Head Coach Tracker | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach Tracker

Nothing yet, I am assuming the Loggains interview is still happening.

Gase tried to hire Vic Fangio and was overruled and asked to promote Burke. The difference is NYJ is letting Gase hire who he wants.

Is this accurate? Do you have a link? First time I've heard it. If this is true, about 25% of why Gase was so frustrated now makes sense.

The only thing I saw was back when Gase interviewed for 49ers HC job....his plan A was to keep Fangio. Plan B was to hire Vance Joseph. Baalke balked bc he wanted Tomsula as DC. Gase said no and they didn't give him the job.

Not sure why Fangio would make a lateral move out of Chicago for the same position IF Chicago would even let him interview back in 2016.

Gase tried to hire Vic Fangio and was overruled and asked to promote Burke. The difference is NYJ is letting Gase hire who he wants.

This isn’t true. Matt Burke was essentially promised the job, if Vance Joseph left for a HC job. It was part of the reason why he joined his staff.

Changing coaches every 3 years hasn't worked out very well over the last 20, has it?

Not that I wanted Gase to stay but IMO, No coach will ever work out until the front office starts consistently bringing in the right draft picks and free agents AND until they find a franchise QB.

It all goes hand in hand. Gotta have all 3 pieces in place fur sustainable success. A good GM finds those things.

The only thing I saw was back when Gase interviewed for 49ers HC job....his plan A was to keep Fangio. Plan B was to hire Vance Joseph. Baalke balked bc he wanted Tomsula as DC. Gase said no and they didn't give him the job.

Not sure why Fangio would make a lateral move out of Chicago for the same position IF Chicago would even let him interview back in 2016.

Ya, this sounds like BS Gase probably spouted to try to save his ass in the eyes of the other teams and media who viewed him as a genius.

Gase went out of his way to blame everyone else for his failures.

Not that I wanted Gase to stay but IMO, No coach will ever work out until the front office starts consistently bringing in the right draft picks and free agents AND until they find a franchise QB.

It all goes hand in hand. Gotta have all 3 pieces in place fur sustainable success. A good GM finds those things.
Agreed, I just think gase is in over his head and has issues to deal with if he's going to be successful anywhere. We'll see, I'm sure he'll lead the Jets to a Superbowl next year and prove me wrong

All the respect to Jason Taylor but I don't think he knows what he's talking about. His attitude, personal choices and straight-up lack of progression and production sealed his fate.

Is this accurate? Do you have a link? First time I've heard it. If this is true, about 25% of why Gase was so frustrated now makes sense.

This was mentioned on one of the Three yards per carry podcasts, IIRC.

I’m sorry, at work and can’t go back through to find it at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom