Hell with Luck | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hell with Luck

I don't know how anybody on this board can explain it to you any clearer... andrew luck is the best prospect to come out since john elway...

better than peyton manning, better than aaron rodgers, better than ben roethlesberger... better than (INSERT ANY NAME YOU WANT HERE)....

furthermore... you don't have to join the suck for luck cause if you don't want to. this team is doing a fine job of sucking on it's own without anybody's help.

Trust me I know how big time a prospect Luck is. But there is never a guarantee with anyone that they'll live up to the hype. Reggie Bush is a pretty good example on our own team. There was a huge outrage when Houston passed him up and he was going to be this once in a generation type RB that was going to be the next Gale Sayers. Tom Mandarich too. Look at the top of the drafts and there are a ton of busts. Personally I believe Luck is going to be great. I just think we'll be fine with Jones/Barkley as well and want to see us win some games.

i dont get the whole "luck doesnt wanna play for fans like this" crap. WE'RE HIS BIGGEST FANS!

Trust me I know how big time a prospect Luck is. But there is never a guarantee with anyone that they'll live up to the hype. Reggie Bush is a pretty good example on our own team. There was a huge outrage when Houston passed him up and he was going to be this once in a generation type RB that was going to be the next Gale Sayers. Tom Mandarich too. Look at the top of the drafts and there are a ton of busts. Personally I believe Luck is going to be great. I just think we'll be fine with Jones/Barkley as well and want to see us win some games.

but why stress it. i am having a great time this season watching us get closer to luck. wayyyy more fun than last year's frustrating 7-9

I hate the "Luck is not a guarantee" excuse. We know! NO player is a guarantee. But that doesn't mean you just never draft a QB, especially one with as much upside as Luck. We haven't had a QB bring that kind of HOPE to Miami since...Marino.

I hate the "Luck is not a guarantee" excuse. We know! NO player is a guarantee. But that doesn't mean you just never draft a QB

But that would betray the first tenant of Parcall-sian logic...

Draft LT's and 3/4 DE's ahead of QB's cause that's the ticket to winning SB's.

Just a word about Luck or any Top Pick not wanting to play for a "Loser" ....

Every Top Pick goes to a "Loser" by definition. Every sport with a draft.

I believe many Top Picks do not want to go to a "Loser Organization" where frustration may last a career (Cincinatti & Arizona are good examples)

Other Top Players, especially QBs want to go to a Big TV Market ... where they can mega-cash-in on their image.

These are also kids ... Miami has the Glam Factor.

I think Miami is GOOD with dedicated ownership, East Coast TV markets, & the Glam Factor. At least we're waaaay ahead of St. Louis & Indy!!

I hate the "Luck is not a guarantee" excuse. We know! NO player is a guarantee. But that doesn't mean you just never draft a QB, especially one with as much upside as Luck. We haven't had a QB bring that kind of HOPE to Miami since...Marino.

I'm with you, we need to draft a QB in the first round next year. I'm not saying if we get the number 1 pick that we should trade down or draft someone else. I just can't root against my team on Sundays. If we don't get the number 1 pick than I'll be happy to draft Jones/Barkley.

I rather win football games . Getting a unproven QB. Get real.

BleedinGreenNC im pretty sure you would give thanks ,because you know whats to come if we do get Luck ,i bet right now your pissin your pants with fright and prob dont have any fingernails , good ,good, be afraid be very afraid .:hump:​

I knew this mess would come. Jim Harbaugh ordeal. Channing Chowder. "We Want Orton" chant. that embarrassing loss against the Patriots.

It's better off if we lose this game. Elway wanted the Dolphins to win but his plan backfired.

I know it's a matter of opinion but I don't see reggie bush as a bust. The dude is a touchdown machine. I'd have to factor in the injury side, if I was being honest. But in all honesty, if we used that guy here like they did in new orleans I still think he'd find the endzone. me personally, I'd rather have reggie than mario williams.
I'd agree also, that we'd be fine with barkley or jones, but if we are talking about a 3 headed race for we take at qb, obviously luck is at the top, and by a decent margin!!

I know it's a matter of opinion but I don't see reggie bush as a bust. The dude is a touchdown machine. I'd have to factor in the injury side, if I was being honest. But in all honesty, if we used that guy here like they did in new orleans I still think he'd find the endzone. me personally, I'd rather have reggie than mario williams.
I'd agree also, that we'd be fine with barkley or jones, but if we are talking about a 3 headed race for we take at qb, obviously luck is at the top, and by a decent margin!!

Whether or not Reggie Bush is a bust is a matter of opinion, I agree with you there. You could definately make the case he was worth the 2nd overall pick to New Orleans. He was a big contributor to them and they won a Super Bowl there.

I don't agree with you on Mario Williams though, I'd much rather have Williams but I respect your opinion. To me the final nail in the coffin in Sparano's tenure is got to be the way we've totally misused Bush. We're treating him like he's a big plodding Half Back when he should be used as a mismatch nightmare. Huge disappointment in our coaching staff on the way he's been used this year.

I do like all 3 QB's to a different degree. Luck is by far and away the most polished out of the three and I would love to have him. But if we ended up winning a couple of games and ended up with Jones/Barkley I'd be happy with that too.

After the Colts' embarassment last night, Luck is far from a guarantee

Back
Top Bottom