How do you not like tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you not like tannehill

Watch the Baylor game and him whipping RG3

Goto the KST, OKST, ARK and OK game and watch him being picked....alot.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Ok, now you fail to make sense with this nonsense.

Is Luck a project/developmental player? Is Clairborne a project/developmental player? Is Richardson a project/developmental player?

You Tanny fan boys keep on pushing your theories. He is what he is, a project/developmental player who was picked in the TOP 10.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

And SEA is the last place you want to use to make your point. Pete Carrol is in over his head there.

Maybe so, but widely viewed as a top 20 pick this draft.

A reach,, perhaps.. but it fills the need and we got the 3rd best QB in the draft. I am totally fine with letting him sit 1 maybe even 2 years.

Didn't seem to hurt A.Rogers at all.

The difference? Rogers sat and won a superbowl, Sanchez started and has shaky confidence.

I'll always want my rookie QB to sit for at least a year, maybe 2.

A reach,, perhaps.. but it fills the need and we got the 3rd best QB in the draft. I am totally fine with letting him sit 1 maybe even 2 years.

The difference? Rogers sat and won a superbowl, Sanchez started and has shaky confidence.

Flacco and Ryan have started and led their teams to multiple playoff appearances. And the Sanchez comparision is about right, seeing as neither had extensive exposure at the D1 level playing QB.

I agree on the Sanchez part, but one thing Tanny and Sanchez have in common is the fact they they both didnt have many starts in college. I really think that hurt Mark in his pro career. Not sure if its going to hurt Tanny, but it could play a big part in it if he starts right away.

1. Small sample size (19 starts).

2. Choked hard in the big games.

3. Struggled against Big 12 Defenses (Considered worst defensive conference)

4. Drafted in Top 10 but not able too start day 1.

5. Stats look good but are inflated by being in a pass heavy offense.

6. Against LSU, the only legit defense he really ever faced.He really SUCKED.

7. 1-5 against top 25 this year.

8. Lost double digit leads multiple times.

--------------------------------

I like that they picked Tannehill...

And I think if I hear about him only starting 19 games as a QB again I am going to scream!!!

Look at Cam Newton's stats from college......he only started 14 games, all with Auburn!!!!
he played in another 6 with Florida (no starts) he might have had some starts with the jr college
he played for but......

AND HE WAS PICKED #1 OVERALL!!!!!

so he had 5 less starts than Tannehill.... so people need to stop talking about his small sample of work....

MOOT point? Go back and see what I was responding too. Damn, follow the convo.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Did you not see what I was responding too? Follow the convo.

Yes...I am following the convo and again it fails to make sense. How does believing a top 5 pick is ready to go or not make you a Tanny "fanboy"??? Oh, and because I think Tannehill could be a very good QB for us makes me some kind of "fanboy"? Yeah, that makes sense too. I guess we should all have the same opinions as you because you are ALWAYS right! Please! :rolleyes2:

I'm excited to see how the kid performs as a Pro. Let's go Dolphins.

Yes...I am following the convo and again it fails to make sense. How does believing a top 5 pick is ready to go or not make you a Tanny "fanboy"??? Oh, and because I think Tannehill could be a very good QB for us makes me some kind of "fanboy"? Yeah, that makes sense too. I guess we should all have the same opinions as you because you are ALWAYS right! Please! :rolleyes2:

If you don't understand the point I was making, then I can do nothing for you. But I don't think I'm always right. But I know enough after watching Tannehill to know he a project/developmental QB, who will need to sit 1 to 2 years. I know that in this draft MIA could have taken a player who could step right in and start day 1 if they so choose to go that route. But they didn't. And now this HC and GM are hitching their wagons to this player.

And the 'fanboy' reference are to those who are making every excuse in the book as to why he sucked his SR year at TAM. The 'fanboy' reference is for those who think he is something he isn't. He is a developmental/project player.

Now I will let you and your high horse gallop away.:3w:
:3w:

EVERY rookie is a project/developmental player.

And since Cali you were following the convo. Is Luck, Claiborne or Richardson a project/develop. player? If you think as the above poster does, then that is where you and I differ.

Sanchez just went to 2 AFC Championship games his first 2 seasons and I believe has one of the best playoff records of all time, great point there.

Rodgers sat yes, but they had a pretty decent QB on the roster already....

What about the Mannings, Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway or maybe you've heard of this guy: DAN MARINO?

Is it your contention that Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers could have been "ruined" if they started from day one, I don't believe it. Or maybe you think Ryan Leaf or Tim Couch could have been all pros had they sat for a year or two. Again, I don't think so.

There is almost no upside in sitting a rookie QB.

And even if I'm wrong about all that I would still bet money Tannehill starts this year. Ross wants fans in the seats. Ireland and even Philbin by association are on a shortened life span for the Dolphins and they aren't going to sit idley by while Moore flushes their careers down the toilets.

Goto the KST, OKST, ARK and OK game and watch him being picked....alot.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Is Luck a project/developmental player? Is Clairborne a project/developmental player? Is Richardson a project/developmental player?

yes .. all those players SHOULD be developmental players .. but unlike miami they don't have a guy who can carry the load until they be ready to play which will hinder their actual talent .. for every CAM NEWTON there is a Jamarcus Russel, every Rothlesburger a Ryan Leaf .. its up to the coaches to make these guys better .. if a player falls its just as much of the coach as it is the player .. i trust this staff

yes .. all those players SHOULD be developmental players .. but unlike miami they don't have a guy who can carry the load until they be ready to play which will hinder their actual talent .. for every CAM NEWTON there is a Jamarcus Russel, every Rothlesburger a Ryan Leaf .. its up to the coaches to make these guys better .. if a player falls its just as much of the coach as it is the player .. i trust this staff

You're just reaching now. You think Jake Long should have sat for a season?

Then you and I will never agree on anything concerning football and players. None of the players taken from 1-7 were or are developmental players. Period. They will step in and start day 1. Their skill sets demand it. Their production demands it. Their draft selection status, demands it.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

You're just reaching now. You think Jake Long should have sat for a season?

Too much common sense for some here.

Then you and I will never agree on anything concerning football and players. None of the players taken from 1-7 were or are developmental players. Period. They will step in and start day 1. Their skill sets demand it. Their production demands it. Their draft selection status, demands it.

If Luck had gone to somewhere with an established QB he would have sat for at least half the season. Just saying. Some guys can't come straight in and play no matter there draft status. WR's DL and RB's can be expected to step in and play immediately I think. But it takes a truly special QB to come in and play right away. Cam Newton, Sam Bradford and the like, they are all rarity's that had to play immediately. They had no option.

We have an option.

how do you even compare a lineman to a guy who is the field general of a football team .. thats a reach of a comparison

Back
Top Bottom