Houston we have a problem | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Houston we have a problem

Personally, I don't put the Texans passing game ahead of the Saints, Colts or even the Pats. Johnson will very well get 100 + but that doesn't assure the Texans victory. There is a lot more to the game then one player.

to say that those guys are better qb's because they got to the postseason? i hate that agrument. eli was carried by his defense that year. big ben also carried by the defense. Schaub is a top 10 qb.;)

They all got to the post season throwing the ball whether you want to admit it or not. Yes each team can make a case for their offense or defense having a superb year, but each of those teams had a QB that not only threw multiple touchdowns, but could game manage at some point and not make terrible season altering mistakes.

And besides. . . who do you think fans, players, coaches, owners, etc. . . would really want more: A playoff QB? or a QB with high stats that's never been in the postseason?

Stats don't mean **** in the long run. Every QB knows that. You don't win the big game, who gives a damn.

Scuab is not a top 10 QB.
I would rather have any of those other aforementioned QB's before I picked up schaub. Without Andre, Schaub would be nothing.

Statistically speaking, yes Matt Schaub is a top 10 QB. I also liked how an above poster said TONY ROMO of all people has lead his team in the playoffs.

As a Texans fan I have this feeling if the game is on the line and the Texans go to AJ he will put the team on his back (anybody remember last year when he took what should've been a pick away from Yeremiah Bell on 4th and 10 with about 1:30 left in the game? I do) and do everything he can to win.

I think who plays the best defense wins the game.

Bottom line, Houston is a ONE dimensional team with a below average O-line and average defense. If the Phins are as good as we hope they are, they will control both lines of scrimmage.
If the the Phins cannot beat a flawed team like Houston, AT HOME, while in the midst of a playoff race, then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
I'm not scared of this team. They are not a physical, intimidating bunch

Seems like everyone of these so called pro analysts are overrating Houston. If Houston is as good as all these people believe and so much better than the Dolphins then why are they 7-7. Why did they get swept by the Jaguars?Why did they get dominated in their house by the Jets?Why didn't they sweep the Titans?
They have a very good passing game, pathetic running game and an average defense.

Anyone who thinks they are so much better than the Dolphins either has some bias or hasn't been following the NFL closely this year.

Frankly, SCHAUB isn't that good. Not bad, but not a top 10 QB, either. The whole league now knows how to beat a great passing team: N.O. showed us how when they beat NE. You simply determine who their biggest receiving threat REALLY is, and take him out w/a double-team. The SAINTS determined that it was WELKER, and not MOSS. I/m/o, they were 100% right. As to HOUSTON, we KNOW who the big threat is. So play the "nickel" all game, and put the game-long double-team on their top WR. Don't worry about their running game, which has already been ruined by injury. Pressure SCHAUB, and see if they have any other QB/WR combo who can carry the team on their back w/o a real running game. I don't think HOUSTON has another such combo that can do it.

And bench WILSON, and let him give BELL a quick rest every now and then. They're both solid as SSs, but both absolutely stink as a FS. Maybe CULVER or CLEMMONS will show us something. After all, it can't POSSIBLY be worse than watching WILSON playing FS, where he's the "over-the-top" cover S, and is getting there too late or not at all...as usual.

Explain to me how we will do this. Cause apparently 14 other teams couldn't. Johnson will have a big day on us but we can still win this game

Shorter Translation: Not everyone is a blind homer.

No, some are just blind, angry, and are not happy unless they complaining, or attacking someone that believes in the team they say they root for.

Besides my translation was more accurate, but thanks for playing. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom