How are we gonna rush the passer? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How are we gonna rush the passer?

Phillips and Chubb will NOT be there week 1, ppl are delirious.

McD just said how cautious they are going to be with them and how they will "protect them from themselves".
You can interpret that in many ways. Protecting them from themselves could mean not playing them in preseason games or limiting reps in training camp. I'.m going to wait until August before I start saying who might or might not be available in September.

We will rush them with our players and our schemes. How else do you expect them to do it lol

I remember when Shula teams would run a 2-7-2 every so often due to injuries. Always good to have a backup plan.
Shula’s best defenses were when Arnsparger was his DC and Arnsparger was one of the best at creating defenses that played to the strengths of the players he had available for each game.

Weaver might end up being a solid DC eventually but other than Belicheck, Arnsparger is the best DC I have ever seen.

You can interpret that in many ways. Protecting them from themselves could mean not playing them in preseason games or limiting reps in training camp. I'.m going to wait until August before I start saying who might or might not be available in September.
I agree, we need to wait and see, but going by McDaniel's track record after making statements like that, I'm inclined to believe we wont see those guys until after the Bye.

Anyone thinking both Phillips and Chubb were going to be completely healthy and ready for week one, are fools. It would take a miracle. The question is, Can Robinson, Kamara and any other rookie or young vet step up. That's a big ask.

"fools" is a little strong although you did say "and." I don't think anyone honestly expects Chubb back game 1. Maybe Phillips, but I'm pessimistic. I expect more blitz packages early in the season. Fewer when Chubb/Phillips return and are playing to form.

Well, I know its not Robinsons fault and unfair to him.

However, if our pass protection struggles to start the season, that pick will be be highly critiscized if he's not productive.

He doesn't need that pressure.

Robinson can make posters like myself forget about Morgan/ Barton with a very disruptive game against Buffalo week 2 leading to a win
He was drafted in the first round, the pressure comes with the territory. He needs to see those injuries for what they are - his chance to prove himself. If he doesn't impress people are going to be pissed. Is it rough, yeah but he's also getting paid enough over his rookie contract for a normal person to retire comfortably and never work again. That's why I rarely feel bad for pro athletes.

Phillips and Chubb will NOT be there week 1, ppl are delirious.

McD just said how cautious they are going to be with them and how they will "protect them from themselves".
Based on how McDaniel handled injured players last year we will be lucky if they play at all this season.

I'm telling you I got a feeling we won't be disappointed in the new guys. Also the loss of Wilkins will be mitigated quite well and you won't notice much if any drop off. But go ahead and freak out if you want 😂

FWIW we were 2nd in the league in QB pressure rate. However when we didn't get pressure our pass defense DVOA was next to last in the league. Make of it what you will - we have a new DC and lots of new players.

Hoping for some production from Grayson Murphy. So seldom do you get good testing numbers AND lead the nation production from a UDFA. Obviously must have some flaws to fall out of draft - run defense sucks - but still...
can you talk more about Murphy and his numbers?

The thing about Chops game is he doesn’t need to have refined technique to win, and what I mean by that is I’d rather have the foundation that kid has and teach him from that starting point.

Chop has three critical traits

Power, speed, instincts..

Back
Top Bottom