Holliday signs w/ Fins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holliday signs w/ Fins

Is anybody happy with these two signings? Because I'm not. What are we the land of misfit players or what?

ether79 said:
Yeah if we sign carter i guess he'll play DT. Kinda makes sense cause we're tryin to trade Zgonina so maybe carter will rotate w/ bowens and chester.?.?

I agree.....especially with both Chester and Bowens coming off of injury and the possible departure of Zgonina. Having Carter would certainly be good insurance.

feelthepain said:
Is anybody happy with these two signings? Because I'm not. What are we the land of misfit players or what?

Well for me i'm gonna wait to see this year before judging any signings. We don't know what Saban is looking for in players, what he sees in those players and how they might perform with the right coaching and scheme.

feelthepain said:

I can't comment on Tillman, but Holliday is a solid signing. He did pretty good 2 years ago in KC, but got benched last year because of injuries and Jared Allen.

Anyways, Holliday probably hurts our chance at getting Carter, but I won't say it's impossible. I think our main goal now is LB.

Dudeman said:
you guys ever think that its possible Carter wanted too much?

Carter is older than Holliday...Holliday was a 1st rounder in 1998....maybe Nick wanted a younger guy?

I guess we have to wait and see. Either way I do not think they're getting paid alot. And Holliday and Carter would be upgrades from Jay Williams and Brian Robinson IMO.

welcome to the new approach... small name guys or has-beens with great coaching equals an above-average team with a low cap number

Roman529 said:
Carter is older than Holliday...Holliday was a 1st rounder in 1998....maybe Nick wanted a younger guy?

i said that because on the front page of gotitans.com, it said Carter was looking for a 5 mil signing bonus, and its possible Saban didnt want to pay it

My prediction. If we sign Carter and he's paired with Taylor and Holliday and our secondary doesnt fall off a cliff we will have a top three defense next year

Here is something from an article from Joe Schad hot offf the press.

"Meanwhile, Carter's agent, Harold Lewis, said late Friday afternoon that nothing would be finalized before today. But it's believed that the Titans are not willing to meet Carter's needs on a new contract, leaving Miami the clear favorite"

I don't know if he knew we signed Holliday yet, but it's worth mentioning.

Here are some other things yall might be interested in.

"Noteworthy: The Dolphins are interested in free-agent safety Marlon McCree, a Daytona Beach native. ... Linebacker Donnie Spragan will visit Miami and Seattle. Atlanta is also interested. ... Safety Kenoy Kennedy will visit Miami and Atlanta. ... Linebacker Anthony Simmons is interested in Miami."

feelthepain said:
The Dolphins were 31st vs the run last year...Holliday is an excellent run defender...and he can play DT or DE...makes perfect sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom