How do you not like tannehill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you not like tannehill

they didnt release him just to start LUCK .. are you nuts .. They released him because they weren't sure if he would ever play again AND even if he did . a 2-14 wake up call of a season makes you realize you need way more pieces than just QB and didn't want to WASTE 50 mil on one position .. they needed to draft a younger guy to replace manning .. mark my words if manning had reworked his schedule to stay .. he'd still be in INDY starting!

If they had the 20th pick in the draft you don't think Manning would still be a Colt. Get real.

If they had the 20th pick in the draft you don't think Manning would still be a Colt. Get real.

NO .. i am as real as i can get .. if they were 20th they wouldn't have the chance to pick his successor .. if they picked 3-4-5 and could have got RG3 .. manning may or may not have been out .. the opportunity to have someone groomed under manning was taken away by manning wanting to get paid and writing himself out of INDY .. who wouldn't want a guy to SIT behind manning and learn from one of the TOP 3 QBs ALL TIME!!!

NO .. i am as real as i can get .. if they were 20th they wouldn't have the chance to pick his successor .. if they picked 3-4-5 and could have got RG3 .. manning may or may not have been out .. the opportunity to have someone groomed under manning was taken away by manning wanting to get paid and writing himself out of INDY .. who wouldn't want a guy to SIT behind manning and learn from one of the TOP 3 QBs ALL TIME!!!

Alot of assumptions. Fact is, Manning seen the franchise wobble on him. Once that franchise or more specifically Irsay started w/ his tweets and bs. It was done. Manning signed that huge contract before the start of last season. That was a contract that showed his franchise wanted him to retire a Colt. Then he got injured and that no longer was the case. The reality of it is right there. No excuses needed. It is what it is.

Goto the KST, OKST, ARK and OK game and watch him being picked....alot.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Is Luck a project/developmental player? Is Clairborne a project/developmental player? Is Richardson a project/developmental player?

First of all those players don't concern me as they have nothing to do with this team. Sure, they can start on their teams, but there's no guarantee they are going to be great players. Not one of them.

The fact is, the MIAMI DOLPHINS had a need at the most important position in football and we finally addressed it...end of story. What else would you have preferred given the options out there? I think Tannehill gives us the best option to succeed regardless of his line of work in college. Yes, he needs to sit a year or two, but most QBs do. We weren't going to land a QB that 1. could go now, 2. is familiar with the system we use, AND 3. possibly can give us stability at the position for 8-10 years plus.

Now if he fails, I'll be one of the first to criticize him, but I think we should give him that chance before we crucify his as a "failed draft pick" or a "franchise killer" as some around here already have.

Legit concerns that I also have about Tannehill. But, I also see potential. I'm just excited because I'm used to passing on QBs year after year. If we can coach him up, who knows. I don't think any other pick would have me as excited because no other position makes as big of a difference as QB.

And anyone that watches college football should have been pissed when we took pat white.

By your born on date, it looks as if you weren't here after the drafting of Patricia White. That is where I seen the echo chamber here on FH at full mass. People pile on such high expectations for people who have yet to take a snap in the NFL. Tannehill is what he is. I'm not the one making him out to be the next TOP 10 franchise QB. Do I hope he pans out, yes.

First of all those players don't concern me as they have nothing to do with this team. Sure, they can start on their teams, but there's no guarantee they are going to be great players. Not one of them.

The fact is, the MIAMI DOLPHINS had a need at the most important position in football and we finally addressed it...end of story. What else would you have preferred given the options out there? I think Tannehill gives us the best option to succeed regardless of his line of work in college. Yes, he needs to sit a year or two, but most QBs do. We weren't going to land a QB that 1. could go now, 2. is familiar with the system we use, AND 3. possibly can give us stability at the position for 8-10 years plus.

Now if he fails, I'll be one of the first to criticize him, but I think we should give him that chance before we crucify his as a "failed draft pick" or a "franchise killer" as some around here already have.

See you and others keep drumming this up. Most QB's since 2008 play their rookie years. That isn't even up for debate. And the only reason I asked the question about the 3 players is because I want to know if you think they are develop/project players?

But if this pick does fail. It will do nothing but put us right back here in 3 years.

See you and others keep drumming this up. Most QB's since 2008 play their rookie years. That isn't even up for debate. And the only reason I asked the question about the 3 players is because I want to know if you think they are develop/project players?

But if this pick does fail. It will do nothing but put us right back here in 3 years.

Wait...weren't you just criticizing a poster for making "a lot of assumptions"? How ironic! :lol:

Yes, he COULD fail...hell you can say that for every damn player in the draft including Luck!

dude im not saying i see this kid as the next MARINO .. but he's got what it takes to succeed if coached right

By your born on date, it looks as if you weren't here after the drafting of Patricia White. That is where I seen the echo chamber here on FH at full mass. People pile on such high expectations for people who have yet to take a snap in the NFL. Tannehill is what he is. I'm not the one making him out to be the next TOP 10 franchise QB. Do I hope he pans out, yes.

I was a freshman in college at the time, watching the draft while working behind a bar. Got mad as hell. Just wasn't on this board to express it. I really don't know how RT's game is going to translate, and I'm not making predictions- just hoping he can more touchdowns than the opponent.

Wait...weren't you just criticizing a poster for making "a lot of assumptions"? How ironic! :lol:

Yes, he COULD fail...hell you can say that for every damn player in the draft including Luck!

A assumption would be saying HE WOULD FAIL.

I love how you skipped over the 'if' in my statement. If he does fail, this FO and HC will be gone and we will be doing this all over again in 3years. It is what it is.

Drafted in Top 10 but not able too start day 1.

I do recall drew brees and eli manning and phillip rivers all drafted that high .. did not walk in and take the starting job either

What? bress was a second rounder and Eli started day one. Rivers is the only correct part of your statement. and he was a much better prospect then tanny was when he came out.

ya know every QB has their downsides .. all i know is outta the two coaches we have .. both this offseason had QBs(tannehill & flynn) that were ready to make the move to the dolphins and they only trusted him to give first round money to .. did we pick him too high maybe .. but their has to be a reason that SEATTLE wanted to pick him even after they already had flynn

Why do so many people confuse Philbin and Sherman as being the decision makers when it comes to personnel and how much money to offer them? That responsibility falls 100% on Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom