How are we gonna rush the passer? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How are we gonna rush the passer?

We shall see. I could be wrong, but I think that if you have a knee, leg or foot injury that has you limping in May does't mean you can't be healthy in September. Especually not knowing what's going on in his rehab. For example if the injury is healing, but Phillips has swelling or discomfort due to the rehab, that kind of issue can work itself out. One week it's noticable. The next week not so much and a week later not at all. We still have 100 days before the season openner. If the medical staff says the injury is healing or healed and we're just in the process of building back up muscle or suffering from swelling or stiffness taht's different that structional issues causing a limp.
If they are back and 100% by the bye… I’d be good. More than 2/3s of the season left.

I'm thinking Harris, Tart and Sieler. Tart is much closer to being a good starting nose tackle than Jones in my book.
I like Jones's 335 pound frame. Michael Pierce is 355. Tart is 304. Nobody else on our DL depth chart makes 320 even after New Year's dinner.

Jones played 27% the Lions defensive snaps in 2022 and 51% in 2023. He won a couple of playoff games as a starter just last year.

Tart played on 30% the Titans snaps in 2023 and 2.4% the Texans'. Albeit he did play more for the Titans in 2022 with 44%.

I actually really like them as a 1-2 punch type of tandem. Jones can man all 1st downs and short yardage, Tart can take 3rd downs and passing situations.

I like Jones's 335 pound frame. Michael Pierce is 355. Tart is 304. Nobody else on our DL depth chart makes 320 even after New Year's dinner.

Jones played 27% the Lions defensive snaps in 2022 and 51% in 2023. He won a couple of playoff games as a starter just last year.

Tart played on 30% the Titans snaps in 2023 and 2.4% the Texans'. Albeit he did play more for the Titans in 2022 with 44%.

I actually really like them as a 1-2 punch type of tandem. Jones can man all 1st downs and short yardage, Tart can take 3rd downs and passing situations.
MIchael Pierce??? Is he on the roster?

Tart doesn't weigh as much as Benito Jones, but I think he's a solid starting nose.

I believe Miami is going to be okay to start the season; I believe Chubb will be ready for week 1, with Phillips on IR.

A rotation of Chubb, Chop, Shaq and Mo et al isn’t awful to start the year. Also, if the new DC’s scheme is like Baltimore’s, they’ll blitz a lot more than we saw last year.

I believe Miami is going to be okay to start the season; I believe Chubb will be ready for week 1, with Phillips on IR.

A rotation of Chubb, Chop, Shaq and Mo et al isn’t awful to start the year. Also, if the new DC’s scheme is like Baltimore’s, they’ll blitz a lot more than we saw last year.
If you say this bit "Chubb, Chop, Shaq and Mo et al" fast three times you might win a Cheeseburger. 😉

You can interpret that in many ways. Protecting them from themselves could mean not playing them in preseason games or limiting reps in training camp. I'.m going to wait until August before I start saying who might or might not be available in September.
You do that.

Based on how McDaniel handled injured players last year we will be lucky if they play at all this season.
Exactly.

But those can live in lala land err "reserve judgment" until August...

I think there will be better depth this season, especially once everyone is healthy--which means a fresher pass rush throughout each game and I suspect just as much productivity as last season when it is all said and done. Weaver is the wildcard but i expect him to help us bring the scoring defense ranking more in line with the yards against measure the Dolphins did well with. I would also add that better coverage from the LBs will help generate more pressure all other things being equal. This should be an improved defense.

This team will get more "schemed" pressures and sacks than Fangio's defense. I expect to see more stunts and twists up front and more blitzing from the linebackers and secondary. I'm fairly confident that Weaver will find a way to apply pressure. Fangio played a more straight up defense without many wrinkles. I really wasn't a big fan.
While this may be true, didn’t we set a record last year for team sacks or did I dream that?

Back
Top Bottom