Holliday signs w/ Fins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holliday signs w/ Fins

new bob said:
wtf??? holliday and carter?? and restructuring of both bowens??? does his mean the 3-4 starts now? especially with anthony simmons and matt stewart coming to visit....

DT - t. bowens/chester
DE - carter
DE - holliday/d.bowens
OLB-taylor
ILB - thomas
ILB- seau
OLB-simmons or stewart?/bowens

that looks pretty damn good to me....(not much room for david bowens as a starter however.....

stil not sure why we signed holliday unless it was for this reason.....

No, it does not mean we are a 3-4 team...it means Nick is adding some depth at a position Wannstedt let deteriorate for four years.

Dave Bowens is still mulling his restructured contract offer.

adamprez2003 said:
My prediction. If we sign Carter and he's paired with Taylor and Holliday and our secondary doesnt fall off a cliff we will have a top three defense next year

And don't discount drafting a player or two that might contribute next year as well.

if we can get Carter too, this is our DL rotation for next year.

DE:JT, DBo (Flemmings)
DT:TBo, Chester (Monds)
DE/DT: Carter, Holliday (Romero)

besides the 3 young guys, the only guy we'd have that's not good against the run is DBo.

if we stay with 4-3 Holliday can make a big impact. dont forget who is in the other side. plus i personally think he is better than o-gun

SN1P3R said:
if we stay with 4-3 Holliday can make a big impact. dont forget who is in the other side. plus i personally think he is better than o-gun

he is not as good at being an end rusher, but he is probably better with stunts.

Look at the ends we've signed/persued. All big boys. 6-5 and up. 280 and up. Marcus Spears anyone??

Either we're eyeing a switch to (or integration of) the 3-4 or we're beefing up the interior pass rush for Saban's aggressive 4-3.

If this is a 4-3 signing, it's a depth acquisition. Much like Bryan Robinson was. Veteran guy who can play inside and out. I REALLY hope we can land Kevin Carter. Proven vet with a ring and plenty in the tank. Guy has never missed a game. I believe that deal can still get done.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Saban interviews these lineman, because you know they're talking schematics.

well, as I said earlier, Joe Schad reports that Carter is hoping we finalize a deal later today, but I don't know if he put Vonnie into account.

Yeah I was just going to say that the fact that Holliday signed a 2 yr deal to me means he has not been promised any starting jobs.

I'm starting to be on board with Dupree on Anthony Simmons, no doubt he's an impact player when healthy...I just hope he can some day stay healthy.

Just imagine man, we've got Holliday, probably (IMO) still going after Carter who is more likely to sign with the phins than not likely, if we pull in Anthony Simmons and maybe a safety, gosh I think we'll be wondering "Surtain who?" when our defense lines up in those 4-3/3-4 alignments.

Should have known better. Saban's going to stockpile talent and figure out their roles later, just like he did with the coaching staff. Now he's going to do it with the roster.

D-Bo may be gone for not restructuring for all we know.

I still hope we get Carter, too. Holiday and JT at end with Bowens, Chester, and Carter rotating in at DT would make for a real good d-line, IMO. It would definately help shore up our run defense, no doubt there.

Holliday on the opposite side from JT will pull down atleast 12 quarterbacks. I wanted him from the start, he is a better run stopper than Carter.

beejay05 said:
Holliday on the opposite side from JT will pull down atleast 12 quarterbacks. I wanted him from the start, he is a better run stopper than Carter.

I like to think of it as 3rd and 10. Miami lines up with Taylor and Bowens on the outside, and Holliday and Carter on the inside.

That should be a good pass rush without blitzing.

I still like Carter better, but having both gives us the advantage of having two very good 3-4 DE's and all of the sudden we have the ability to pull Jason Taylor and David Bowens back into 3-4 OLB positions. Junior Seau has experience manning the ILB spot in the 3-4, and Zach would be the question mark.

You take Larry Chester and Tim Bowens rotating at the NT spot, add an Anthony Simmons to the mix at linebacker for rotation purposes (to make sure we're not depending on JT and D-Bo as starting every down 3-4 OLBs) and all of the sudden IMO we have ourselves the 3-4 personnel that everyone claimed would be impossible to put together in Saban's first year.

Add that to the fact that in the 4-3 alignment we can put JT back at his more natural RDE position, rotate Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter at LDE, with Larry Chester, Tim Bowens and another DT yet to be named (or drafted, rather), and you have Zach to man the MLB spot, an Anthony Simmons or Donnie Spragan or Matt Stewart to man the SSLB spot (or WSLB depending on whether it is Simmons or Spragan/Stewart) and Junior Seau.

Overall add all these names and I'm seeing a lot of high quality rotation, and a lot of 3-4 alignments that KB21 was sooooo sure would never materialize.

Back
Top Bottom