How Disappointed Would You Be If... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Disappointed Would You Be If...

How Disappointed Are You

Votes: 9 15.3%

Votes: 4 6.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 7 11.9%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 3 5.1%

Votes: 24 40.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can insert any player you want not named in the OP. The point is more of are you more disappointed that Miami didn't take any of those players mentioned.
Me personally? No, because I'm not a believer in "can't miss" players.

I don't believe our FO, scouting dept., Flo are just reading press clippings and throwing darts. I'm comfortable that they have a viable plan. If that plan fails, I'll be the first to admonish. It seems like many want to bitch and complain before we see the results.

The premise in the OP, while not impossible, is highly unlikely, unless we get an unforseen trade offer from a team out of the top 15, that returns some huge cache of draft picks.

In that event, I wouldn't complain.

Like I said, without knowing the specifics, how could you possibly assign a rational value to the poll?

It's like trying to solve an algebra equation, without enough information.

Happy because then it means we woke and smelled the coffee and dumped Tua for Fields or Wilson.

Because Wilson's body of work is so much better than Tua's?

I'm not saying ZW will be craptastic like John Beck but he definitely benefitted from Byu's 2020 pandemic schedule.

Me personally? No, because I'm not a believer in "can't miss" players.

I don't believe our FO, scouting dept., Flo are just reading press clippings and throwing darts. I'm comfortable that they have a viable plan. If that plan fails, I'll be the first to admonish. It seems like many want to bitch and complain before we see the results.

The premise in the OP, while not impossible, is highly unlikely, unless we get an unforseen trade offer from a team out of the top 15, that returns some huge cache of draft picks.

In that event, I wouldn't complain.

Like I said, without knowing the specifics, how could you possibly assign a rational value to the poll?

It's like trying to solve an algebra equation, without enough information.
Me personally I would be disappointed...probably a 4 because although they picked up extra picks yet again, at some point you need to start turning these picks into studs.

I want one of the top 3 WR’s no matter where they end up picking in round one. As long as they end up with Smith, Chase, or Waddle I don’t care who they use their other first round pick on. As long as that other pick is a first round caliber selection and not a huge reach like Iggy was last year.

Because Wilson's body of work is so much better than Tua's?

I'm not saying ZW will be craptastic like John Beck but he definitely benefitted from Byu's 2020 pandemic schedule.
BYU played a crap schedule last year when Wilson put up those great stats. You could have put the majority of the college QB’s on BYU last year and they would have had similar stats to Wilson in the BYU offense against the lousy schedule they played. As far as Fields is concerned.Ohio State has produced exactly zero QB‘s who have come into the NFL and been any good.

I hope the Jets pick either Wilson or Fields because that will ensure they remain a non-factor in the AFC East for the foreseeable future. They would be better off taking a WR or Sewell and sticking with Darnold over taking either Wilson or Fields.

Hard to say. It really depends what Miami ends up with, extra picks for 2022 etc. Have to look at the whole picture.

I've done mocks where I've traded down to #8 and Smith, Chase and Waddle were gone. Pitts and Parsons were the only elite talent left IMO.

Me personally I would be disappointed...probably a 4 because although they picked up extra picks yet again, at some point you need to start turning these picks into studs.
I understand that view, but I would point out that you are assuming that the player you want is a stud, and the player we actually pick isn't. You can point to the debacles of Dolphins past if you like, but this iteration hasn't made any real moves to attain skills yet, as that was not tge planned "order of battle".

TBH, I'm not sold on any of the three "top" reciever prospects as "studs". If history is any indication, and it usually is, one of the three will be a good solid starter. One will be MEH average, and one will be bustville.

The fact that two of the three are less than prototypical physically gives me even more reservations.

This goes right back to last year's QB debates. Anyone with eyes could see Tua wasn't the prototype QB, but then ppl acted surprised that he wasn't Justin Herbert. That's in no way a dig at Tua, but don't expect a physical monster player, when the player isnt that.

Neither Smith, nor Waddle are prototype "stud" specimens. They both may be good players, and do have some good attributes. Not go all in type attributes, IMO. They are probably both more suited to a primarily slot role.

Oddly enough, having said all that, the one most likely to bust is Chase, the one who is actually the most prototypical.

The home run here, if the Fins are serious about getting at the top of point scoring, is getting out of the 1st with 2 of Smith-Waddle-Pitts-Chase. Not only will you have more than enough skill to really put pressure on opposing defenses, you'll have your QB, half of your OL and your top receiving options under rookie contracts for at least another 3 years.

That really gives you alot of flexibility to really build a solid(SOLID) team around that group. It doesnt open a championship window, it opens a ****ing Garage door!

It's tough to answer b/c it would depend on who/what we got. Reality is that more than anything we need some premium offensive talent. We have some options that are a perfect marriage of need and availability. That doesn't always happen and I would feel like we squandered an opportunity. But if we got future first round pick(s) then I could at least hope that we may land some premium offensive talent next year. I like Waddle for this offense, less than Smith, but any other year I'd be thrilled with a Waddle. There are other RBs I like as much or more than Harris so if we got one of them I wouldn't be too disappointed. If we filled the RB need and slot need on day 2 then that would mitigate my disappointment especially if we added some more ammo for next draft.

We need playmakers. We have a ton of average guys and system fits. Plus a lot of beef on both sides of the ball that is young and needs to be developed. No corn fed this draft. No trading back so we wind up w more reaches, potential “solid” ceiling guys and other players who are not needle movers we have liked to accumulate the last 20 years. If the FO doesn’t see this I won’t get it. Fortunately, I suspect they do see it and will pick enough playmaking talent vs trying to pack more JAGs into the roster.

The home run here, if the Fins are serious about getting at the top of point scoring, is getting out of the 1st with 2 of Smith-Waddle-Pitts-Chase. Not only will you have more than enough skill to really put pressure on opposing defenses, you'll have your QB, half of your OL and your top receiving options under rookie contracts for at least another 3 years.

That really gives you alot of flexibility to really build a solid(SOLID) team around that group. It doesnt open a championship window, it opens a ****ing Garage door!
That would be an exciting scenario. I think Miami could achieve that, even with a trade down from #3 to maybe #6. Picking up an addition #2 would help the team climb back up.

But it would obviously require the Dolphins trading up from #18, potentially back into the top 10.

That would be an exciting scenario. I think Miami could achieve that, even with a trade down from #3 to maybe #6. Picking up an addition #2 would help the team climb back up.

But it would obviously require the Dolphins trading up from #18, potentially back into the top 10.
@j-off-her-doll made a good point about trading down then trading back up... You'll get alot of value for trading down while a QB is still there, and the cost of moving up will come down drastically once there arent any QB remaining. There's a good chance you're still ahead after a trade down + trade back up later on.

@j-off-her-doll made a good point about trading down then trading back up... You'll get alot of value for trading down while a QB is still there, and the cost of moving up will come down drastically once there arent any QB remaining. There's a good chance you're still ahead after a trade down + trade back up later on.
J-off-her-doll is probably right. I could see Miami picking up a high #2 in 2021 and a #1 in 2022 in a slight trade down.

Not sure what it would take to get from #18 to the top 10. But if it was #18, #36 and #81, Miami would still have two #2's in that scenario.

I want one of the top 3 WR’s no matter where they end up picking in round one. As long as they end up with Smith, Chase, or Waddle I don’t care who they use their other first round pick on. As long as that other pick is a first round caliber selection and not a huge reach like Iggy was last year.
Soooooo....... You don't care, as long as it meets your approval?

Yeah me too........lol

Just kidding. I get the point.

Back
Top Bottom