Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has any of your favorite Sports teams won a Championship?

Grew up in Michigan and I follow all local for everything but the NFL,(Lions have been bad for longer than I’ve been around). Seen the Wolverines win championships in many sports, even field hockey, lol. Tigers(84), Pistons(89, 90, 04) and Red Wings(97, 98, 02, 07, 08). I have faint memories of the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl, I’m ready for a fresher memory from them

Habs won 2 times in my lifetime(86 and 93) and that pretty much it... The Expos would've had a decent shot in 94 but the season got shut down, that moment was as bad as I ever felt because of sports... Ended up also being the begining of the end for the Spos in MTL...

For some reason the dolphins are the only team that I’ve ever loved...so im a virgin.

The "in my lifetime" Championships (I'm 54) for my favorites:

Dolphins - '72, '73
Yankees - '77, '78, '81, '96, '98, '99, '00, '01, '03, '09
76ers - '83

Yes, my Dolphins won back to back championships in 72’ -73’ and went undefeated...

My Tampa Bay lightning won the Stanley cup in 2004

My Florida Gators have 3 National championships in football.

Rangers won the Stanley cup in 94
UCLA won ncaa championship in 95
Cleveland Indians have gotten dangerously close
Orlando magic have teased me just for huge let downs in nba finals
Notre Dame won their last national championship when I was just getting into football as a kid
Years of let downs

You can tell by my handle who my two teams are. Grew up in Miami and have been a fan since 1966. Went to UNC, so Miami born Tar heel bred

I’ve see my favorite team win:

NBA finals (3)
College Football Championship (2)
MLS (1)

Now just gotta see the dolphins win one. Cmon Fins!

As a Kansas boy, my first love was the Dolphins. Shortly after, the St Louis (baseball) Cardinals followed and the Bulls in 1989. I also followed KU (20 yrs between titles) and the football Canes.

The Dolphins still doing the Junk Punch to its fans yearning for a title during their lifetimes. At least KC ended that drought for my dad, uncles and friends.

Carolina Hurricanes was rough on me. Wore my canes jersey (sweater) to the bar next day. Think it was damn near 100 out...or at least felt like it...

Canes,
Stl cards
Tarheel basketball

No go on fins, ecu football or hornets.

I was a Colts fan early in life since I was born in Maryland. They won a championship in 1959 against the Giants while I was still a Colts fan.
In 1966 I became a Dolphin fans and of course they won 2 SB championships in the 1970’s. I have also been a Miami Hurricane fan since moving to Miami in 1961 and they have won several football and baseball championships over the years.
I am also a Miami Heat fan and they have won 3 championships.

Back
Top Bottom