How do you not like tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you not like tannehill

Yes his record against elite competion was not good, but how man leads in those game did his D give up? And how many drop passes did his recivers have in those games. Now i am not saying that he is perfect but you see if in the NFL too. There are a lot of Really good teams that give up big leads in games.

Do his stats or ability matter when he has a wife like that? Just kidding, but seriously it's about time we at least take a chance on a young signal caller and who knows better how good he can be than Mike Sherman.

1. Small sample size (19 starts).

2. Choked hard in the big games.

3. Struggled against Big 12 Defenses (Considered worst defensive conference)

4. Drafted in Top 10 but not able too start day 1.

5. Stats look good but are inflated by being in a pass heavy offense.

6. Against LSU, the only legit defense he really ever faced.He really SUCKED.

7. 1-5 against top 25 this year.

8. Lost double digit leads multiple times.

"Yea, we looked at those games, but decided to turn our head when he did something bad." - Jeff Ireland

and it begins, one day after this kid is drafted - it begins. tanny fan boys EVERYWHERE.

face it - the kid did not play well against elite competition. He stares down recievers and i've seen him make some "WTF?" throws too. Im not saying that means he "sucks" but in college, you play a ton of patsy teams, and i dont mean New England. Teams that are not on your level. when it came time to play solid defenses he really dropped the ball alot. even his 2010 LSU game you can find it on Youtube - he makes some great throws but then makes some HORRIBLE throws for INTS.

what does this mean? - it means he has raw talent and the coaches like his potential - but he has to develop and learn and hone his skills. i believe we have the staff that can do that - let them take their time and do it before we crown tanney or bash him. dolfandubz said it best - hes a developmental qb taken in the top 10 .

Your on a dolphins board, and we just drafted a QB in the 1st for the first time in 30 years. Did you really think everybody was going to be whining about it? I hated the guy for 4 years straight, now he's a Phin and I'm stoked. I know we took a risk, but we had to do it sooner or later. We can't wait for a perfect prospect to fall in our laps. Ireland must have started taking testosterone shots-the dude took a risk.

Drafted in Top 10 but not able too start day 1.

I do recall drew brees and eli manning and phillip rivers all drafted that high .. did not walk in and take the starting job either

Thank you, yes believe it or not when QBs were drafted not that long ago, the general consensus was to sit them behind a veteran and let them learn, Carson Palmer was the #1 overall pick and did not step on the field with Kitna there, maybe the Packers should have been ripped apart for drafting Rodgers because he didnt beat out Favre as a rookie, what a bust he was

These days with all the attention a rookie QB gets there is so much pressure from impatient fans and the media to play guys right away, ask the Jaguars how that worked out with Gabbert, Ponder and Locker both looked bad at times as well last season and threw costly picks for their team, its going to happen, everyone hypes Cam Newton but his hype and running skills did not equate out to very many wins, he threw a good amount of interceptions and could not lead the team to wins, he is good for sporcenter and because the national media likes him everyone assumes he is good, same with Dalton he will get more hype because the Bengals made the playoffs even though they lost their last game and got in thanks to another team losing, then lost to a rookie drafted 4 rounds later than him

You Tanny fan boys keep on pushing your theories. He is what he is, a project/developmental player who was picked in the TOP 10.

No one here is denying Tannehill needs to be developed. But that's exactly what this franchise has needed for the past decade plus...a QB we can finally develop with a system that he already knows. He can be a very good QB for us if he's developed correctly and last time I checked, Philbin has a good history with that. I'll trust his and Sherman's opinion above all else. If he works out...great, we have a QB who can lead us for the next 10 years...if not, well at least we finally took a chance. Heck, I'd rather take a long-term chance with a guy who knows the offense over any other choices we had.

Yea I agree with this. Their pass D was like one of the worst 3 D's in D1-A. Also, if I recall correctly, in the Texas game that they lost he did drive down the field and give his team the lead with like 2 mins left, then the D gave up the game winning FG.

Yea they let Case Mccoy run on them to set up the FG, lol. Honestly, that whole game Tannehill had me nervous that he was gonna win it for them.

EVERY rookie is a project/developmental player.

If you think Luck is a project your nuts. If you think Claiborne is a developmental player, your crazy. If you think Richardson isn't STARTER ready, than you are a Tanny fan boy.

If you think Luck is a project your nuts. If you think Claiborne is a developmental player, your crazy. If you think Richardson isn't STARTER ready, than you are a Tanny fan boy.

All 3 of those guys have something in common: THEY DIDNT FALL TO US! Moot point bro, they were gone before we even picked.

Yea I agree with this. Their pass D was like one of the worst 3 D's in D1-A. Also, if I recall correctly, in the Texas game that they lost he did drive down the field and give his team the lead with like 2 mins left, then the D gave up the game winning FG.

Go back and watch the top of the 3rd qtr and TAM leading by 9 or so pts. Tannehill drops back and stairsdown his WR on the left, pick 6. Again, excuses. He is what he is. You and many others are already doing the Pat White hype.

Ok, now you fail to make sense with this nonsense.

Not sure I know this rule that states a top ten pick must be a starter.

All 3 of those guys have something in common: THEY DIDNT FALL TO US! Moot point bro, they were gone before we even picked.

EVERY rookie is a project/developmental player.

MOOT point? Go back and see what I was responding too. Damn, follow the convo.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Ok, now you fail to make sense with this nonsense.

Did you not see what I was responding too? Follow the convo.

Back
Top Bottom