How do you plan on celebrating the first game of the season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you plan on celebrating the first game of the season?

I'm either gonna smoke some ribs earlier that day, or throw a whole pork butt the night before and have it ready for the game. I'm on the west coast so it starts a little earlier. BBQ, BEER, and Opening Night baby!

Well considering I live in central PA and had everybody at my house for the Super Bowl to cheer on the Steelers (except Grandma who was cheering for the Hawks), I should invite them all over again but this time I'll be cheering on the :dolphins: .

My brother is a Steelers fan, so he and I are going to watch along with some other people at my place and trade verbal jabs in the process. I will probably eat too much and I will definitely drink too much, so we'll see how I plan on celebrating my hangover.

killakimo said:
i'll **** on my neighbor's yard. i live in maryland so naturally, there are lots of pitt, ravens and skins fans. he's a good guy but he claims they'll walk all over us. so yeah, i would brew something nice for him then just let it go after the game:D

:lol:

Death to Redskins fans, I get enough of that here!!!

K, here it goes.

I get out of class very early on that Thursday. I'm going to go to the market, buy some steaks and ribs, and see if my roomies want to pitch in to get a keg. Yeah, definitely a keg.

I'm going to invite friends over, but here's the catch. You have to wear something Dolphins, or cheer for the Dolphins, or you ain't getting in.
Period.

I'll NOT have anyone cheer against my beloved team in MY apartment. Especially in the season opener against Pittsburgh.

We'll set up the keg, I'll grill the food at about 5:00 pm or so, have it all laid out and ready, watch pre-game and watch the game.

...and I'll have my authentic Ronnie Brown jersey on with my Dolphins beads around my neck.

And I feel very, very sorry for the apartment below ours that night.

Watching the game, followed up shorty after the conclusion (which will be a miami victory...of course) with a trip to Pittsburg, PA where i'll break into Hines Field and take whats ours!!! Oh how the mighty will have fallen

me and the roomies (non dolphins fans, but i hammer the dolphins into them so much they know whats up), have my bro another big dolphins fan and a few other friends over, couple beers and enjoy the thrashing we give the steelers as ronnie runs for 150 yards... then i'll celebrate all weekend with my last weekend at my beach house...

I'll just be really happy and get ready for next week.....I never get to up or down about one game unless

1- Its an amazing comeback

2- Its a playoff win

3- It clinches a playoff berth

4- The SuperBowl :D

BALLS DEEP said:
I just thought I'd see how everyone is planning to celebrate the first game of the season against Pittsburgh. Me personally, I'll have all my gear on the instant I get out of work on that day. Head over to the local sports bar and talk smack to anyone that is wearing any Steelers garb. I'll then continue to hoot and hollar as soon as the pre game show begins. I'll feel the chills on my arm. At that point the ultimate level of sports heaven for me will be achieved. I can sit there with a cold beer knowing that the summer and spring drought is over. I'll have 16 Phins games coming at me on a weekly basis!
Anyone else?

Alcohol :drinker:

I love seeing all these beer responses. Being 18, and my girlfriend leaving for college just a week after that. I'll sit next to her with my Chris Chambers jersey while she wears my Ronnie Brown jersey, and we will spend a nice evening together, watching my beloved Fins!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I love seeing all these beer responses. Being 18, and my girlfriend leaving for college just a week after that. I'll sit next to her with my Chris Chambers jersey while she wears my Ronnie Brown jersey, and we will spend a nice evening together, watching my beloved Fins!

ah, dude that sucks. i feel your pain brotha. just have sex everytime we make a touchdown...hell, everytime somebody throws the ball:D

Back
Top Bottom