Here is an interesting list......... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is an interesting list.........

How is he not getting the job done so far when no games have been played? So Vontae gets a pass for having perfect throws on him? That Sam Aiken catch was a perfect throw, and just a ridiculous sequence of events. The Sam Hurd catch in the Dallas preseason game was a perfect throw and catch that not even champ bailey in his prime could of covered. I seem to remember Davis getting smoked by TO, stiff armed by Moss for a 71 yard TD, and then flat out burnt by Moss for a 60 yarder the next game. I also recall Sean Smith shutting down the best WR in the game, Andre Johnson.

As for Steve Smith. If Sean Smith is covering a smaller, quicker guy like that, that's on the coaching staff for being complete idiots.

We can go back and forth all-day long. Vontea's mistakes are what you expect from a confident skilled rookie. Smiths are from a lack of skill set. The Adkins play was the pinnacle of Smiths short coming and timid nature. Let's not get Carrie away with throwing the term **** down around none of our CBs did that last yr. A. Johnson had Smith fried a few times and there was a couple bad throws or didn't get the look. Smiths biggest weakness is his inability to change direction and it shows. Sorry man it is gonna get exploited big time now that teams have year of film.

How is he not getting the job done so far when no games have been played? So Vontae gets a pass for having perfect throws on him? That Sam Aiken catch was a perfect throw, and just a ridiculous sequence of events. The Sam Hurd catch in the Dallas preseason game was a perfect throw and catch that not even champ bailey in his prime could of covered. I seem to remember Davis getting smoked by TO, stiff armed by Moss for a 71 yard TD, and then flat out burnt by Moss for a 60 yarder the next game. I also recall Sean Smith shutting down the best WR in the game, Andre Johnson.

As for Steve Smith. If Sean Smith is covering a smaller, quicker guy like that, that's on the coaching staff for being complete idiots.

i guess you think sean smith was benched because he's played well this camp and preseason??? as for the second part if steve smith lines up on the boundary at wr the boundary corner is gonna line up over him...not much idiotic thinking there...

i don't recall sean smith shutting down anyone...i remember hearing he shut down reggie wayne and then peyton after the game to the media said that he saw how we decided to take away reggie with double coverage so he went to other better one on one options ie dallas clark who torched us...

If we stink on Sunday, I'm hopping on your bandwagon. There is no reason this team shouldn't win by double digits vs. the Bills. That team has the worst O-Line and Front 7 in the league. Not to mention a terrible QB and WR corp.

Scary thing is a crap QB named Fitzpatrick lead a 5min span that derailed our season. I think we win it won't be pretty something like 21-20 or 10-9. However it will open a lot of eyes! I am just as worried about our oline to much shuffling and now long missing practice. Leads me to believe they will spend a lot of time not on the same page missing blocks, calls, and pick UPS. Especially with all the switching at center.

Relax, just watch and enjoy. We'll be fine on defense. Offense I'm more concerned with cause they were really trying in the preseason and looked completely out of sync.

sorry truth but i think the secondary is an issue...a big one

Scary thing is a crap QB named Fitzpatrick lead a 5min span that derailed our season. I think we win it won't be pretty something like 21-20 or 10-9. However it will open a lot of eyes! I am just as worried about our oline to much shuffling and now long missing practice. Leads me to believe they will spend a lot of time not on the same page missing blocks, calls, and pick UPS. Especially with all the switching at center.

The shuffling on the line has been very much overblown imo. There's been shuffling at one position all preseason. I'm not too concerned with shuffling backups, because our depth at O-Line wasn't very good before we started shuffling, can't be much worse now. All we can hope for is no injuries...

i guess you think sean smith was benched because he's played well this camp and preseason??? as for the second part if steve smith lines up on the boundary at wr the boundary corner is gonna line up over him...not much idiotic thinking there...

i don't recall sean smith shutting down anyone...i remember hearing he shut down reggie wayne and then peyton after the game to the media said that he saw how we decided to take away reggie with double coverage so he went to other better one on one options ie dallas clark who torched us...

I would expect them to put Davis on Smith no matter where he lines up. As for Smith not shutting down anyone, watch the Texans game again to refresh your memory. Sadly, Vontae Davis didn't shut anyone down either, and was routinely torched, even more so than Smith, thus giving up more yards, catches, etc. Losing Will Allen is going to hurt.

The shuffling on the line has been very much overblown imo. There's been shuffling at one position all preseason. I'm not too concerned with shuffling backups, because our depth at O-Line wasn't very good before we started shuffling, can't be much worse now. All we can hope for is no injuries...

agreed. The big issue was Grove or Berger at C. It had been pretty obvious for awhile that Incognito and Jerry would start at guard. Now with Thomas cut and Garner on IR, depth becomes a huge issue.

As for secondary... They're gonna give up plays and they are gonna make plays. That's really all you can say. Hope that Clemons is nowhere near as bad as Wilson at FS, and see how many plays the secondary can make.

Garner was another big loss. About the only depth I was happy with with the exception of whoever isn't starting between the 2 centers.

I dunno man watching the film I'm not seeing the trench wars being won so far like last season. Seeing a lot of missed assignments and reads. I am very concerned we won't be able to impose our will on the Dline and run like last yr. Although the Marshall factor opens that up a bunch! Either back your safeties up or he is gonna beat up your CBs and when I say beat up I mean physically abuse and torture! That concussion prone Poole the Jets picked up may become a bubble head doll after Marshall hits him!

I dunno man watching the film I'm not seeing the trench wars being won so far like last season. Seeing a lot of missed assignments and reads. I am very concerned we won't be able to impose our will on the Dline and run like last yr. Although the Marshall factor opens that up a bunch! Either back your safeties up or he is gonna beat up your CBs and when I say beat up I mean physically abuse and torture! That concussion prone Poole the Jets picked up may become a bubble head doll after Marshall hits him!

The LG position was shuffled a lot but by the 3rd game I think Sparano settled on Incognito. The center position was in flux all preseason and when you run between the tackles as much as we do it has an effect.

The LG position was shuffled a lot but by the 3rd game I think Sparano settled on Incognito. The center position was in flux all preseason and when you run between the tackles as much as we do it has an effect.

Absolutely I just hope Buffalo is enough of a tune up to get things going!

Wish I would have known you boys were at Carolina game!

I'm not too concerned with it yet. Outside of the Falcons game. Jerry has looked great all TC/Preseason. Incognito has looked good too. I think we improved over Smiley with a bum shoulder and Thomas who isn't even on the team anymore. Though Garner did take over for Thomas at some point last year. The Line looked pretty good the 1st 2 games, terrible vs. the falcons, and meh vs. the Cowboys. Of course, I've always been the kind to not put any thought in preseason though. Far too many times have I seen stuff happen in preseason, just to have the complete opposite happen when the bullets start flying. So it's just in my nature not to get worried about what I see in preseason.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Incognito has started at LG the whole preseason.

i think you guys are too worked up about the oline...now the depth hell yeah it looks pretty poor from where i'm standing but the starting 5 i'm more than satisfied with...i think that beginning this week these guys will start to become a more cohesive unit and things will start to gel...

and this buffalo defensive front 7 is just the kind of thing to get your swagger back...blow their ***** off the ball...we SHOULD be able to run the ball down their throats...if we can't i'm gonna be pissed cause that dline and lb core is nothing special

get brandon marshall involved as an extension of the running game and bang em for play action vertical when they have to come up in run support...

Back
Top Bottom