How do you not like tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you not like tannehill

Watch the 2nd half of the Texas game. He has holes in his game. But it is what it is.

Watch the 2nd half of the Texas game. He has holes in his game. But it is what it is.

ya know every QB has their downsides .. all i know is outta the two coaches we have .. both this offseason had QBs(tannehill & flynn) that were ready to make the move to the dolphins and they only trusted him to give first round money to .. did we pick him too high maybe .. but their has to be a reason that SEATTLE wanted to pick him even after they already had flynn

ya know every QB has their downsides .. all i know is outta the two coaches we have .. both this offseason had QBs(tannehill & flynn) that were ready to make the move to the dolphins and they only trusted him to give first round money to .. did we pick him too high maybe .. but their has to be a reason that SEATTLE wanted to pick him even after they already had flynn

You Tanny fan boys keep on pushing your theories. He is what he is, a project/developmental player who was picked in the TOP 10.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

And SEA is the last place you want to use to make your point. Pete Carrol is in over his head there.

When your defense gives up upwards of 40 ppg, then you have to do everything you can to win the game, which means throw untimely picks.

When your defense gives up upwards of 40 ppg, then you have to do everything you can to win the game, which means throw untimely picks.

and it begins, one day after this kid is drafted - it begins. tanny fan boys EVERYWHERE.

face it - the kid did not play well against elite competition. He stares down recievers and i've seen him make some "WTF?" throws too. Im not saying that means he "sucks" but in college, you play a ton of patsy teams, and i dont mean New England. Teams that are not on your level. when it came time to play solid defenses he really dropped the ball alot. even his 2010 LSU game you can find it on Youtube - he makes some great throws but then makes some HORRIBLE throws for INTS.

what does this mean? - it means he has raw talent and the coaches like his potential - but he has to develop and learn and hone his skills. i believe we have the staff that can do that - let them take their time and do it before we crown tanney or bash him. dolfandubz said it best - hes a developmental qb taken in the top 10 .

How many of his losses to top 40 defeneses were they ahead until the second half, and then the aggie defense failed?

For example. Against OSU the pokes scored 27points in the 2nd half after being held to 3 in the first. The defense failed. Ya he had 3 picks in that game, but watching the film, only one of those was a bad decision on tannehills part. The others were due to receivers inability to catch or run correct routes.

Against Arkansas, The defense held the razorbacks to 17pts in the first half and gave up 25 in the 2nd
This was also a bad game for tannehill, 1INT 0TD's

Against Mizzou the tigers were able to score 17 in the first half and then 21 in the 2nd half
tannehill had 3td's 1 int

Oklahoma was a really bad game for tannehill, but the defense that held OU to 13pts in the first half gave up 28 in the 2nd.

KSU was a good game for Tannehill 3TD's 1 INT but the defense could not get a stop in the 4th quarter or 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th OT

My point is he isnt perfect by any means, He isnt as good as Luck or RG3, however if he had a defense worth anything in the 2nd half, they probably lose to OU, OSU, and maybe Arky. Then what would people be saying about Tannehill?

1. Small sample size (19 starts).

2. Choked hard in the big games.

3. Struggled against Big 12 Defenses (Considered worst defensive conference)

4. Drafted in Top 10 but not able too start day 1.

5. Stats look good but are inflated by being in a pass heavy offense.

6. Against LSU, the only legit defense he really ever faced.He really SUCKED.

7. 1-5 against top 25 this year.

8. Lost double digit leads multiple times.

if look at those games how many of them did he put his team in the lead and a handful of them where a nice lead. the D game up just about every one of those games.

1. Small sample size (19 starts).

2. Choked hard in the big games.

3. Struggled against Big 12 Defenses (Considered worst defensive conference)

4. Drafted in Top 10 but not able too start day 1.

5. Stats look good but are inflated by being in a pass heavy offense.

6. Against LSU, the only legit defense he really ever faced.He really SUCKED.

7. 1-5 against top 25 this year.

8. Lost double digit leads multiple times.

not sure, but i believe Tannhill is not the only player the Texas A&M roster.....i think he did play on a TEAM, i know he played WR but didnt know he played O-Line, RB, and every position on defense

if look at those games how many of them did he put his team in the lead and a handful of them where a nice lead. the D game up just about every one of those games.

Yea I agree with this. Their pass D was like one of the worst 3 D's in D1-A. Also, if I recall correctly, in the Texas game that they lost he did drive down the field and give his team the lead with like 2 mins left, then the D gave up the game winning FG.

Back
Top Bottom