Hartline blasts the Offensive playcalling and scheme as well. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline blasts the Offensive playcalling and scheme as well.

what makes you think they are going to hit the tank? they had a mid-season swoon last year also....but it wasn't as bad and they rebounded to make the afc championship.

look at sanchez's wind/cold weather splits...8 straight games in weather, think it was a coincidence he had his best game in a while in a dome? i think not, mother nature will take down the jets and socal sanchize

what makes you think they are going to hit the tank? they had a mid-season swoon last year also....but it wasn't as bad and they rebounded to make the afc championship.

its the jets its inevitable. sorry just the way nfl merry go round works. just like the dolphins cant ever get the offense and defense to click in the same season.

oh dont worry when the jets offense finally hits the tank , the nfl will never see a bigger mutiny with all those drama queens on that team. maybe we can convince ryan to come and pick up crowder and he can ship us keller. crowder seems like a perfect fit for the jets.

Don't you worry about the Jets... There won't be any mutiny. The NY media is just as harsh as any fan could be. The bombs will be flying from all angles.

That being said. The lead the division. We should just worry about our own business... no?

well he is on finheaven, in our business. too bad we dont have a scat button here.

Guys like NYJunc have been here for years and actually contribute some good arguments. he's one of the good ones. But yea.. other teams fans will come here. we just got to live with it.

winning solves everything. and nothing else.

firing the coordinator is one thing. and it probably needs to be done in both the fins case and the jets case. having th eplayers speak out and stage a mutiny or wanting them to make sno sense to me. even though it won't be directly against sparano.....it will still look like he is losing the players. and if you want my honest opinion on the defense? it looks better than last year.....but still mostly average/mediocre.

Sparano is loyal to a fault. I would prefer it didn't come down to this but unfortunately this is the only way I see out.
Sacrificing an OC to save the team is the best option we have now.

If the change happens, at least the players know they have some say with the coach and that he values their opinions.
I mean we got the outspoken Marshall, the young yet-to-establish anything Hartline, and the experienced soft spoken Ricky all saying the same damn thing now.
There is a huge problem brewing with the offensive management.
I would to hate to see this team completely implode just because of Henning.

Sparano can still take hold of the situation. The longer this carries out, then definitely what you are saying is true, it can crumble the whole team and lead to another rebuilding era with new coaches.
That would be a pity, because I am very pleased with the talent Ireland has brought here.
We had a joke of a team that 1-15 year. Ireland started from complete ground zero.
Now we are a legit team at least that can compete with the best. A lot of young talent that is going to continue to improve.
Imo, if Sparano wants to keep his HC job, he needs to fire Henning asap. Otherwise the mutiny will spread up the ladder to him.
He has a choice to make. Keep Henning. Or keep the team.
I still got faith he will make the right choice but we shall see.

Hartline needs to stop running his mouth and start performing on the field IMO

darth, bro we don't need to "sacrifice an OC to save the team". The OC just needs to call a little more aggressive plays to make the boys happy. Honestly sounds like the players want to take on the challenge and responsibility of some riskier plays, not sure if it will be a positive outcome but they seem to want it.

Sparano is loyal to a fault. I would prefer it didn't come down to this but unfortunately this is the only way I see out.
Sacrificing an OC to save the team is the best option we have now.

If the change happens, at least the players know they have some say with the coach and that he values their opinions.
I mean we got the outspoken Marshall, the young yet-to-establish anything Hartline, and the experienced soft spoken Ricky all saying the same damn thing now.
There is a huge problem brewing with the offensive management.
I would to hate to see this team completely implode just because of Henning.

Sparano can still take hold of the situation. The longer this carries out, then definitely what you are saying is true, it can crumble the whole team and lead to another rebuilding era with new coaches.
That would be a pity, because I am very pleased with the talent Ireland has brought here.
We had a joke of a team that 1-15 year. Ireland started from complete ground zero.
Now we are a legit team at least that can compete with the best. A lot of young talent that is going to continue to improve.
Imo, if Sparano wants to keep his HC job, he needs to fire Henning asap. Otherwise the mutiny will spread up the ladder to him.
He has a choice to make. Keep Henning. Or keep the team.
I still got faith he will make the right choice but we shall see.
As you said, Sparano is loyal to a fault, and I just don't see him firing Henning. Anything short of national embrassment, i.e. NE game, Henning would hold on to the job. Sorry but true.
The only way to get Henning out is to have Sparano out as well.

Usually I don't like the players talking about the coaches... But this is long overdue. Keep talkin boys

darth, bro we don't need to "sacrifice an OC to save the team". The OC just needs to call a little more aggressive plays to make the boys happy. Honestly sounds like the players want to take on the challenge and responsibility of some riskier plays, not sure if it will be a positive outcome but they seem to want it.

I think it's a larger problem than being conservative or aggressive.
Henning's playbook blows imo.
More specifically, his pass routes, concepts, and the idea of how to attack certain coverages.
Even if he wants to go aggressive, it doesn't work.
Very basic routes and play designs that don't fool anybody.
When I watch other teams like the Packers, Chargers, Saints and even the damn Texans, they have the fundamental nature down of how to attack defenses through the air.
We are not the only team that has ever faced a 2 deep coverage.
Henning would make it seem like we are the first team in history to face this kind of thing.
That we are in uncharted territory and we should bow down to his years of experience.

As you said, Sparano is loyal to a fault, and I just don't see him firing Henning. Anything short of national embrassment, i.e. NE game, Henning would hold on to the job. Sorry but true.
The only way to get Henning out is to have Sparano out as well.

That's why I'm thinking mutiny is the only route lol. Sparano has a very short window period here where he can still do something.
Even one more pathetic offensive display may be enough for a full blown revolt where he will be in the crosshairs too.

With half the season left, Sparano needs to do the right thing. We still have a shot at this.
Fire him now while we still can make a playoff run.
Don't wait for 2 or 3 more losses where it won't matter anyways.
I would assume that Sparano had more of an allegiance to Pasq than Henning.
If he fired Pasq's *** I'm thinking he can do the same to Henning. Just an assumption though.

I have backed Sparano through all this. If he wants to ride Henning all the way to the end. Then I can't support him anymore either.

First, I don't call that "blasting" the play calling and scheme. He was asked a question and his answer indirectly calls out Henning. Hartline should be smart enough to know that his performance does not entitle him to question anyone's performance other then his own, which has been inconsistent. Marshall's statement was much clearer and he was correct in assessing it. It's just a matter of time that Marshall erupts and lays it all on the table.

If Sparano is not careful, he could lose the locker room. The issue with the offense and questions on Henne's ability could easily divide the locker room.

I think we better be careful how we interpret how players feel from these comments. Neither Hartline or Marshall actually threw anyone under the bus. Actually they were both pretty successful. In reality they're all frustrated with their lack of productions. Hartline should no that coaches don't script players wearing the wrong cleats that have them slipping on the field when balls are thrown to them leading to INTs.

Nor do they script passes off a play fake that looks like my 6th grade son is throwing to Fasano at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Blame isn't ALL Henning. It's everyone on the offense. Players need to get upset at their own performances. Yes they could call more aggressive plays. But the players need to be equally aggressive.

That pick by Reed was a tipped ball by a lazy effort by Marshall. I would even hazard to say he gave up on the ball. Just sayin.

There is blame to go all around. Hartline needs to step it up big time. With Marshall getting so much attention is because teams have no respect for Hartline. So he better make the most of the opportunity. He and Fasano.

I don't think putting the blame on someone is going to fix an issue; however, you definately need to think that we been trying to run an offensive roster that focuses too much on putting our players in a position to not make a mistake. This has resulted in having an offense that puts our players in a position not to dominate. There have been many calls that I thought personally that were not executed properly, and other calls that should not have been called because the call failed before it was even executed. You have to have a balance of plays that you know your team is going to execute properly and a balance of putting your team in a position to not make mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom