Here’s the deal... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s the deal...

Sadly because that’s what Ross has always done. The Phins/Ross have been duped by execs and coaches too many times. Used as leverage in negotiations with other teams that candidates really want to go to. This is a billionaire that thinks he can discretely fly his own plane to interview a HC candidate and that the media won’t get tipped off. Ross did this while Phins HC had not been fired.

I think his worst move was publicly giving job security to a mediocre HC right after a meaningless blocked punt win.
So it looks like as Dolphins fans, as long as Ross owns the team, we have no hope. Who knows if the next owner will be any better.

Which means Ross is a terrible owner and doesn't care about winning. Depressing being a Dolphins' fan right now.

Not going to disagree, and I get the frustration, but Ross isn't selling and Grier/Flo are safe.

Not going to disagree, and I get the frustration, but Ross isn't selling and Grier/Flo are safe.
I guess as fans we have no hope then. Probably best to find better things to do on Sundays because until changes are made this team will continue to be a laughing stock.

I believe we traded 2 firsts and a third for Waddle. It was a horrible trade. Not because I don’t like Waddle, but you simply don’t trade that much for a small speedy WR. It literally has never been done before in the history of the NFL.
Wait, wtf. Can you clarify this please? How did we give up two firsts and a third? We got SFs 2023 first as well. We traded down picked up options from SF then gave away some to get back up but it definitely wasn't giving up 2 1sts.

Wait, wtf. Can you clarify this please? How did we give up two firsts and a third? We got SFs 2023 first as well. We traded down picked up options from SF then gave away some to get back up but it definitely wasn't giving up 2 1sts.

12th pick in ‘21 draft and 1st in ‘22 draft to Philly for their 6th in ‘21

Chiefs should trade their first next year for Howard. Their D is awful. Howard would take it off cruise control if he’s playing for a contender.

Bc once we made the SF trade we were at #12. So to get up to #6 we had to give Philly #12 and our own #1 for 2022. That’s 2 #1s

I’m almost willing to guarantee if we have a losing season one of them (most likely Grier) is gone. If we totally flop and go 1-16/2-15/3-14 then 1 is for certain gone and maybe even both. I have that on really solid authority from multiple people.

Bro Ross is on fire. People may have their issues with him myself included but it’s not bc he doesn’t want to win. Ross wants to win as badly as any of us do if not more. You don’t get to where he is in life by losing much at all. I promise you from what I was told today right after the game he is literally on fire and chewing some as* tonight.

One of my guys even suggested that he may be at the point where he’s giving Grier an ultimatum on the rest of this season. My guy that I’m talking about happens to know Ross personally. I’m not claiming they’re best friends and talk all the time but he’s been around him enough to say that he’s an acquaintance. Ross despises losing and he’s at the point where he’s willing to spend whatever it takes to make his baby (the franchise) succeed.

We traded our #12 pick in 2021, a 4th round pick, and another 1st round pick in 2022, for the # 6 pick and a 5th round pick in 2021. This trade had nothing to do with the San Fran trade.
So we traded 2 #1s and a 4th rounder for Waddle and a 5th round pick who I believe we traded.

Terrible.

See above.
I got ya but it doesn’t negate the fact that our deal with just Philly was for 2 #1s. We spent the #12 pick and whatever this years pick turns out to be (likely top 10 maybe even top 5) for a slot WR. That’s a bad trade any way you spin it.

After a little research, we traded our #12 pick in 2021, a 4th round pick, and another 1st round pick in 2022, for the # 6 pick and a 5th round pick in 2021. This trade had nothing to do with the San Fran trade.
So we traded 2 #1s and a 4th rounder for Waddle and a 5th round pick who I believe we traded.

Terrible.
So just to be clear you count the future picks for Philly but not the future picks for SF. It's a net 1 fwiw. Come 2023 when we have two firsts or when we trade up next year, remember this.

Back
Top Bottom