How are we gonna rush the passer? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How are we gonna rush the passer?

He will also be going up against NFL players instead of the patchwork array of talent he faced in college.

If he had more production against college players Id share your faith, but as it stands, im not expecting much.
This. I don’t know why we take project guys in the first round so often. Sigh.

This. I don’t know why we take project guys in the first round so often. Sigh.
A lot of smart analysts have his comp to Danielle Hunter. College stats don't always tell the story, not to mention his pressure rate was really high. Maybe give the guy a few snaps before calling him a project. Plus I think Kamara is slept on too much bc of his height. Maybe I'm being an optimist but I think these 2 will surprise and cement their places in the rotation once JP and Chubb are healthy

I think Chubb and JP won’t be ready and will take time to return to form when they do start playing. But I think our defense and pass rush will be solid. We will blitz more and be far more adaptive during games. We might not have the sack numbers as much, but I anticipate a more physical and solid “lunch pale” defense.

He will also be going up against NFL players instead of the patchwork array of talent he faced in college.

If he had more production against college players Id share your faith, but as it stands, im not expecting much.
Did you watch any of the games from college or are you just going by what you have been hearing about his "production"? Because if you watched the way he actually affected games, you would be a lot less worried about his "production". Influencing the way the QB and an offense is operating is production even if it doesn't always show up in the stat line.

I think it will be the whole defense as it won't just be certain players. I think Coach Weaver will bring many looks. Also listening to Moving the Chains, Pat Kirwan hears very good things about our new DC and that his name is mentioned often and according to Pat will be a HC in the future. :ffic:

Did you watch any of the games from college or are you just going by what you have been hearing about his "production"? Because if you watched the way he actually affected games, you would be a lot less worried about his "production". Influencing the way the QB and an offense is operating is production even if it doesn't always show up in the stat line.
Are you really asking me this man?

C'mon.

You can interpret that in many ways. Protecting them from themselves could mean not playing them in preseason games or limiting reps in training camp. I'.m going to wait until August before I start saying who might or might not be available in September.
I agree with this. Way too early for any definite availability and we may see them playing, but limited action and work back into the lineup slowly.

Are you really asking me this man?

C'mon.
Yeah, I am because if you are doubting his ability to be productive based on his stats, I have a hard time believing you watched a lot. There were so many times he affected plays that didn’t register as any kind of stat. He had a ton of hurries that led to incompletions, throw aways, and even interceptions. None of those things show up in any tangible stats.

Back
Top Bottom