Holy Smokes – DJ Fluker Looks Fantastic | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holy Smokes – DJ Fluker Looks Fantastic

Serious question now.

Can he block?
Most of his career he was somewhere between poor starter at guard or tackle to decentbackup at either position. I wouldn't look at him to solve any problems, but might allow you to mask one for a game or two. Will be intresting to see how the body change impacts him. Some people actually get in better shape, but somehow become lesser players. They knew how to play and compete with the body type they had, but sometimes the changes take time to adjust your playing style to.

Isn’t this the same dude the Fins cut and was subsequently suspended for PEDs? Gee wonder how he got so ripped at such an advanced age 🤔
Yes, back when he was trying make the Dolphins roster he had just started getting in better shape and it's progressed over time. Even then he looked better than he did earlier in his career. I wouldn't be shocked if he used something illegal or something just barely legal to assist his transformation. Doubt he's alone in the NFL on that boat.

Probably won’t cost much and would look awful nice on the right side of our offensive line. He’d be excellent veteran competition for Jackson (and will beat him out allowing Jackson and Lamm to compete for swing tackle spot). I mean just look at Fluker’s physique. He’s probably light enough to really move in McDaniel’s offense.

Then go out and add Matt Feiler for competition with Liam Eichenberg and I think you’re Oline would be set. Maybe pick up a back up LT in the draft for the long term.

Our Oline would look like this:

Armstead | Matt Feiler | Williams | Hunt | Fluker
Jackson | Eichenberg | Feeney | Jones | Lamm

Keeping 10 Olinemen for depth because Armstead’s situation is up and down and Eichenberg and Jackson are ? as well. How’s that for a deep and solid Oline? (which is what you MUST have if you want to make a run.
DO IT

Probably won’t cost much and would look awful nice on the right side of our offensive line. He’d be excellent veteran competition for Jackson (and will beat him out allowing Jackson and Lamm to compete for swing tackle spot). I mean just look at Fluker’s physique. He’s probably light enough to really move in McDaniel’s offense.

Then go out and add Matt Feiler for competition with Liam Eichenberg and I think you’re Oline would be set. Maybe pick up a back up LT in the draft for the long term.

Keeping 10 Olinemen for depth because Armstead’s situation is up and down and Eichenberg and Jackson are ? as well. How’s that for a deep and solid Oline? (which is what you MUST have if you want to make a run.
Ooh, I like that idea…

At the very least he's a camp body, best case scenario is he wins the starting job and tears it up.

Unless he thinks he's worth a small fortune there's no downside....

Even with Fluker and Feiler You still need to draft a guy maybe two - or trade - guys get hurt - and Eichenberg has not proven NFL worthy…nor Jackson….get a center and let Williams play guard….and especially older guys have to sit some - the dolphins skimp on the Oline and we fans pay the price stuck with our preverbal thumbs up our tuchus watching the damn chiefs and their jackass coach being celebrated in the winners circle…

Get it f…ing right for MY/OUR sakes — we’ve paid enough already!!!

I have no idea why we aren’t blowing up GB’s phone regarding Yosh Nijman. He can probably be had for less than his 2nd round tender, which he’s absolutely worth.

We should at least be looking to bring in someone like Matt Feiler.

Sorry, I just remember Fluker getting abused by guy's like Cameron Wake , then lesser guy's and I have to say no to the paycheck hunting dude that now after all these years finally gets it.

I like this unorthodox concept.

Back
Top Bottom