Houston we have a problem | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Houston we have a problem

TuaClockSomewhere

Active Roster
Reaction score
Well to start off we have never beaten the Texans. I'm not a huge believer in streaks like this but just saying. Also I realize vontae has been pretty dang good for a rookie, he's very physical and really tries to make some plays. The thing is this could be a huge matchup problem. Andre Johnson who I think is the best WR in the NFL going against a secondary that has shown problems on giving up big plays. Gibril Wilson is absolutely garbage in coverage and that will not help any young corner going against any reciever. If are secondary as a whole doesn't step up Andre could have one for the record books. I realize STAT wise we are pretty high on QB sacks. But i still think getting pressure on the QB is a problem for us. If we give Schaub time he will pick us apart. in my opinion he is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. another very underrated reciever is Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones. The loss of Slaton and Daniels help but if we dont get pressure and give Schaub time to let deep patterns develop this could be trouble.

Now on defense i dont see much to worry about. Brian Cushing is playing out of his mind so we need to stay away from him and have to stay good up front like we have all year and give Henne time. I am very curious to see how Henne bounces back after last game. i think he will be fine and have a big game. Hopefully Sparano got on ricky's a$$ for fumbling so much because we cant aford turnovers with this crappy playcalling and are defense who is allergic to getting turnovers.
with this said GO PHINS AND GO STEELERS!

Schaub might have the single game passing yardage record by halftime...

Why? Slimm Jr is correct.

Houston always beats us and look for Andre Johnson to have about 10 or so receptions for 150+ yards and a couple of TDs. Does he ever not against us? They won't fear us in the least, just watch.

Is there any doubt AJ will have 100+ yds and a TD? This game is one I REALLY want to win outside of the obvious reason of the playoffs. The loss last year was a painful one. To watch that crap on the last play of the game.:crazy: UGH. It's like a burned image in my skull and to make is worse Schaub went on to say in an interview this year that, that's the most exciting play he has ever made in his career and his favorite so far.

We'll show you exciting douche bag! GO PHINS!!

about as long as youve been a texan fan

You might want to consider going back into it about noon Sunday...:lol:

Nah...I suppose you'd be better served staying conscious for this one and get back with me afterwards...

i hope youre wrong bro

Everyone has their own definition of fanhood. You don't like cynicism and think it isn't worthy of a true fan. Personally, I don't define fanhood by cynicism (especially on an internet forum - the rules may be different at the game itself).

To me the problem is not slim saying that he thinks A Johnson will break records against us. The sad truth is that he could be right. The only problem to me is if Slim actually hopes it happens. Now THAT would be being a texans fan. I somehow doubt he wants it to happen though, he is just cynical because of the real shortcomings of our pass D.

Did any of you #1 fanboys even read the thread title when you clicked on it? Or the OP's post?

Miami's lackluster pass defense is about to face one of the top passing offenses and mismatches at WR that the NFL has seen in many, many years...

What anybody "hopes" for has nothing to do with what's going to transpire on Sunday...

We're all here to post our opinions.....I gave mine....

Some posters are jersey wearing, pom-pom waving chearleader types....if that's your thing go for it...

I'm not.....whatever happens is going to happen...I just call it how I see it.....feel free to disagree.....just spare me the fanboy garbage and provide something football related as to why you disagree...

When in doubt other teams have just thrown up the long ball and
killed us with the big play...all year.
Ted is right.
Our pass rush is old,we have to blitz with a extra man to try to get there
and it leaves our young CB's on a island.
It's killed us all year.
We could be in for a long day.

Back
Top Bottom