Houston we have a problem | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Houston we have a problem

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=HOU

Houston hasn't beaten a team that beat us with the exception of the Titans when they were in the middle of going 0-6.

1 mediocre QB and 1 great receiver do not equal a dominating team.

Maybe you can go be their fan instead of polluting this board with your garbage posts. Seriously, you hate on the fins more than just about anyone on this board.

Did you watch us make Vince Young look like Tom Brady Sunday?
Did you see the 4th down catch he made against us last year?
Are you a Auburn fan?

Did any of you #1 fanboys even read the thread title when you clicked on it? Or the OP's post?

Miami's lackluster pass defense is about to face one of the top passing offenses and mismatches at WR that the NFL has seen in many, many years...

What anybody "hopes" for has nothing to do with what's going to transpire on Sunday...

We're all here to post our opinions.....I gave mine....

Some posters are jersey wearing, pom-pom waving chearleader types....if that's your thing go for it...

I'm not.....whatever happens is going to happen...I just call it how I see it.....feel free to disagree.....just spare me the fanboy garbage and provide something football related as to why you disagree...

I guess I misinterpreted your posts. You aren't cynical, you just don't root for the Miami Dolphins ("hope" being a rather essential part of "root" irregardless of the its efficacy on the field). Obviously that should not be a requirement for posting here of course.

Still, your accusation that people did not read the OP's post is ironic as it is quite clear that you didn't fully read the OP's post either. He used words like "worry" and "trouble" and constantly refered to "our" team. He even said "hopefully". The OP clearly has hopes for this game but has too many reasons to fear they will be dashed, that is loud and clear from his post. Therefore, someone saying he hopes you are wrong is in no way out of touch with the point of this thread and your claim that they didn't read it when they spoke about hope if flatly mistaken.

If your goal here is to truly talk about what you see on the field without that "garbage" getting in the way you are going about it stupidly. Making a statement on a site of fans claiming that an opposing QB will break the single game passing record by half time is unneccessary hyperbole (unless you truly believe Schaub will throw for 554+ yards before halftime) and was obviously going to rile up "fanboys" with their dreaded "garbage". If you didn't intend that, which is the only rational underpinning of the demand that people "spare you" the aforementioned refuse, you need to change your posting strategy and recognize a few basic errors in judgment.

It was illogical to expect people to be neutral when you clicked to log in to a forum whose root menu starts with the phrase 'Miami Dolphins Fans' and moreover open a thread clearly written by a fan. You also make a mistake when you assume we are "all here to post our opinions" but limit its scope to things football related and not things dolphin fan related.

If it is truly your goal to talk about football related matters, as opposed to cynicism (which I defended) or just being a douche (which is funny but still douchey), than you should either a) tone down the blatant negative hyperbole or b) find a forum where there are more general students of the game who aren't emotionally attached to a team.

That being said, Johnson will probably have a big game although I hope you and I are wrong about that.

Schaub and Johnson should have big days, but so will Ricky against a weak Texans' run defense. The Dolphins will get their share of points, it's not going to be a blowout for either team. If Ricky and Chad can avoid turning the ball over then the Dolphins could put up at least 30 points on the Texans. It's going to come down to can the Dolphins Defense hold the Texans to under 30.

screw matt shaub, he screwed me out my fantasy playoffs and now the dolphins screw him out of his playoffs!!!!!! just winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Why? Slimm Jr is correct.

Houston always beats us and look for Andre Johnson to have about 10 or so receptions for 150+ yards and a couple of TDs. Does he ever not against us? They won't fear us in the least, just watch.

Yeah, but they've beaten a different secondary. They've not face Vontae Davis, Steve Smith and Cameron Wake...Gibril Wilson sucks, but he isn't any worse than Hill. well, let me take that back. Hill was better :lol: :oops:

I guess I misinterpreted your posts. You aren't cynical, you just don't root for the Miami Dolphins ("hope" being a rather essential part of "root" irregardless of the its efficacy on the field). Obviously that should not be a requirement for posting here of course.

Still, your accusation that people did not read the OP's post is ironic as it is quite clear that you didn't fully read the OP's post either. He used words like "worry" and "trouble" and constantly refered to "our" team. He even said "hopefully". The OP clearly has hopes for this game but has too many reasons to fear they will be dashed, that is loud and clear from his post. Therefore, someone saying he hopes you are wrong is in no way out of touch with the point of this thread and your claim that they didn't read it when they spoke about hope if flatly mistaken.

If your goal here is to truly talk about what you see on the field without that "garbage" getting in the way you are going about it stupidly. Making a statement on a site of fans claiming that an opposing QB will break the single game passing record by half time is unneccessary hyperbole (unless you truly believe Schaub will throw for 554+ yards before halftime) and was obviously going to rile up "fanboys" with their dreaded "garbage". If you didn't intend that, which is the only rational underpinning of the demand that people "spare you" the aforementioned refuse, you need to change your posting strategy and recognize a few basic errors in judgment.

It was illogical to expect people to be neutral when you clicked to log in to a forum whose root menu starts with the phrase 'Miami Dolphins Fans' and moreover open a thread clearly written by a fan. You also make a mistake when you assume we are "all here to post our opinions" but limit its scope to things football related and not things dolphin fan related.

If it is truly your goal to talk about football related matters, as opposed to cynicism (which I defended) or just being a douche (which is funny but still douchey), than you should either a) tone down the blatant negative hyperbole or b) find a forum where there are more general students of the game who aren't emotionally attached to a team.

That being said, Johnson will probably have a big game although I hope you and I are wrong about that.

Were you going for the Pulitzer Prize with this one? :lol: (that was cynical)

Of course I get a kick out of making a few posts here and there to get the fanboys like yourself a little stirred up....it's one of the few things I can find humor in around here besides paying my respects in the John Beck Memorial Thread...

Maybe some FANS feel like these forums are a place to prove to other FANS who the most FANNIEST FAN with the most FANHOOD in all of FIN FAN LAND is.....trust me....you'll be right at home here at FINHEAVEN and mingle quite well...

So just ROOT...ROOT..ROOT your little Dolphin socks off if that's what you enjoy....

Personally, I have my own way of talking football.....if you don't approve of it or my posting style....the little red "X" in the upper right hand portion of your screen will teleport you away from it....but I wouldn't be relying on me to feel like I have to prove my FANHOOD to you around here if I were you...

**THIS JUST IN**

Miami just gave up another touchdown pass to Justin Gage :lol:

Frankly, SCHAUB isn't that good. Not bad, but not a top 10 QB, either. The whole league now knows how to beat a great passing team: N.O. showed us how when they beat NE. You simply determine who their biggest receiving threat REALLY is, and take him out w/a double-team. The SAINTS determined that it was WELKER, and not MOSS. I/m/o, they were 100% right. As to HOUSTON, we KNOW who the big threat is. So play the "nickel" all game, and put the game-long double-team on their top WR. Don't worry about their running game, which has already been ruined by injury. Pressure SCHAUB, and see if they have any other QB/WR combo who can carry the team on their back w/o a real running game. I don't think HOUSTON has another such combo that can do it.

And bench WILSON, and let him give BELL a quick rest every now and then. They're both solid as SSs, but both absolutely stink as a FS. Maybe CULVER or CLEMMONS will show us something. After all, it can't POSSIBLY be worse than watching WILSON playing FS, where he's the "over-the-top" cover S, and is getting there too late or not at all...as usual.

Frankly, SCHAUB isn't that good. Not bad, but not a top 10 QB, either. The whole league now knows how to beat a great passing team: N.O. showed us how when they beat NE. You simply determine who their biggest receiving threat REALLY is, and take him out w/a double-team. The SAINTS determined that it was WELKER, and not MOSS. I/m/o, they were 100% right. As to HOUSTON, we KNOW who the big threat is. So play the "nickel" all game, and put the game-long double-team on their top WR. Don't worry about their running game, which has already been ruined by injury. Pressure SCHAUB, and see if they have any other QB/WR combo who can carry the team on their back w/o a real running game. I don't think HOUSTON has another such combo that can do it.

And bench WILSON, and let him give BELL a quick rest every now and then. They're both solid as SSs, but both absolutely stink as a FS. Maybe CULVER or CLEMMONS will show us something. After all, it can't POSSIBLY be worse than watching WILSON playing FS, where he's the "over-the-top" cover S, and is getting there too late or not at all...as usual.

A serious off-base post. Schaub isn't that good? The guy is close to a 100 QB rating with 4100 passing yards and a boatload of TD's. If Henne had these stats you'd be calling him god. Give me a break.

I've followed Schaub all season long (fantasy fb QB) and this guy is the real deal. The offense will need to score 35 because Schaub is going to play [spurrier]a little pitch and catch out there[/spurrier]

A serious off-base post. Schaub isn't that good? The guy is close to a 100 QB rating with 4100 passing yards and a boatload of TD's. If Henne had these stats you'd be calling him god. Give me a break.

I've followed Schaub all season long (fantasy fb QB) and this guy is the real deal. The offense will need to score 35 because Schaub is going to play [spurrier]a little pitch and catch out there[/spurrier]

Not as off base as you think though. Andre Johnson was good long before schaub arrived in Houston. Johnson is the reason David Carr still had his job. I like to think Good QB's make their receivers stand out more. Manning is a perfect example. Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Garcon, even Austin collie has a few Td's. Those are all recognizable names because of how mannning made them better. Johnson makes Schaub look really good, when all he really is is a game manager. That's why their 7-7 like us.

I honestly can't name the other receiver for Houston. If we can eliminate the deep threat by some chance, Schaub won't have as big a game like he has in the past.

Texans wins come from teams like Raiders, Bills, Rams, Titans with Collins etc.. should be an easy game compared to most of the teams we've faced this year. Steelers game is going to be the tough one especially if we're both vying for a playoff spot.

Fortunately our last 2 games are home games and Steelers are 2-5 on the road.

Prediction: Andre Johnson 165 2 tds.....Shaub 2tds 1 int 300 yds......Fins still find a way to get it done.....Johnson will destroy the secondary tho, and not seeing that is ignorance not being a good fan. Hes the best Wr we have faced all year....Easy

Houston's passing is a Shaub/Johnson combo, and the teams that beat us bad in the passing game were teams with multiple threats. They have no rushing game or OL, and a lot of their yards come late in the game. We have been pretty stout in the 4th quarter lately, and I feel comfortable that we can contain Johnson.

Did any of you #1 fanboys even read the thread title when you clicked on it? Or the OP's post?

Miami's lackluster pass defense is about to face one of the top passing offenses and mismatches at WR that the NFL has seen in many, many years...

What anybody "hopes" for has nothing to do with what's going to transpire on Sunday...

We're all here to post our opinions.....I gave mine....

Some posters are jersey wearing, pom-pom waving chearleader types....if that's your thing go for it...

I'm not.....whatever happens is going to happen...I just call it how I see it.....feel free to disagree.....just spare me the fanboy garbage and provide something football related as to why you disagree...

and you still have green dots on your avatar, that wont last long if you keep telling the truth.

I like your honesty TedSlimmjr.

the reason i think we will lose the next two games is we havent beaten Houston since they became the Texans and the steelers fellow fin fans have two things going for them. (1) the best tightend in the nfl.
(2) a deffense that is getting healthy not a good recipe for our sucess .

Back
Top Bottom