Hardcore Fan | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hardcore Fan

claytonAndDuper said:
do u get more points for pats fans or jets fans?

the same amount,
bonus points if you get a Patriot with a snowplow or
Fireman Ed's brother with a pie in his eye

Saban4prez said:
Hey, just because some of us can't see every game doesn't mean we're not hardcore. I'm 17 and live in a small town in Pennsylvania. The dolphins aren't normally on TV, and i don't have a dish. but trust me, i live on nfl.com's live coverage.
Saban.. where you from in PA? I live in Lancaster, if your close by your more than welcome to join the gang at my house for the games.

i used to wave my fins flag and talk alot of trash in foxboro and gillette, and the last few years, it go pretty ugly there, if i had a snow plow i def woulda been chasing pats fans all over the place

I don't live in South Florida anymore, so I only get to go to 1 or 2 games a year. I remember going to the Monday night game in 02 against Chicago. That was the game where they retired Larry Csonka's jersey. It was rainy so hard during that game that I couldn't even see the other side of the field. Me, my brother and my sister just sat there and cheered our Dolphins on. Now that I live in Georgia, I just have to yell alot louder to be heard in Joe Robbie Stadium (it will always be Joe Robbie Stadium to me).

FinsFan74 said:
And you have to stay and watch them even if it's pouring!! I remember a game several years back we were playing Pittsburgh and it was a frikkin torrential downpour...just about everyone in our section got up and went to the concession stands to watch the game on the tv's there....I stayed put and got stuck under the "waterfalls" from the upper deck, if anyone has been to a game where it's poured you know what I'm talking about...in the upper deck there are little "rectangle shaped" holes for water runoff and it runs off to the lower deck, so it looks like little waterfalls all around the stadium

yeah this year during the pittsburgh game i didnt move outta my seat, that was a downpour, i think it was like a band from a hurricane or something. i took my shoe off at half time and water poured out of it. i was so cold riding back in the SUV i drove in with my girlfriend. i wore her mom's nurses pants instead of my shorts, that was a great way to top off a night of a dolphins loss and a hurricane lurking out there in the atlantic...
clear.gif

Im A Finfan 4-life I Would Never Ever Root For Another Team My Tatoo Says I Bleed Those Colors. :nesucks: :jetssuck: :billsbite :monkeyl: :banana:

1. Got the Sunday Ticket just to watch all the games, and did not miss a game since, even last year.

2. Completely decorate my living room every sunday with all my dolphin gear.
3. Never have seen a game in person, but then I live in Colorado and could not shell out the duckets for the games the past couple of times they were here.
I believe each 0ne of us knows whether or not he/she is a hardcore fan.
I live and breath aqua/orange and always will.

i think you are a hardcore fan if you find yourself absolutely outraged and screaming at the top of your lungs whenever we lose and overwhelmed with joy and happiness when we win. its all about passion and emotion. During the Jets Fins MNF game last year i threw a bottle at my heater that has protective glass covering it and shattered it...gave me the fright of my life.

claytonAndDuper said:
im going to make sure every monday i have completely lost my voice... from this point on, every fins home game, for the rest of my life
:yeahthat: I already do lose my voice everytime my Dolphins are playing :lol: ...even more when Dan the Man was at the helm but I still have the same love for Miami...I'm glad i got to see Dan Marino live in action against Chargers in 95 man it was priceless...I will never forget it almost got into a brawl with some biker who was pissed cause i was cheering so loud and Marino was owning them :rofl3: omg what a drunken idiot...I was 14 for godsake...but I would like to think of my self as a Hardest-Corest Miami Dolphin Fan! :rocker: Go Fins '05...P.s. who ever was down on the team last year cuz they didn't do so well should not be considered true dolfans...I stuck by them and didn't care about the L's and W's...It was a transition period! :yell:

TokyoFishFan said:
5. And yes, I was upset when the Houston Oilers stole our song in the late 70's
I think it was the other way around.

I live in SoCal, so obviously I don`t make the Dolphin home games, but I`ve seen Miami in person about 25 or 30 times over the last 15-20 years, and I was at the Niners and Seahawks games last year, and I`ll be at the one in SD this year. I`ve got the Ticket, so I never miss a game (have had the Ticket for 5 years now I think...before that it was sports bars, sports bars, sports bars!!!), and all I`ve got to say is if you made thru last season, you can make it thru anything. GO MIAMI!!!

My personal quota for being "hardcore"

1) I stick up for my Fins - I'll take anyone on in a debate over players, teams, coaches, anything. I reason that the Fins are one of if not the most storied Franchise in the NFL and our overall success far out-weigh last years' debacle.

2) I deck myself out in Fins Gear - Since I'm in Toronto, I can't exactly go to the games (although I plan to go to Buffalo this year to see us clean house!) I have a Marino jersey and now a Ronnie Brown jersey :D I have 2 Phins hats and 1 visor, and everything in between, t-shirts, Christmas tree ornaments etc...

3) Staying on the ball - Whether you go to every game, watch every game, or just follow the Fins week in and week out through the press and forums it's important, especially in the off-season.

Anyway that's me, and I at least like to think I'm hard-core 'cause I do these things, especially in the midst of so many hopeless Bills fans north of the border :shakeno:

TerryTate said:
You're right. The dedication can come into question about a ton of teams, not just the Dolphins. It happens everywhere, but you notice more because of the BRIGHT ORANGE seats. I'll be the first to admit that the home fanbase is mediocre, but the global fanbase is amazing. This site has opened my eyes to fans like you in Mexico.

Are you going to the Arizona/San Francisco game this year in MExico City?
no because the dolphins are going to play at the same time and i am going tho stay home watching the FINS not the worst game of the year

Im about as hard core Dolphin fan as it gets.Ive knocked a few people on there a$$ for bad mouthing the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom