Henne this, Henne that..... Anyone worried about Sean Smith??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne this, Henne that..... Anyone worried about Sean Smith???

I'm not that worried because those who've been at practices also state that Smith is looking like a boarder-line pro bowler out there

He got burned by Gates who is crazy fast and got beat by Marshall who is a freak and is nicknamed the beast im ok with that
Stuff like that can happen to any cb in the nfl

He got run over by Reggie well Reggie aint some scrub rb off the streets I know its not Reggies way of doing things but he is an nfl rb

None of this worries me

Well Ginn burned Revis..

Corners are gonna get burned from time to time. It happens. It always will happen.

Marshall is a top WR. You honestly won't expect Smith to shut him down man to man do you? I don't.

Gates burns everybody at practice, Vontae included. **** happens

The people saying practice doesnt matter are the same people freaking out that Henne threw an incomplete pass IN PRACTICE.

didnt he look not so good last season early in TC, preseason and thats why Jason Allen started over him? He'll be fine

He is awful

The man can't play in space, is slow, and has terrible change of direction. He wouldn't start on more than maybe 3-4 other teams. I am not even a Dolphins fan but I watch the games to be able to discuss with friend who is and only William Gay from my Steelers is worse for sure, there may be others but that is not good company. Smith needs to be moved to FS where he can play center field and keep the play in front of him. Just not a good cb.

I'm not that worried because those who've been at practices also state that Smith is looking like a boarder-line pro bowler out there

Pro bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest
now tell me he's looking all-pro and that would be an attention getter

Smith had a slow start last year, could just be his thing. I thought he played well last year. Sounds like they are playing a lot of man right now, but I feel once Nolan starts scheming he will put Smith in spots that he excels at. Last year Nolan put him in some specially designed schemes that really showcased his skill set. If he wasn't captain butterfingers his play would have really excited most of us. Lets all slow down a bit and realize that Smith's tools will be put to use and he will contribute nicely for us once the gameplans are developed.

And I was burned when I posted on here we should go after nnamdi. Everyone said that smith and vontae r elite duo and this and that. Sean smith is a mediocre cb. He was not that good last year but bc he had a few dropped int's, people started thinking he was good. Nope. He's just mediocre. I think between him and our nickel cb, our secondary is a Huge ? This season. Clemons was no good and bell can't cover for ****. Only secondary who can cover is vontae. I would have loved to upgrade the position. Who knows, maybe we trade for asante Samuel.

Only reason our secondary was not exploited all season was bc of the play of our DL. Who I'm very excited to see this season. Sad but its bout the only thing im excited to see.

Actually, statistically Sean Smith was ranked higher than Vontae Davis last year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2010

put smith back at rover and cover TE's and let will allen cover other side.....oh crap, were screwed. jerry wilson?

Both years he's been here, we've seen uninspiring play in the regular season, followed by an offseason of people here saying that the numbers show he was actually better than Vontae, etc. I'm not convinced, I didn't see anything that impressive last year, and I'm wondering what every one here is gonna say if he gets torched in preseason by some other team's backup QB.

Back
Top Bottom