Head Coach Tracker | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach Tracker

Well, seeing as that came from CK, I find it pretty trustworthy. Of course that doesn’t guarantee accuracy, but his track record is good.
Still don't mean anything to me. Everybody's got a "source" lately. If it sounds absurd it probably is. There's really no way to verify any of these rumors so it's all hearsay, especially this time of year.

Gase tried to hire Vic Fangio and was overruled and asked to promote Burke. The difference is NYJ is letting Gase hire who he wants.

Fair to bring up but in this case it's New York doing the hiring, not Adam Gase. No idea whether Gase wants in on someone as volatile as Gregg Williams, but the Jets were already targeting Williams prior to hiring Adam Gase.

The Jets lost Matt Rhule because they wanted Macagnan to pick the coordinators, particularly offensive coordinator Todd Monken. Rhule said no I want to pick my own staff, and then told them he's out. They're not giving Adam Gase, who was a second choice behind Matt Rhule, any more authority over staff than they were giving to Rhule. They had Gregg Williams already teed up.

Fair to bring up but in this case it's New York doing the hiring, not Adam Gase. No idea whether Gase wants in on someone as volatile as Gregg Williams, but the Jets were already targeting Williams prior to hiring Adam Gase.

The Jets lost Matt Rhule because they wanted Macagnan to pick the coordinators, particularly offensive coordinator Todd Monken. Rhule said no I want to pick my own staff, and then told them he's out. They're not giving Adam Gase, who was a second choice behind Matt Rhule, any more authority over staff than they were giving to Rhule. They had Gregg Williams already teed up.

It will laughable to see how long Gase ( a beta with an inferiority complex who attempts to make up for it acting superior) deals with or lasts with Williams (an alpha, no BS guy). Gonna be great to sit back and watch this sh*tshow (i.e; the Jest doing business as usual)....lol.

Last edited:
A question and a statement,

Question- might there be a Harbaugh negotiation taking place on the very hush,hush...considering Ross wouldn't want that egg on his face again?

Statement- this "feels" very much like a team without a plan, as well candiates are declining 2nd interviews.
I can very much invision a scenario in which Richard was the top target and as this process has played out he (Rchard) is getting advice against taking the miami job...i found Dallas coach Marinelli's comment about getting Richard "THE RIGHT HC JOB" very interesting.

I cant imagine, cant fathom... how you sell Dowell Logains to any fan base much less the very base that saw him simply add nothing to an offense that was horrible.

Simply the choices this organization has made in this search, while not a single hot shot or star candidate is available, there was very good coaches (Fangio, McCarthy as an example) available.
Certainly time will tell I have come to like Richard myself and am perplexed that this process is moving so slow an aimless atleast from my perspective.
Cincinnati hired Z. Taylor they didn't need to wait on his teams season to end to determine he is their guy.

Sometimes its best to have a conviction right or wrong.... it seems in this case Grier has no clear conviction or over played his hand.

If you want to keep things in house bire Rizzi he is more qualified than Logains.

God help us if this coaching staff ends up
HC Rizzi
OC Logains
DC Burke

That would truly test every single Dolfans limits.

A question and a statement,

Question- might there be a Harbaugh negotiation taking place on the very hush,hush...considering Ross wouldn't want that egg on his face again?

Statement- this "feels" very much like a team without a plan, as well candiates are declining 2nd interviews.
I can very much invision a scenario in which Richard was the top target and as this process has played out he (Rchard) is getting advice against taking the miami job...i found Dallas coach Marinelli's comment about getting Richard "THE RIGHT HC JOB" very interesting.

I cant imagine, cant fathom... how you sell Dowell Logains to any fan base much less the very base that saw him simply add nothing to an offense that was horrible.

Simply the choices this organization has made in this search, while not a single hot shot or star candidate is available, there was very good coaches (Fangio, McCarthy as an example) available.
Certainly time will tell I have come to like Richard myself and am perplexed that this process is moving so slow an aimless atleast from my perspective.
Cincinnati hired Z. Taylor they didn't need to wait on his teams season to end to determine he is their guy.

Sometimes its best to have a conviction right or wrong.... it seems in this case Grier has no clear conviction or over played his hand.

If you want to keep things in house bire Rizzi he is more qualified than Logains.

God help us if this coaching staff ends up
HC Rizzi
OC Logains
DC Burke

That would truly test every single Dolfans limits.
I would prefer Rizzi over The Pats ball boy.

I would prefer Rizzi over The Pats ball boy.

Absolutely! Philbin then Gase and now Flores....Miami is ****! We are going to be the laughingstock of the NFL like the Browns were. As much as I hated Gase, I would have rather kept him over Flores.

Back
Top Bottom