Has Flores Lost the Locker Room?

Did Flores Lose the Locker room?

• Yes

Votes: 47 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 47.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flores knew he was in over his head...which is why he brought along Jim Caldwell.

Caldwell must not be doing too good health wise if he can't help Flores navigate these rough waters.

Tunsil is gone...can't change that. What can be changed is the relationship between the HC and the 11th overall pick. This is where Caldwell can tell Flores that he doesn't have enough HC experience, or cache, to alienate one of the few good players left.
I've been thinking about the issue a bit harder and I conclude this...
Flores has his system and it is proven successful. He can't negotiate like Gase did and let players start running the team their way. That means he has to be hard on guys who may not like it. This was never going to be easy, but the longer he get gets resistance the harder and longer it will take.

As for minkah, he can't go cry to mommy and the media to get a trade. we own him for four years and a unless a terrific offer comes down the pipe he is **** out of luck. He out of everyone needs to be humbled from what I read. This isn't Alabama where you waltz in day one and you win championships. The NFL is not like that. He talked a big game about being diverse and a leader and has instead gone against both those key attributes that made him so enticing. You don't hear baker, godchaux and Howard crying. Not a good look for him.

This leaves us in finding middle ground. Flores needs to prove he can have Minkah succeed. Minkah needs to mature and be the leader/diverse player we know he can be. if you were to ask me about which guy I want right now i say flores. Minkah is proving to be weaker than I thought at mental level. Not a good sign from any player. and if we trade him, I send him to a bottom dweller like Washington to send a message to everyone that you are either in or out, and the grass isn't much better where we send you

The Ravens have owned us. I think the only time we beat them was during the 1-15 year. They kicked our ass on National TV last year. I read the Ravens are the youngest team in the NFL they have been rebuilding for 2 years. Smart front office. I went to the game Sunday. Their trenches appeared so much larger and more physical. Total mismatch.
I had hopes for the new staff. Old school discipline, mental as well as physical toughness. So needless to say, we saw none of that on Sunday. It is really concerning. The NFL has had 100 seasons. Your team gives up more points in 1st 1/2 of a game in iNFL’s history! NOT READY TO PLAY.

I am going to use Sunday as a measuring stick. We can only get better from here. It would be difficult to play worse. The organization WSU’s trade there best two offensive players, in addition to turning over the bottom portion of the roster pretty dramatically since the last preseason game. We are in essence an EXPANSION TEAM.

The NFL scheduling did not make things any easier with our first 4 games. I expect us to lose the next 3 games. Having said that these guys are getting paid lots of money to be Pros. I would expect to see some improvement this week. I hope the coaching staff has not lost the locker room as so many here are crying about. I certainly hope the game plan is better this week the World Chapman are on deck.

As,for Minka, STFU. Play football be a Pro not Diva. Adversity is a bitch but if it doesn’t kill you it makes you stronger. Your reputation coming out of Bama was aa a Swiss Army knife type player.
I thought our nickel package backfield would be X & Roe outside Minka FS Jones SS McCain @ slot. Seemed obvious to me but I will defer to Coach Flores on that one.

It’s a long season looking forward to see if they show improvement over the year. The bar has been set pretty low. It is going to be painful to watch. Will the glass be 1/2 empty or completely empty for our 2019 Miami Dolphins Expansion Team?

One thing, Mr. Ross we are not an expansion team. We were a once an elite NFL Franchise. That was a long time ago. What are you going to do for the season ticket holders that have had to endure your 3rd hand picked regime?

90 percent chance Flores has lost the team. I give him till after game 8 to pass judgement.

Here is the huge issue though for Flores and Grier. It sounds like Ross wants us to tank for Tua from Alabama and Minkah from Alabama is casting a dark shawdow over that happening now.

So Ross has a hard decision to cut bait with his coach and staff or cut bait with drafting Tua.

What would you do?

The Ravens have owned us. I think the only time we beat them was during the 1-15 year. They kicked our *** on National TV last year. I read the Ravens are the youngest team in the NFL they have been rebuilding for 2 years. Smart front office. I went to the game Sunday. Their trenches appeared so much larger and more physical. Total mismatch.
I had hopes for the new staff. Old school discipline, mental as well as physical toughness. So needless to say, we saw none of that on Sunday. It is really concerning. The NFL has had 100 seasons. Your team gives up more points in 1st 1/2 of a game in iNFL’s history! NOT READY TO PLAY.

I am going to use Sunday as a measuring stick. We can only get better from here. It would be difficult to play worse. The organization WSU’s trade there best two offensive players, in addition to turning over the bottom portion of the roster pretty dramatically since the last preseason game. We are in essence an EXPANSION TEAM.

The NFL scheduling did not make things any easier with our first 4 games. I expect us to lose the next 3 games. Having said that these guys are getting paid lots of money to be Pros. I would expect to see some improvement this week. I hope the coaching staff has not lost the locker room as so many here are crying about. I certainly hope the game plan is better this week the World Chapman are on deck.

As,for Minka, STFU. Play football be a Pro not Diva. Adversity is a bitch but if it doesn’t kill you it makes you stronger. Your reputation coming out of Bama was aa a Swiss Army knife type player.
I thought our nickel package backfield would be X & Roe outside Minka FS Jones SS McCain @ slot. Seemed obvious to me but I will defer to Coach Flores on that one.

It’s a long season looking forward to see if they show improvement over the year. The bar has been set pretty low. It is going to be painful to watch. Will the glass be 1/2 empty or completely empty for our 2019 Miami Dolphins Expansion Team?

One thing, Mr. Ross we are not an expansion team. We were a once an elite NFL Franchise. That was a long time ago. What are you going to do for the season ticket holders that have had to endure your 3rd hand picked regime?
Miami beat Baltimore in 2015 15-13 but everyone forgets that game and rightfully so.

Not yet, but I don’t think he ever really had full control of the locker room either. We’ll see what happens... hopefully he’ll start gaining respect from the players and get them fired up, but it’s not going to be easy with the current state of the franchise.

Ever heard of an old coach called Don Shula?

How many players would have wanted to go to another team if that was option back then?

Some of these players are soft as silk.

It looked like they wanted to make Minkah a big part of their defense.

He let the media and his weak will take control of his mouth. ;)

90 percent chance Flores has lost the team. I give him till after game 8 to pass judgement.

Here is the huge issue though for Flores and Grier. It sounds like Ross wants us to tank for Tua from Alabama and Minkah from Alabama is casting a dark shawdow over that happening now.

So Ross has a hard decision to cut bait with his coach and staff or cut bait with drafting Tua.

What would you do?
here's the thing with "losing the team". If you are going to completely tear down, and rebuild, it's highly likely that you will.

What the Dolphins have done though, is make a situation where it truly doesn't matter. Aside from a handful of guys that don't quit on the team, nobody is going to be around in two years to remember. The new players will form their own unbiased opinions.

With all the highly educated people involved with NFL organizations, including psychologists, and sociologists, I have to believe this was taken into account. Any billion dollar organization factor non tangible things like this into long term plans.

It simply doesn't matter this season. In fact there is benefit to finding out who's a quitter, and who has "stones".

Now, if a year and a half from now we still have these concerns, that's a different story. If ppl who were embracing the teardown/tank didn't see this coming, they don't know much about human nature.

Last edited:
I voted no. I don't think so but we will find out on Sunday. Might not win but if we see a better prepared football team it will show us that they worked hard in practice and that will indicate that the locker room is not lost.

And with our current situation he will simply create a new locker room.
That's all we have to do...

That and convince quality players to take a chance with us in FA...and hit on every draft pick to provide a talent base to the 32nd ranked team in the NFL.

Easy peasy....

he lost 1/4 of the team last week. They got bad directions to the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom