Hartline blasts the Offensive playcalling and scheme as well. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline blasts the Offensive playcalling and scheme as well.

its more difficult to say anything against marshall or bess so the mindless muppets bash hartline.

We dont have the talent...I don't think Hartline is better than any other AFC East #2 WR...

Jets have Braylon/Santonio
Pats Have Welker/Branch
Bills have Steve Johnson/Lee Evans

I dont think the scheme entirely prevents him from getting open, keeping his feet, and consistenly catching balls. He just needs to shut up and make plays on the field.

tell hartline to shut the F up and stop falling down and dropping passes. Im so sick of this damn team. why do I care?

lol...careful what you wish for hartline...if we get a real oc in here your *** wouldn't be a #2 wr in the nfl...

its more difficult to say anything against marshall or bess so the mindless muppets bash hartline.

Mindless puppets? Oh please! With Marshall getting double and triple teamed.. the one guy who is going to be more opportunity than anyone else is Hartline. Are you happy with his performance.

Personally he's underwhelming.

On his interview show with Will Allen, Hartline was asked about the playcalling and conservative nature. Hartline replied by saying that the team has good players and a good team. He also said the effort is there and there cant be more or less effort, its basically perfect. He said when they are get the opportunity to make plays, they make plays. And its up to the coaches to scheme well for the opposing team.

Said that we did maybe panic to early and abandoned the run too early and need to execute on the higher level.

Will Allen said he is surprised and baffled that the Dolphins abandoned the run as well as questioning why Marshall doesn't get the ball more in the red zone and even when hes covered.

Hartline said that they are keeping 2 safeties high against the offense. Said need to have long drives BUT ALSO the 4 play drives where we get big plays. Seems to insinuate that we only go for long drives and not long plays.

I love Brian "Turn on Your" Hartline, and I agree with him, but Brian has made two HUGE breakdowns that caused turnovers in 2 of the past 3 games, and can not afford to throw stones. Both plays were not defense forced errors, but just complete screw ups in his fall down allowing an easy int and him throwing the ball the to a Stealers defensive player. The one against the Stealers cost us the game, as a few plays later Ben hits Ward for a 21 yard TD. That fumble and Henning is meaningless if Hartline does not cough up that ball.

I agree play calling and even personal choices have been far from what I want to see, but this is not what is costing us games. Miami could have won the game if Smith takes that easy pick six and Ronnie Brown doesn't drop a gift wrapped first down on 3rd and 2. We win against Pittsburgh if Hartline doesn't throw the ball to Farrior. In New England offensive scheme did not make a bit of difference as our special teams were not ready for that game. Yes I think we need to throw the ball deep to Brandon Marshal at least twice a game. Yes the run to Ronnie on first down with 218 to play against Pitt when he was averaging 1.8 ypc and Ricky was averaging 4.8ypc was stupid, just as rushing the line to throw a pass to the bewildered Fasano was just as dumb. Yes we should have been riding Ronnie a lot more this past week. Still this is not the glarring weakness of this team and not the real reason we have lost 4 games. The things that are killing us are the mental breakdowns and missed plays. You can not leave 2-3 INTs bouncing off your hands and expect to win a close game against the Jets. I mentioned the huge plays in the other two games, but it boils down to missed INTs, drops on offense, and breakdowns like Hartline have suffered. We clean these plays up and we win. Look at the games we did win. Davis and Allen didn't drop the INTs in Minn. In Cincy Smith makes the catch to seal the game. In Greenbay Dan made his kicks, Allen held on to the pick, and no one fumbled the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
brian hartline is getting single coverage with no over the top help a ton and doing nothing with it...could a change up in the actual routes we run and the scheme help??? hell yes...but brian hartline isn't beating man to man coverage with any consistency...not to mention he's dropping the damn ball when he is actually open

brian hartline is getting single coverage with no over the top help a ton and doing nothing with it...could a change up in the actual routes we run and the scheme help??? hell yes...but brian hartline isn't beating man to man coverage with any consistency...not to mention he's dropping the damn ball when he is actually open

Watching hartline play makes me think about Greg Camarillo and how I miss him :(

and falling down... a lot, a lot!!

I know I just ripped Hartline for those two plays, but you guys kill me with the hate. He is a 2nd year player who was drafted in the 4th round who is on pace to double his stats from his rookie season when he put up solid numbers. There were 6 WRs drafted in the first round of 2009, 3 rounds before Hartline was taken, and outside of Nicks his production is not far off from guys like Maclin, Crabtree, Britt, and destroys what Bay has done. Brian has 60 receptions in 1 1/2 season and is overachieving as a whole. Yes he screwed up a couple times, but show me anyone from that first round of 2009 WR class who hasn't cost their team at least 2 turnovers. It took Welker 5 years to catch 60 passes, so I think we need to put in perspective how we feel about Brian. Should he be talking about OCs or play calling, hell no!, but at the same time he was a gem of a 4th round pick. He sure as hell is better than Greeen, Randal Hill, and Patrick Turner.

I hope Henning is replaced, but I fear that nothing will happen for a while.
Look how long Bonemago stuck around; it took a meltdown to get him canned after seasons of being terrible.
But, Paul P got canned pretty quickly. I can only hope Henning's demise is similar.

Back
Top Bottom