How do you not like tannehill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you not like tannehill

If Luck had gone to somewhere with an established QB he would have sat for at least half the season. Just saying. Some guys can't come straight in and play no matter there draft status. WR's DL and RB's can be expected to step in and play immediately I think. But it takes a truly special QB to come in and play right away. Cam Newton, Sam Bradford and the like, they are all rarity's that had to play immediately. They had no option.

We have an option.

I thought he went to a team with one of the best QBs of all time? What happened is they released that guy just so that he could start day one. You're theory is dead wrong and we actually have the proof.

I thought he went to a team with one of the best QBs of all time? What happened is they released that guy just so that he could start day one. You're theory is dead wrong and we actually have the proof.

It makes more sense when you see that the guy who was released would have made $28 million next season with a fragile neck/weaker arm.

If Luck had gone to somewhere with an established QB he would have sat for at least half the season. Just saying. Some guys can't come straight in and play no matter there draft status. WR's DL and RB's can be expected to step in and play immediately I think. But it takes a truly special QB to come in and play right away. Cam Newton, Sam Bradford and the like, they are all rarity's that had to play immediately. They had no option.

We have an option.

Rarity's? Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, Stafford, Freeman, Gabbert and Ponder all started or got starts their rookie years.

Flacco and Ryan have started and led their teams to multiple playoff appearances. And the Sanchez comparision is about right, seeing as neither had extensive exposure at the D1 level playing QB.

Ryan was picked 19 times his senior year. But you're downing Tannehill because of his interceptions. Were you also against drafting Ryan in 08? You know Dan threw 23 picks his junior and senior year, right? Please don't confuse me as this tanny fanboy youve created, as I am only optimistic about his future.

1-7 are immediate impact players .. REALLY?!? news to me .. ELI MANNING first pick in 2004 came in and started right away right?!? NOPE wasn't til NOVEMBER til he got his first start .. but hey .. maybe your definition and my definition of IMMEDIATELY are two different things

1-7 are immediate impact players .. REALLY?!? news to me .. ELI MANNING first pick in 2004 came in and started right away right?!? NOPE wasn't til NOVEMBER til he got his first start .. but hey .. maybe your definition and my definition of IMMEDIATELY are two different things

Kurt Warner served as a good bridge.

they didnt release him just to start LUCK .. are you nuts .. They released him because they weren't sure if he would ever play again AND even if he did . a 2-14 wake up call of a season makes you realize you need way more pieces than just QB and didn't want to WASTE 50 mil on one position .. they needed to draft a younger guy to replace manning .. mark my words if manning had reworked his schedule to stay .. he'd still be in INDY starting!

Ryan was picked 19 times his senior year. But you're downing Tannehill because of his interceptions. Were you also against drafting Ryan in 08? You know Dan threw 23 picks his junior and senior year, right? Please don't confuse me as this tanny fanboy youve created, as I am only optimistic about his future.

Ryan actually had a full body of work to go on. He didn't just play 19 games. You had tape on Ryan in 08 of him making all the throws in all kinds of weather. You seen by the time his collegiate career ended what type of leader he was.

I'm not as hyped as most on this board about Tannehill. He has holes in his game. He stairs down recievers. He forces throws into coverage. And when he needed to step and lead, he failed. The loss against TEX was epic in my books. He had that team in position to win against a in state foe who they won't play again for years. And he comes out after half time and holding a lead, stares down his WR in the 3rd qtr and throws a pick 6. A game at which point they were in control of. That pick 6 changed the ebb and flow of that game.

As for the Tanny fan boys. They are no different than those who came on here after Patty White was selected and started the whole "WildPat" movement.

Damn dude. 1-7 in this year's draft. Can't debate someone who can't comprehend.

they didnt release him just to start LUCK .. are you nuts .. They released him because they weren't sure if he would ever play again AND even if he did . a 2-14 wake up call of a season makes you realize you need way more pieces than just QB and didn't want to WASTE 50 mil on one position .. they needed to draft a younger guy to replace manning .. mark my words if manning had reworked his schedule to stay .. he'd still be in INDY starting!

If you think Manning would have had stayed your nuts. He wasn't going to re work nothing. That was his last big pay day, and that was money he was going to get.

maybe you should specify .. and lets be realistic .. so they start big deal .. WILL THEY BE SUCCESFUL

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

kurt warner WAS a scrub until he got solid WRs ..

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

If you think Manning would have had stayed your nuts. He wasn't going to re work nothing. That was his last big pay day, and that was money he was going to get.

thats the point though .. manning took himself out of INDY .. INDY would have taken him back

Ryan actually had a full body of work to go on. He didn't just play 19 games. You had tape on Ryan in 08 of him making all the throws in all kinds of weather. You seen by the time his collegiate career ended what type of leader he was.

I'm not as hyped as most on this board about Tannehill. He has holes in his game. He stairs down recievers. He forces throws into coverage. And when he needed to step and lead, he failed. The loss against TEX was epic in my books. He had that team in position to win against a in state foe who they won't play again for years. And he comes out after half time and holding a lead, stares down his WR in the 3rd qtr and throws a pick 6. A game at which point they were in control of. That pick 6 changed the ebb and flow of that game.

As for the Tanny fan boys. They are no different than those who came on here after Patty White was selected and started the whole "WildPat" movement.

Legit concerns that I also have about Tannehill. But, I also see potential. I'm just excited because I'm used to passing on QBs year after year. If we can coach him up, who knows. I don't think any other pick would have me as excited because no other position makes as big of a difference as QB.

And anyone that watches college football should have been pissed when we took pat white.

Back
Top Bottom