Gruden Signs With Tampa Bay | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gruden Signs With Tampa Bay

ESPN's Bottom Line reports that the compensation for Gruden is a #1 and #2 this year, #1 in 2003, and #2 in 2004. Wow!!

Also, Mariucci refused Tampa's offer.

The Bucs just single handedly rebuilt an aging franchise. Buc killers + Raider saviors = Glazer Bros.

Yes, Gruden is a young "fresh" coach. Does that excuse the fact that his teams fizzle and faulter down the strech?

17.5 million AND 2 no 1's, a 2, and a 3? No thanks.

Dude, your giving the Bucs too much credit. There aren't any #3's. It's all 1's and 2's!!!! :eek:

And you're dead right.......they've just rebuilt the elderly Raiders. They can either sit tight and draft a bunch of really good players, or they can trade up and draft an REALLY good player or two.

Damn, the only thing that could have sucked worse would have been the Bucs giving all these picks to the JETS!!!!! ;)

This deal did hurt the Jets in one way.
Both the Raiders and Jets are in need of a DT. The Jets hold the 22 and Raiders the #23 pick in the draft. There was a remote chance one of the top 4 DT would drop to us(Henderson, Haynesworth, Simms, Bryant) Now that the Raiders have Tampa's pick, they've jumped ahead of us. Destroying any chance of us getting one of those player in our spot.

I agree completely, but everywhere I read he's dropping like a stone. It's at a point to where he'll be the third or fourth DT drafted.(according to the so-called experts...)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Gruden is a good coach, but not worth all that compensation. Now the Raiders have to find a coach.
the Bucs are idiots,
first- and second-round picks in the 2002 NFL Draft, a first-round pick in the 2003 draft and a second-round pick in the 2004 draft as compensation for head coach Jon Gruden, who will receive a five-year deal worth around $17.5 million.
for a head coach :eek: HC do not win games by themselves. Wait til they get a couple of injuries and have no depth :lol:

Gruden too the Bucs

Wow, what a move this is. I am wondering what the fallout of a personality like Gruden will have with the Buc players. I had the feeling all season that Dungy might be released if things didn't go well but the players really thought alot of him. Could be there will be some players who will want too jump ship now. This is gonna shake things up, maybe we can benefit somehow. Hope so anyway. :cool:

The bucs deffinitly win bonehead of the year, but Gruden is a close 2nd. Sure he gets the huge contract, but the Bucs are going to be bad. They have no room under the cap to find a big name FA. They have no draft picks to fix the many hole the team has. Also he has the preasure of being the highest paid coach, on a team that are the paper champs, but a very average team. He will be gone in three years max.

Next on Fox: "Glazers Gone Wild!!!"

Today we saw something amazing and disturbing: the biggest morons in NFL ownership, the Glazers (yes Daniel Snyder you have now been bumped to #2,) give the NFL’s greatest dissident owner, Al Davis (Evil incarnate,) a deal that is likely to put the Raiders over the top and send the Bucs back to the days of old.

Somehow I just don’t believe that the Gruden, no matter how good he is or how much he scowls is going to ride in there on his great white horse and cause the Bucs to be something that they’re not; an offensive team. Let’s just look at some of the facts here: Gruden will not have the advantage of veteran leadership on the Bucs like he did on the Raiders. Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, Steve Wisnewski, and recently added Jerry Rice and Trace Armstrong are all very strong character guys with a lot of heart to go with their talent. Each one of the fore-mentioned individuals brings with him tremendous motivational capabilities as well as a willingness to work harder than just about anyone else on the team for what they want.

In Tampa, Gruden inherits a something quite the opposite. Instead of a bunch of hard working vets who lead by example he gets a couple of trash talking “team leaders†in Warren Sapp and Keyshawn Johnson who seem to spend as much time running their mouths as playing the game. If that weren’t enough, these two “leaders†can’t stand each other. Couple this with Tampa’s cap problems, lackluster QB performance, a ground game that’s going to lose one of its cogs, and a completely unstable front office and ownership and you have problems from top to bottom here.

If this weren’t enough, the Bucs have now mortgaged their future for the next three years and given the Raiders the keys to the Promised Land. This pains me in a personal way, since I am from the LA area and am an official Raider-hater. Seeing them get this deal makes me want to kick something (sorry Fido.)

Obviously the Glazers are not history buffs, otherwise this thing never would have happened; does anyone out there remember Herschel Walker to Minnesota? That was the trade that was supposed to put the Vikings over the top. Instead it worked in the opposite direction and gave the Cowboys a dynasty.

Oh well, if this had to happen at least we can all look forward to the awkward situation of Tags handing the Lombardi trophy to his favorite person- Satan himself- Al Davis.
:evil:

He got fronted to them, he'll be gone before they finish paying for him!:lol::lol: :lol:

Gruden will make the offense better and is a good fit for the Bucs, but he was way too expensive. The compensation will hurt the Bucs later on and help the Raiders a lot.

Once again, I can't agree with you guys. I know the Bucs are a good team. They have good players and I will list them if I have too. Although, I don't think Brad Johnson is the answer and I think Warrick Dunn should leave. I think the Raiders f-ing SUCK and that is why they fell apart. I think that Gruden will be the toughness and ferocity that the Bucs need. They are a good team........they just need a swift kick in the ass and I think Gruden will do that.

Muck - The Fins play the Bucs in preseason in Tampa the week of Aug 8-12. I will be there to support the Fins, but also to see what the Bucs have cooking.

Outstanding, Miad!! I can't wait until we lace 'em up. You know the Bucs are gonna be talking trash, just like they do every year. But now they have Gruden. So it's gonna reach a new level. I'll be wearing my #84 CHAMBERS jersey with pride, stirring the pot. ;)

See ya there.

Back
Top Bottom