009. Happens in the NFL, college, and high school. I've personally experienced something similar........in high school.

He's an excellent DC, and the role he played in bringing life to the Cleveland Browns was one of the best storylines of the 2018 season, IMO.

The Saints head coach was also suspended for a full year for this and no one is complaining about Sean Payton. (He's also not the D-Bag that Williams is but....)

Gase is going to win in new York. Much better qb he has now to work with. He learned some lessons here. Greg Williams on d instead of Burke. That is huge. The only question is can those two coexist. If Gase offense struggles then Williams will let him know that he is screwing his defense over. I wish he would have brought in a better d coach when he was with us. We are going to regret firing him. I rather kept him another year. The options out there are not appealing. The only way this is saved if we get Richard from Dallas. If he comes and instills a tough team on online and d-line before we get a qb then this move will work out.

My question is how much will he win in new York? Regular season success or post season? People on here will stay say he sucks when he get the jets to the post season. The blind hate Gase gets here is way over the top. I hope he doesn't win because it will hurt that we let him go, and that he is doing it with the jets. Wish he went to Arizona instead.

Gase had warts, but this roster sucked especially with injuries. And no he didn't run the draft. He just had authority on who to keep or cut for the 53 man roster. He got a more out of it then most. Injuries were brutal. I just wish Tannehill would have played in 2017. Gase would have seen in his second year that Tannehill wasn't the answer. Instead a lot of us saw how bad Cutler was and that made us feel like Tannehill was the answer. That was Gase's biggest mistake. Sticking with Tannehill. Then keeping Burke. Hoping we don't regret this, but I am thinking we will. Plus it is so dolphins that it will blow up in our face.

Gase is going to win in new York. Much better qb he has now to work with. He learned some lessons here. Greg Williams on d instead of Burke. That is huge. The only question is can those two coexist. If Gase offense struggles then Williams will let him know that he is screwing his defense over. I wish he would have brought in a better d coach when he was with us. We are going to regret firing him. I rather kept him another year. The options out there are not appealing. The only way this is saved if we get Richard from Dallas. If he comes and instills a tough team on online and d-line before we get a qb then this move will work out.

My question is how much will he win in new York? Regular season success or post season? People on here will stay say he sucks when he get the jets to the post season. The blind hate Gase gets here is way over the top. I hope he doesn't win because it will hurt that we let him go, and that he is doing it with the jets. Wish he went to Arizona instead.

Gase had warts, but this roster sucked especially with injuries. And no he didn't run the draft. He just had authority on who to keep or cut for the 53 man roster. He got a more out of it then most. Injuries were brutal. I just wish Tannehill would have played in 2017. Gase would have seen in his second year that Tannehill wasn't the answer. Instead a lot of us saw how bad Cutler was and that made us feel like Tannehill was the answer. That was Gase's biggest mistake. Sticking with Tannehill. Then keeping Burke. Hoping we don't regret this, but I am thinking we will. Plus it is so dolphins that it will blow up in our face.

Gase has to learn how to run an effective offense, too.

The defense wasn't the reason gase lost here. Majority of games weren't gase and the O putting up plenty of points only for the defense to give them up on the other end, we never were scoring enough to win anyways

Gase has his work cut out for him but yes, Williams is a good hire for him. Not sure how those personalities will mesh. My prediction is not good in the long run

Beyond all the other nonsense you wrote. How are you making this evaluation of "Much better QB he has now?"

Beyond all the other nonsense you wrote. How are you making this evaluation of "Much better QB he has now?"

What exactly would disagree with that you call nonsense?
The qb issue is simple to me. darnold was expected to go go
Number 1 last year. Some say he was best in draft. I preferred mayfield Myself. So I would argue that darnold has a higher ceiling then then what we have on our roster. I would think darnold will be making a huge leap. Don’t you?

I am interested in having a civil conversation and hearing what you disagree with. Unless you just think gase is the worst and hate him and implying I am a fan boy of his. Because you said what I wrote was nonsense. I am not a fan boy of gase. just think there are shades of gray with him. Good and bad

Jets roster as is currently constructed is not good. At all. But let’s pretend Gase will win more with them than he did in Miami.

Why? Zero idea.

Jets roster as is currently constructed is not good. At all. But let’s pretend Gase will win more with them than he did in Miami.

Why? Zero idea.

And there GM isn’t any good either. Giving 15 million a year to guys like Trumaine Johnson lol. The Jets are going no where lmao

Getting williams, who is a great d/c and is a real boon for the jets. And bad for us. Just dont see a light at the end of the miami tunnel, once again.

I have a baaaaad feeling were going to see first time coordinators across the board. I also believe rizzi will be gone one way or the other. Doubt he liked
getting passed over for a pup who has been billy boys foot loose man for a decade. Flores/grier is the next gase/tannyhill. Grier will not fire flores for anything and ross will take a loooong time to fire grier.

Getting williams, who is a great d/c and is a real boon for the jets. And bad for us. Just dont see a light at the end of the miami tunnel, once again.

I have a baaaaad feeling were going to see first time coordinators across the board. I also believe rizzi will be gone one way or the other. Doubt he liked
getting passed over for a pup who has been billy boys foot loose man for a decade. Flores/grier is the next gase/tannyhill. Grier will not fire flores for anything and ross will take a loooong time to fire grier.

Agreed! Ross ****ed us again. Grier should have been fired. I hated Gase but would have rather extended him than hire the Pats LB coach. That’s ****ing pathetic. The only coach we could get is a reject LB coach from the Pats. Glorified clipboard holder for his daddy.

Tannehill is probably begging his agent to get him the **** out of Miami. No way he wants to face Bountygate 2.0 twice a year.

And there GM isn’t any good either. Giving 15 million a year to guys like Trumaine Johnson lol. The Jets are going no where lmao

I get it. The fear is Gase will be a Jets HC and kill everyone in the division for 15 years. But that’s idiotic paranoia that isn’t rational.

Its early but I'm predicting 0-6 against the AFC East. So myswell suck some dick for the number one pick.

Back
Top Bottom