Hey Jet Fans... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Jet Fans...

We won our lone game in OCTOBER, you guys waited until December. We weren't close to going 0-16.

We KNEW he would turn us around b/c he was coaching and everyone in the league KNEW he would turn us around. Things are different this time b/c he is not coaching.

All we need is 1 SB win and we tie you for SB wins so please don't act like you are SF, Dallas or Pitt.

:lol: 1-15 is going 1-15 no matter how you look at it, but you can make yourself feel better if you want. Regardless of what month our games were won, we still both have a 1-15 in our history, which is looked upon the same. Nobody will remember that yours was won in October and ours in December.

Yeah, you're right. If you want to be like the Miami Dolphins all you need is one super bowl.

Oh wait...and a couple more things. A dynasty, a perfect season, a Hall of Fame record-breaking QB considered by most to be among the top 5 of all time, A hall of fame coach considered to be one of the greatest of all time, a better win percentage, 30+ years of being winners, and 5 more hall of famers.

Good luck.

You know I have been here for years and the rare times you guys have beaten us I always show up. I just hope you guys show proper respect Monday if we beat you.

You know we have no problem with most of the Jets fans on this site, but like everything, you always have some jerks (I'm speaking of every team). It would be good to hear from you win or lose.

:lol: 1-15 is going 1-15 no matter how you look at it, but you can make yourself feel better if you want. Regardless of what month our games were won, we still both have a 1-15 in our history, which is looked upon the same. Nobody will remember that yours was won in October and ours in December.

Yeah, you're right. If you want to be like the Miami Dolphins all you need is one super bowl.

Oh wait...and a couple more things. A dynasty, a perfect season, a Hall of Fame record-breaking QB considered by most to be among the top 5 of all time, A hall of fame coach considered to be one of the greatest of all time, a better win percentage, 30+ years of being winners, and 5 more hall of famers.

Good luck.

1-15 does suck, the point is we didn't flirt w/ a winless season b/c our win came at midseason while you guys waited until the final month and needed OT to get your lone win.

As for your last paragraph:

A Dynasty: You've never had one so we don't have to worry about that, back to back titles is not a dynasty.

Perfect season- we'll never get that but it still only counted for 1 SB title.

HOF record breaking QB- we have one now and he actually has a SB title.

HOF Coach: We had Weeb and Bill Parcells who both won as many Championships as Shula(Weeb won 1 more) in alot less seasons and Weeb BEAT Shula head to head in a SB.

Win % is meaningless. The Pats have a lesser win % but more Championships, I'll take their history.

30+ years of winning seasons b ut who cares if you can't win Championships?

Who cares about HOFers?

All we need is 1 SB title and we tie you, the NFL is a botoom line business and the bottom line is you have 1 more title than we have. You don't get Lombardi Trophies for winning seasons.

1-15 does suck, the point is we didn't flirt w/ a winless season b/c our win came at midseason while you guys waited until the final month and needed OT to get your lone win.

As for your last paragraph:

A Dynasty: You've never had one so we don't have to worry about that, back to back titles is not a dynasty.

Perfect season- we'll never get that but it still only counted for 1 SB title.

HOF record breaking QB- we have one now and he actually has a SB title.

HOF Coach: We had Weeb and Bill Parcells who both won as many Championships as Shula(Weeb won 1 more) in alot less seasons and Weeb BEAT Shula head to head in a SB.

Win % is meaningless. The Pats have a lesser win % but more Championships, I'll take their history.

30+ years of winning seasons b ut who cares if you can't win Championships?

Who cares about HOFers?

All we need is 1 SB title and we tie you, the NFL is a botoom line business and the bottom line is you have 1 more title than we have. You don't get Lombardi Trophies for winning seasons.

Doesn't matter, 1-15 is 1-15.

Just because you weren't alive to see it, doesn't mean it wasn't a dynasty.

Perfect season also = recognition every year another team doesn't accomplish that feat.

Yes, you have a HOF, but he'll always be a Packer. Our HOF quarterback is remembered for breaking records, your greatest QB is remembered for hitting on sideline reporters under the influence.

Win % is only meaningless because you want to win the argument. Also, you're a Jets fan, you'll take the history of just about any other team in the league.

Who cares about Hall of Famers? How about the NFL, its players, and its fans.

Unfortunately for you, it's not looking like you'll get that title....ever.

Doesn't matter, 1-15 is 1-15.

Just because you weren't alive to see it, doesn't mean it wasn't a dynasty.

Perfect season also = recognition every year another team doesn't accomplish that feat.

Yes, you have a HOF, but he'll always be a Packer. Our HOF quarterback is remembered for breaking records, your greatest QB is remembered for hitting on sideline reporters under the influence.

Win % is only meaningless because you want to win the argument. Also, you're a Jets fan, you'll take the history of just about any other team in the league.

Who cares about Hall of Famers? How about the NFL, its players, and its fans.

Unfortunately for you, it's not looking like you'll get that title....ever.

1-15 does stink no matter what way you look at it but we never had to worry about going 0-16 like you guys did. You were an OT session away from going winless.

Back to back titles does not equal a dynasty.

Your perfect season was great BUT you also had the easiest sched of any SB Champ, your '73 team was better.

Our greatest QB WON a SB and beat your HOF Coach in the process:lol: He'll be remembered for winning SB II not what happend in 2005.

Win % is maningless, you guys have a close win % to us this decade yet we have double your playoff apps. Who cares if you go 9-7 or 10-6 and miss the playoffs? You have the best win % in the NFL, would you rather have that or 5 SBs like Dal, Pitt and SF? You aren't close to those franchises.

Why do I care how many HOFers we have? That's an individual honor not a team honor. I wish all the Jets luck in getting to the Hall but I'd rather see them win than have HOFers.

We may not get another SB title but are things looking better for you? Your last title was 35 years ago, ours 40. There's not much of a difference.

AGAIN, you guys act like you are the NY Yankees of the NFL when in reality you are more like the NY Mets.

1-15 does stink no matter what way you look at it but we never had to worry about going 0-16 like you guys did. You were an OT session away from going winless.

Back to back titles does not equal a dynasty.

Your perfect season was great BUT you also had the easiest sched of any SB Champ, your '73 team was better.

Our greatest QB WON a SB and beat your HOF Coach in the process:lol: He'll be remembered for winning SB II not what happend in 2005.

Win % is maningless, you guys have a close win % to us this decade yet we have double your playoff apps. Who cares if you go 9-7 or 10-6 and miss the playoffs? You have the best win % in the NFL, would you rather have that or 5 SBs like Dal, Pitt and SF? You aren't close to those franchises.

Why do I care how many HOFers we have? That's an individual honor not a team honor. I wish all the Jets luck in getting to the Hall but I'd rather see them win than have HOFers.

We may not get another SB title but are things looking better for you? Your last title was 35 years ago, ours 40. There's not much of a difference.

AGAIN, you guys act like you are the NY Yankees of the NFL when in reality you are more like the NY Mets.

Ask anyone that isn't an uneducated jets fan what teams were dynastys in the 70's and one of them will be the Dolphins. Winning two superbowls BACK TO BACK, going undefeated-something that has never been accomplished again- and dominating in the 70's isn't a dynasty? :lol: Just stop now...your making yourself look stupid and even more of a homer.

You know what? You don't have to take my word for it. Go to google and type in "Miami Dolphin dynasty" and you will see things about the Dolphins in the 70's.

Now, go type in "New York Jets" dynasty and you will get NOTHING. You guys have never even had a couple of seasons in your pathetic franchise that even REMOTELY resembles a dynasty. At least ours in the 70's can be arguable...nobody can even mention anything about a dynasty when talking about the jets because you guys have sucked for the majority of your history.

Your "greatest QB" was also beaten many times by our HOF coach when he was with the Dolphins so your point was moot. He went on to be the only coach to have an undefeated season and he also won back to back super bowls, so I really doubt anyone would remember some drunk guy beating him in a previous Super Bowl over his yet untouched accomplishments. When you guys have a coach that becomes the winningest in NFL history, then come talk to me.

I'd rather have a whole bunch of seasons going 10-6 and 9-7 and winning for 30+ years than being a team for a franchise that has lost the majority of the games it has ever played. Whats your all-time record again? Bottom line is that your franchise is known for being LOSERS, and ours is known for being WINNERS.

The reality is that all the jets are known for is some guy who is now a alcoholic making a promise in the late 60's, and your lowly franchise will never have the success that ours has had.

Ask anyone that isn't an uneducated jets fan what teams were dynastys in the 70's and one of them will be the Dolphins. Winning two superbowls BACK TO BACK, going undefeated-something that has never been accomplished again- and dominating in the 70's isn't a dynasty? Just stop now...your making yourself look stupid and even more of a homer.

You are the one making yorslef look foolish, 2 Championships in a row is NOT a dynasty. So the '97-'98 Broncos were a dynasty? of course not, the '91-'92 Blue jays a dynasty? of course not. In the 70s the ONLY dynasty was the Pittsburgh Steelers who won 4 in 6. 3 in 4 is a minimum for a dynasty and even that is pushing it.

You know what? You don't have to take my word for it. Go to google and type in "Miami Dolphin dynasty" and you will see things about the Dolphins in the 70's.

I don't care what comes up, that doesn't matter to me. I know 2 titles back to back isn't a dynasty.

Who knew the Jets were so close to a dynasty? Had they won again in '69 we would have had a dynasty:lol:

Now, go type in "New York Jets" dynasty and you will get NOTHING. You guys have never even had a couple of seasons in your pathetic franchise that even REMOTELY resembles a dynasty.

According to you we nearly had a dynasty, if we beat KC in '69 and go on to win our 2nd straight SB we would have had a dynasty according to your low standards.

At least ours in the 70's can be arguable...nobody can even mention anything about a dynasty when talking about the jets because you guys have sucked for the majority of your history.

it's not arguable, you never had a dynasty. You have 2 SB titles and we have 1 sol you are closer to our "crappy" franchise than the great franchises like dallas and GB.

Your "greatest QB" was also beaten many times by our HOF coach when he was with the Dolphins so your point was moot.

he was but which was more important- SB III or some regular season game in the 70s? The reason Shula wasn't still coaching in Baltimore was b/c we beat them in SB III so you should thank us for getting Shula.

He went on to be the only coach to have an undefeated season and he also won back to back super bowls, so I really doubt anyone would remember some drunk guy beating him in a previous Super Bowl over his yet untouched accomplishments. When you guys have a coach that becomes the winningest in NFL history, then come talk to me.

SB III is the single most significant game in pro football history. It's remembered more fondly than that boring SB VII where Miami beat an overmatched, over the hill redskins team.

I'd rather have a whole bunch of seasons going 10-6 and 9-7 and winning for 30+ years than being a team for a franchise that has lost the majority of the games it has ever played. Whats your all-time record again? Bottom line is that your franchise is known for being LOSERS, and ours is known for being WINNERS.

When is the last time you madde the playoffs? Speaking of dynasties, the Pats dynasty ended 4 years ago(they won 3 in 4 years) and your last playoff game was played BEFORE they won a Championship:lol:

The reality is that all the jets are known for is some guy who is now a alcoholic making a promise in the late 60's, and your lowly franchise will never have the success that ours has had.

All we need is one more Championship and we equal you. i know that pains you but it's a fact and at least our drunk won a SB unlike Mr. Marino.

Of course you don't care what comes up, because people actually realize the Dolphins were a dynasty in the 70's, but you don't because you are an ignorant yets fan and it kills you to admit we had one and you didn't. The reality is, just like you said, you COULD of beaten Kansas City to go to another Super Bowl, but you DIDN'T.

From 1970-1979 we only had ONE losing season. Dominating like that, having a perfect season, and winning back to back championships is called a dynasty. My "standards" are not only referring to championships, but domination, and the jets, have never had ANYTHING close to that.

Your franchise, on the other hand, from 1960-1969 only had FOUR winning seasons and one championship. That is nowhere near being considered dominating.

The Broncos in comparison, from 1990-1999, had only 5 winning seasons and WERE NOT as big a threat as the Dolphins were in the 70's.

It's funny you should bring up recent years, asking me "When was the last time we made the playoffs?" I will answer you honestly, that the last time we went was in 2001. But you have yet to answer me, what is your all time franchise record? Despite the fact that none of our teams have won championships in recent years, ANYBODY would rather take a winning record over a losing record like yours, and on that you cannot debate me. Just face the fact that the jets ARE A LOSING FRANCHISE. Even if we haven't made the playoffs in recent years, I still sleep fine with the fact that we are a proud, winning franchise. Don't worry, your life will go on and you might even feel better. :up:

Of course you don't care what comes up, because people actually realize the Dolphins were a dynasty in the 70's, but you don't because you are an ignorant yets fan and it kills you to admit we had one and you didn't. The reality is, just like you said, you COULD of beaten Kansas City to go to another Super Bowl, but you DIDN'T.

From 1970-1979 we only had ONE losing season. Dominating like that, having a perfect season, and winning back to back championships is called a dynasty. My "standards" are not only referring to championships, but domination, and the jets, have never had ANYTHING close to that.

Your franchise, on the other hand, from 1960-1969 only had FOUR winning seasons and one championship. That is nowhere near being considered dominating.

The Broncos in comparison, from 1990-1999, had only 5 winning seasons and WERE NOT as big a threat as the Dolphins were in the 70's.

It's funny you should bring up recent years, asking me "When was the last time we made the playoffs?" I will answer you honestly, that the last time we went was in 2001. But you have yet to answer me, what is your all time franchise record? Despite the fact that none of ours teams have won championships in recent years, ANYBODY would rather take a winning record over a losing record like yours, and on that you cannot debate me. Just face the fact that the jets ARE A LOSING FRANCHISE. Even if we haven't made the playoffs in recent years, I still sleep fine with the fact that we are a proud, winning franchise. Don't worry, your life will go on and you might even feel better. :up:

Lets talk about alltime records. The Jets are not a losing franchise against the dolphins! 45-38-1 against your dolphins! :sidelol:

I will. Im actually not hear to talk smack b/c I believe you guys can win if you control the clock and establish a good run game to take pressure of CP. I still think we will win but it wont be a laugher

Bullcrap!

Lets talk about alltime records. The Jets are not a losing franchise against the dolphins! 45-38-1 against your dolphins! :sidelol:

Funny you should bring that up, since you can't deny you wouldn't want our all-time record over yours, amongst other things. We are seven games behind you guys in our vs. record, fine. That is something that can be easily fixed. But, if you really want to be as good as us, it looks like you have some catching up to do.

All-time records
Dolphins: 369-267
Jets: 322-394

Super Bowl Titles
Dolphins: 1972, 1973
Jets- 1968 (AFL-NFL)

Super Bowl Appearances
Dolphins: 1971, 1972, 1973, 1982, 1984
Jets: 1 (AFL-NFL)

Division Championships
Dolphins: 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1979, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1992, 1994, 2000
Jets: AFL-1968, 1969 NFL-1998, 2002

Again, I say good luck. :lol:

Funny you should bring that up, since you can't deny you wouldn't want our all-time record over yours, amongst other things. We are seven games behind you guys in our vs. record, fine. That is something easily fixed in the present. But, if you really want to be as good as us, it looks like you have some catching up to do.

All-time records

Super Bowl Titles
Jets- 1968 (AFL-NFL)

Super Bowl Appearances

Division Championships
Dolphins: 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1979, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1992, 1994, 2000

Their SB is playing Miami. They forgot about the rest of the league though.

Funny you should bring that up, since you can't deny you wouldn't want our all-time record over yours, amongst other things. We are seven games behind you guys in our vs. record, fine. That is something easily fixed in the present. But, if you really want to be as good as us, it looks like you have some catching up to do.

All-time records

Super Bowl Titles
Jets- 1968 (AFL-NFL)

Super Bowl Appearances

Division Championships

All that matters is head to head when comparing franchises. And head to head, we have you beat! Period! I don't care what you've done against other teams. It is Jets vs. Dolphins! You have a losing record. Get over it, get used to it! The Jets are 7 games OVER .500 against your franchise. Do you understand? Should I type slower for you?

Back
Top Bottom