Gruden Signs With Tampa Bay | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gruden Signs With Tampa Bay

I dunno, but anything that hurts the Ravens' D is a good thing :D though Nolan is no slouch

I don't get how a receivers coach is promoted to defensive co-ordinator:confused: am I missing something?
They could also lose up to 6 defensive starters!
I guess we'll find out what a genius Billick is next year.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by inFINSible
I don't get how a receivers coach is promoted to defensive co-ordinator:confused: am I missing something?
They could also lose up to 6 defensive starters!
I guess we'll find out what a genius Billick is next year.:rolleyes:
Nolan was the Jets DC in 2000 and the Jints DC before that for like 4 years - so he is as qualified as Bates.

This is getting funny. They can't even get a guy from a college team that sucked before last season (and will probably suck next year.)

i thought tampa had better................

management than that. you would think they would have somebody in their back pocket before they fired a sure thin!:eek: :p

I am sure Marv Levy is starting look real good to them now. Wonder if the phone has been ringin' on the houseboat in the Keys

That's right. The Bucs have signed Oakland HC Jon Gruden to a five year contract. Just heard it on our local NBC station here in Tampa. Details to come.

Man Muck...

Originally posted by Muck
That's right. The Bucs have signed Oakland HC Jon Gruden to a five year contract. Just heard it on our local NBC station here in Tampa. Details to come.

... what do you think of this? I know you live in the Tampa area and have some insight here.

For me living in Orlando and half watching the Bucs situation it seems like a publicitry stunt to cover up for their firing of Dungey.

Of course Gruden is a GREAT coach, but this won't be a move that will cheap as far as compensation. I wonder if it really was a wise move on the Bucs part, all things considered.

Oliver...

I think it's GREAT. The Bucs needed an offensive coach and Gruden's parents live in Clearwater, so it was a perfect choice. :) I wish the Bucs a great season, mostly because of my Mom. As long as it doesn't affect the Dolphins. :D

Like the lovely lady said, it's a great move. ;)

I've always thought that Gruden was the perfect fit for the Bucs. He's an offensive guy with a defensive mentality/toughness. He's EXACTLY what that franchise needs. IMO, all Tampa is lacking is a LG, C, and a legitimate deep threat. Because the Bucs are built for Gruden's WCO. The big decision will now be in regards to Warrick Dunn. Do they re-sign him?? Obviously he fits the Charlie Garner mold. But Mike Alstott's salary is in the $5 million range. So a decision looms there as well.

Prior to today, the general sentiment was for Gruden, but most people don't want to give up the farm. So he became an afterthought. Nobody had a clue what was gonna happen. We'll find out Wednesday what the compensation will be and whether Chucky will be the GM.

IMO, Bucs fans will swallow the compensation once Gruden gets here. Excitement is in the air. But I still hope we face them and kick their azzes again in scrimmages!!

Back
Top Bottom