Hardcore Fan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hardcore Fan

1. Cheering for miami through thick and thin (loyalty)
2. Recognizing our history (knowing every stat ever is not needed, just understanding the history of our team is sufficent)
3. beeing a good sport
4. Having fun

those are the things that make a hardcore fan. Here are things that do not make a hardcore fan:

1. Lots of material items (jersey's, signatures, tickets to games ect)
2. More knowledge then the next guy. (just cause you got stats and history doesn't make you any better)
3. Post count on this forum (A person with 1 or 10,000 posts is no more hardcore then the other)

if you consider yourself hardcore then you are! each fan does his own thing but we are all bonded together by the team. Go Phins Go

The hardcore guys were the ones who loaded our game torrents last year even though the game turned out to be another losing effort and the participants knew the score.

Last year started with a lot of fairweather fans but they soon dropped out after the third loss or so.

What was left was the hardcore.It takes a hardcore to know who they are.

claytonAndDuper said:
last year seperated the hardcores from the fair weathers in my opinion, anyone who stuck around last season, is well on there way imo

100% correct, my dad was the one who originally got me to like the fins when i was about 3 or 4 but he only watched two games last year because he was so mad at how the team was doing, i watched all of them though and everyone kept sayin to me, why do you bother to watch their gunna loose anyways...i just enjoy to watch the fins play and love to see them win even if their out of playoff contention

I would say I’m hard core, last year I was stationed on Diego Garcia an island 800 miles at least in all directions from land in the Indian ocean it cost 60 cents per minute to call off the island and games started at 11P.M. on Sunday 12 A.M. after daylight savings time, I sent my brother money to get direct tv and the nfl package just so I could call him and he could tell me what was happening during the games. The only games I watched live were the Monday night games (Tuesday morning games). But it cost me $150 per game just to listen on the phone not to mention that I had to work Saturday and Sunday to have this opportunistic jerk work on Monday until noon for me. My supervisor told me to stop because the dolphins weren’t going to win a game and I told him I couldn’t stop because I couldn’t stand it if the dolphins won and I was sleeping. Anyway I think I’m hardcore. But this year I live in the states and will go to any lengths to WATCH the dolphins play.

There were 4 glorious days last year im just glad i didnt miss any of them.

13finfan4ever said:
I would say I’m hard core, last year I was stationed on Diego Garcia an island 800 miles at least in all directions from land in the Indian ocean it cost 60 cents per minute to call off the island and games started at 11P.M. on Sunday 12 A.M. after daylight savings time, I sent my brother money to get direct tv and the nfl package just so I could call him and he could tell me what was happening during the games. The only games I watched live were the Monday night games (Tuesday morning games). But it cost me $150 per game just to listen on the phone not to mention that I had to work Saturday and Sunday to have this opportunistic jerk work on Monday until noon for me. My supervisor told me to stop because the dolphins weren’t going to win a game and I told him I couldn’t stop because I couldn’t stand it if the dolphins won and I was sleeping. Anyway I think I’m hardcore. But this year I live in the states and will go to any lengths to WATCH the dolphins play.

There were 4 glorious days last year im just glad i didnt miss any of them.

Yep you are a hard core fan!!!! Paying $150 just to listen to them WOW!!! Didn't you have any internet connections so you could follow the play by play on your computer over at Diego Garcia? I live in Colorado and I get together with about 60 other Phins fans....we watch every game here even the preseason games at a sportsbar....last year one of the games could not be shown here because of a hurricane so we had a guy hook up his laptop computer to a big screen tv just so that we could follow the play by play.....there were only about 7 true die hards fans left by the time we played St Louis...I think we were 0-6 or 0-7 at this point but then we kicked the Rams a$$...I bleed and die for the Phins and I dont have any "2nd fave teams" that I cheer for and the Phins are my fave team in all sports. When the Fins win it makes my day, when they lose my family and friends know to stay away from me...to me that is DIEHARD.

dolfan305 said:
i want to know what you guys think makes a hardcore fin fan. i think you have to do or know these 5 things.

1. know about the team and its history
2. watch all the games unless you have SUPER good exuse.
3. have seen them live
4. know the miami dolphins fight song.
5. and the most important of them all......
HAVE HEART FOR THE TEAM.

GO FINS
THATS ME!!!

WHEN IS OUR NEW FIGHT SONG COMING OUT?

Its a remix of Lets Go by Trick Daddy.

I actually have the fight song on a CD.

I just moved to Memphis, and I can only imagine how hard its gonna be not being able to attent the games.

Im gonna have to make a couple trips though. It wouldn't be a football season without going to a Phins game live.

u.s fans dont have hard

how can you say that ,maybe you have the 5 points but last year on the monday against pats the people leave the pro player when we were 10 point down , the u.s fans sucksthat isnt have fan hard , the mexicans fans YES have hard

dolfan305 said:
i want to know what you guys think makes a hardcore fin fan. i think you have to do or know these 5 things.

1. know about the team and its history
2. watch all the games unless you have SUPER good exuse.
3. have seen them live
4. know the miami dolphins fight song.
5. and the most important of them all......
HAVE HEART FOR THE TEAM.

GO FINS

1. I know my ****.
2. I always watch all the games
3. I go to games
4. Unfortunately I know it
5.I wouldnt post here if I didn't have a heart for the team.

campeonaso said:
how can you say that ,maybe you have the 5 points but last year on the monday against pats the people leave the pro player when we were 10 point down , the u.s fans sucksthat isnt have fan hard , the mexicans fans YES have hard

You're right. The dedication can come into question about a ton of teams, not just the Dolphins. It happens everywhere, but you notice more because of the BRIGHT ORANGE seats. I'll be the first to admit that the home fanbase is mediocre, but the global fanbase is amazing. This site has opened my eyes to fans like you in Mexico.

Are you going to the Arizona/San Francisco game this year in MExico City?

Well I have all those traits cept I havent been to a game. :cry:

My dad is in the Air Force and we havent been close to n e stadium. And this made me mad. The year Miami played Dallas in the Thanksgiving game, my mom said taht I could go to it cause we lived 3 hours away from Dallas. 4 months b 4 the game we get orders to move to another AFB. SO I didnt get to go!! I had to watch Miami crush Dallas and I wanst even happy cause I wasnt there!!! Yet the next day I was happy cause most of my friends are Dallas fans :D

I get to go to my first game this year when we play Oakland since I live in Idaho now. Wish me luck

Go Phins!!

I don't know if there really is one criteria for being labled a hard core Dolfan. I can guarantee you I'm as hard core as they come. I also got sick to my stomach when we got A.J. Feeley as our QB and Gus hasn't made me feel any better. I hope to God we have enough talent to win in spite of them two or that I'm proven wrong.

Dr. Dolphin 24/7

Here is how hard core I am.

I got a chance to go too get an autograph from Tom Brady. I quickly refused to get one from a 2 time super bowl MVP.

Well, how about this. When the Rain is pouring down, on a Sunday night, and have the Steelers score a touchdown right in front of not only your face, but 60 steelers fans, and you continue to stay at the game.

Here are two.

Not throwing in the towel until the fourth quarter is over.

Not leaving in the third quarter, because we all know Pro Player has the worst traffic in the NFL (yeah right)

We don't have many, but man, my pretty boy, corportate A@@ never misses a second, never leaves his seat, never throws in the towel, and most importantly, takes on any Jet, Patriot, Bills, or whoever else cheers for their team in my section.

Back
Top Bottom