hooshoops prospect takes... | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hooshoops prospect takes...

Thats exactly what I thought too. It was kind of funny watching him abuse whoever was unfortunate enough to take him on. Watching it again, I find it hard how you could say Schwenkes game wasn't good. He was great, at both centre and guard.

I'll take a look at it again obviously but I saw him get beat a few times in the game.

I agree for the most part with your list but have a question. Do you really feel like Banks is a better prospect than X. Rhodes? Milliner I agree with but Banks, I question...not fully disagree but question. I am a Nole Homer so i want to make sure i am seeing clearly.

Fwiw, I am thinking that T or CB would be our best bet in round 1, especially if we can trade back a few spots.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rhodes is too finesse for my taste...only time i saw him get physical with anyone was in that awful no illinois bowl game where they had nothing to talk about at wr...banks is more willing imo to get his nose dirty...rhodes is body beautiful though no doubt about it...i just think he underwhelms me...not a fan

not that banks is the best tackling corner...i just think he's more willing...and i really like his feet and his wiry frame on the boundary...i don't see him taking a lot of false steps or being off balance either...i think banks best football is in front of him...

i like alex okafor also a lot but he's more in the 20's range for me...it wouldn't shock me if years from now he's the highest regarded pass rusher in this entire class...best looking pass rushing texas player in a while

barkevious mingo
luke joeckel
lane johnson
dee milliner (yeah i added him...tapes too good to ignore...but i have some reservations)
jonathon banks
kenny vaccaro (only safety i would even consider)
keenan allen
jonathon cooper
cordarelle patterson (love the rac he provides...wonder though if he's a consistent win in his routes wr and a red zone win option)
chance warmack

I assume you mean the only safety at #12? Because there are a couple of guys (Thomas and Rambo) who I'd love on day 2 if Clemons leaves.

i'm also gonna go out on a little bit of a limb i guess and say that i think come draft day mike glennon is a top 20 pick...i think qb needy teams are gonna look at him a lot like joe flacco and overlook some of those inconsistencies on tape...big body at 6 ft 6 with the frame to add some weight and get stronger and a big arm outside the #'s and down the field...i could see a flacco like draft day rise there...

i know one thing though i'm glad it's not us...

i'm also gonna go out on a little bit of a limb i guess and say that i think come draft day mike glennon is a top 20 pick...i think qb needy teams are gonna look at him a lot like joe flacco and overlook some of those inconsistencies on tape...big body at 6 ft 6 with the frame to add some weight and get stronger and a big arm outside the #'s and down the field...i could see a flacco like draft day rise there...

i know one thing though i'm glad it's not us...

I think you are right. I'd even suggest he could be a top 10 pick. I've seen mock drafts with him going as high as #8 and one even suggested he could rise to #1, lol.

I'm glad it isn't us either, although if it was I'd want Matt Barkley on day two, fantastic value pick. I hope the Bills or Jets don't end up with him.

I think you are right. I'd even suggest he could be a top 10 pick.

I'm glad it isn't us either, although if it was I'd want Matt Barkley on day two, fantastic value pick. I hope the Bills or Jets don't end up with him.

barkleys not getting that far...he'll be a riser once teams start meeting with the qbs and putting him on the chalk board...someones gonna fall in love with that kid...guaranteed...and with a high pick...top 10 pick...physical tools not elite be damned...they'll look at that junior tape and get giddy about it

you know another thing i was thinking about is i think that ryan tannehill having that foot injury during the draft process and missing the senior bowl was a blessing in disguise for us...i really do..watching the way he can throw with such good timing and paste and accuracy outside the #'s down the field there is no doubt in my mind that he would have thrown darts to receivers all over the place had he been there in 1 on 1's...and displayed the accuracy on the move that teams would have loved...i don't think he woul have gotten to #8 had he been there...no doubt in my mind...

as for glennon and top 10 i'm with you...it's possible...someones gonna love the tools and the upside...even if he isn't a plus move athlete...i think he's the buzz qb coming out of the senior bowl for the guys that were there...a lot like flacco years ago

rhodes is too finesse for my taste...only time i saw him get physical with anyone was in that awful no illinois bowl game where they had nothing to talk about at wr...banks is more willing imo to get his nose dirty...rhodes is body beautiful though no doubt about it...i just think he underwhelms me...not a fan

not that banks is the best tackling corner...i just think he's more willing...and i really like his feet and his wiry frame on the boundary...i don't see him taking a lot of false steps or being off balance either...i think banks best football is in front of him...

I have watched most of the FSU games for the past couple of years and never saw him as being a finesse player. He is pretty good in run support and shuts down most everyone lined up against him. He does seem to lose focus sometimes, like he is bored, unless the opposition throws someone good at him. He did have a stud game against NI but they had no one even close to his talent level. Look at this year's Clemson game with Watkins and Hopkins...that is as good of competition as you will find. I don't know if he is worth number 12 but if we trade back to about 18...I would love to have him. Carradine and Jenkins would be outstanding in the late second/third as well. Picking FSU defenders this year would be a great idea, IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

With all the safety talk what about Tony Jefferson? He looks pretty good to me and not many are talking about him. Am I missing something?

I would take the bet against Mike Glennon getting into the top 20. I see why he could. I'm just betting against it.

Dee Milliner is and has always been my #1 corner in this Draft but that's starting to get recognized more and now it looks like he won't make it out of the top 10. With that being the case, that makes Johnthan Banks the most likely target for the Miami Dolphins at #12 overall.

Every chance the Dolphins get both Joe Philbin and Jeff Ireland keep talking about the need to add play makers to the offense and takeaways to the defense. That's Cordarrelle Patterson or Johnthan Banks. When the two faced one another, Banks certainly got the better of Patterson, though Patterson impacted the game very strongly overall...so it's not an easy decision but I think the Dolphins would steer toward Banks over Patterson because more of Patterson's value is caught up in his return skills whereas the Dolphins have a return man already in Marcus Thigpen.

You know, I also go back to Hard Knocks. Jeff Ireland is on the phone with Ryan Grigson about Vontae Davis. He's hemming and hawing about the trade demanding a better price. One of the things he said is "I'm reluctant, because then that means I have to go out and get another one."

Says it all, to me. He knew the trade of Vontae created a hole on the roster that he had not filled by giving Richard Marshall a 3 year, $16 million contract. He knew that he would have to turn around and draft a corner high in 2013. I think Johnthan Banks at #12 overall is fairly likely to be that guy.

barkleys not getting that far...he'll be a riser once teams start meeting with the qbs and putting him on the chalk board...someones gonna fall in love with that kid...guaranteed...and with a high pick...top 10 pick...physical tools not elite be damned...they'll look at that junior tape and get giddy about it

you know another thing i was thinking about is i think that ryan tannehill having that foot injury during the draft process and missing the senior bowl was a blessing in disguise for us...i really do..watching the way he can throw with such good timing and paste and accuracy outside the #'s down the field there is no doubt in my mind that he would have thrown darts to receivers all over the place had he been there in 1 on 1's...and displayed the accuracy on the move that teams would have loved...i don't think he woul have gotten to #8 had he been there...no doubt in my mind...

as for glennon and top 10 i'm with you...it's possible...someones gonna love the tools and the upside...even if he isn't a plus move athlete...i think he's the buzz qb coming out of the senior bowl for the guys that were there...a lot like flacco years ago

I'm with you on Barkley. I think he's a player that's down in the dumps publicly but I wonder if that's the case with the teams. I would especially think that when the coaching staffs start to get involved in the process, he would rise a little bit because they'll be able to appreciate how technically sound he is. But I guess that can also go both ways. Some coaches are even more a slave to physical impressiveness than scouts and personnel evaluators, because they think so highly of themselves as coaches they think they can teach a guy to play the game the right way.

I have Barkley going to the Bills. I think he's the kind of quarterback Doug Marrone appreciates. Marrone's Orangemen have actually played Barkley twice, in 2011 and 2012. Barkley didn't have his best game in 2011, or in 2012 for that matter...but if you're a coach you like to think that your game plans had something to do with that. In preparation for the game you probably do a lot of film study and I think there's a fair chance he's going to be impressed by that film work.

I don't know what the Jets are going to do. The obvious decision would seem to be for them to trade a mid round pick to the Seahawks for Matt Flynn. Their GM Idzik was part of the front office staff that signed Flynn, and furthermore Matt Flynn would seem to fit in with Rex Ryan's expectation that they're going to pull in "competition" for Mark Sanchez. What's left unsaid when he talks about "competition" for Sanchez is that it means he doesn't want to completely scrap Sanchez (as they should) and start over with a new guy they're betting the franchise on. Matt Flynn would give them a way to accomplish all that and the Seahawks are pretty smart to make it known that they're not cutting Flynn and that if you want him you've got to trade for him.

Hah. You want to talk about validation of a theory? This is validation of a theory:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...e-wishes-uscs-matt-barkley-left-early-for-nfl

Syracuse coach Doug Marrone is acutely aware of the challenges Matt Barkley presents heading into Saturday's game against top-ranked USC in the New York College Classic.

Last October, Barkley shredded the Orange secondary with 324 yards and five touchdowns. During Monday's Big East coaches' teleconference, Marrone indicated that Barkley, not Robert Griffin III, would have been considered the top quarterback in last April's NFL Draft alongside Andrew Luck.

“I was one of a couple people that was hoping he'd go on to the NFL,” Marrone said. “I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I'm happy he's back.”

Saturday's game will be played at MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants and Jets.

Besides being impressed by Barkley's intangibles, Marrone raved about Barkley's pocket presence and patience. Unlike many college quarterbacks Barkley excels in checking down to his backs when his downfield targets are covered, Marrone said. Barkley connected with his running backs four times in last season's 38-17 win over Syracuse.

“If he doesn't like what's going on when they (take away) the deep vertical threats, he can come right back to the backs,” Marrone said. “That's one of the things you see with the top guys in the NFL.”

Back
Top Bottom