Holliday signs w/ Fins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holliday signs w/ Fins

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I like to think of it as 3rd and 10. Miami lines up with Taylor and Bowens on the outside, and Holliday and Carter on the inside.

That should be a good pass rush without blitzing.

That does sound nice, but asuming Chester and TimBo are healthy I dont think it is worth the extra expense. Assuming chester and bowens are both going to healthy might not b a safe assumption though.

beejay05 said:
That does sound nice, but asuming Chester and TimBo are healthy I dont think it is worth the extra expense. Assuming chester and bowens are both going to healthy might not b a safe assumption though.

Timbo should not be in on third downs and Chester isn't exactly the greatest pass rusher.

IMO, pass rush is worth the extra expense.

Big expense for that down and distance situation though. I foresee Holliday (and Carter if signed) as precipitating a move toward a lot more 3-4 fronts than a lot of people admitted we'd see.

ChambersWI said:
I can't comment on Tillman, but Holliday is a solid signing. He did pretty good 2 years ago in KC, but got benched last year because of injuries and Jared Allen.

Anyways, Holliday probably hurts our chance at getting Carter, but I won't say it's impossible. I think our main goal now is LB.

Allen............now that kid's got a motor that won't quit. Talk about hell on wheels.

ckparrothead said:
Big expense for that down and distance situation though. I foresee Holliday (and Carter if signed) as precipitating a move toward a lot more 3-4 fronts than a lot of people admitted we'd see.

two minute drill. There is another situation

If I recall how this went correctly, something kinda came full cycle with our signing of Vonnie Holliday. Maybe a draftnik or Fin historian can help me get this straight, but as I recall...

We held a draft position that came ahead of the spot where the Vikings grabbed Randy Moss. Jimmy traded it away for some combo of lower picks. Afterwards, reporters tried to pin JJ down as to whether he'd missed a shot at Moss. He stated that it was irrelevant, because... had we held that spot, we would have been grabbing Holliday.

Anyone recall this as I do??

P4E said:
If I recall how this went correctly, something kinda came full cycle with our signing of Vonnie Holiday. Maybe a draftnik or Fin historian can help me get this straight, but as I recall...

We held a draft position that came ahead of the spot where the Vikings grabbed Randy Moss. Jimmy traded it away for some combo of lower picks. Afterwards, reporters tried to pin JJ down as to whether he'd missed a shot at Moss. He stated that it was irrelevant, because... had we held that spot, we would have been grabbing Holiday, anyway.

Anyone recall this as I do??

I believe Holiday was the taken by Miami's original pick

Where is John Avery these days anyway (the guy we traded down to pick)

I still think Kevin Carter will be signed. We're pretty much THE suitor.

I like Kevin a lot better...

caneaddict said:
Where is John Avery these days anyway (the guy we traded down to pick)

He currently plays for the Toronto Argos in Canada. He was likely the best RB in the CFL in '02, possibly even the best player. I believe he then caught on with Minnesota and injured his knee in '03, bringing him up to last year where he played the entire season, most of it well below 100%. This year he was asked to take a 50% pay cut to allow the Argos a little more room to work on keeping the core that won the Grey Cup together. I expect him to play much beter this year, he was starting to come around nearing the end of last year, and a full winter of rest should do his knee wonders.

I think we learned from last year that you cant have too many solid dlinemen and ends. Good move, Carter would be a nice addition also. Seems weird to hear some people complaining, our run defense destroyed us last year, these signings are commonsense to me personally.

I know you guys are talking about all these guys coming in but don't expect us to get all of them.If we trade Surtain then of course we have a better chance but he needs to be traded first.

Ozzy rules!!

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom