How do you rebuild A rebuild?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you rebuild A rebuild??

Worst organization in the NFL from top to bottom. How could any coach make more bad decisions in one game than Flores did today? Talent is horrendous front office is horrendous. Where do you even begin!!! What a sad sad state for this once great franchise!
get rid of grier and flores....that'd be a good start

First, clean house. Time for management to go. Send a message by firing Grier and Flores NOW!!! Next, trade anyone of value that you can get a fair offer for. Give the new leadership as much cap room and picks as possible. On this note, call Philly and ask what it would take to get our first back. SF's first plus what? Parker? Jones? Next year's SF pick? Pick leadership that has success in the league, no rookies this time. As the owner, get out of the way.

First, clean house. Time for management to go. Send a message by firing Grier and Flores NOW!!! Next, trade anyone of value that you can get a fair offer for. Give the new leadership as much cap room and picks as possible. On this note, call Philly and ask what it would take to get our first back. SF's first plus what? Parker? Jones? Next year's SF pick? Pick leadership that has success in the league, no rookies this time. As the owner, get out of the way.
No, you don't trade players of value. You give the next coaching staff a chance to do something different with the talent.

The only two times the Dolphins have made the playoffs the last 20 years were in the first year of a new regime. Different coaching can get better results out of the same roster with just a couple tweaks that a new coach is willing to make, plus a coach whose message hasn't run stale.

Sparano's rebuild failed because Pennington couldn't stay healthy and Henne was the wrong guy. Gase's rebuild failed because the players who willed the team to success in 2016 were gotten rid of by 2018, and he lost the team after Tannehill's injury by bringing in a cancerous starting QB and then getting rid of the talent on the team.

It all starts up top. Grier picked 90% busts. Flores is also a bust.

This is a low point ... but honestly, it is not all that unexpected. This does not mean our season is dead or that we need to blow it all up again .... but the time for a turnaround is next week. Things get dire from this point forward, and the time for excuses is over. We've heard Tua is great .... but not yet. We've heard we were investing in the future .... but it has not arrived. The NFL is a brutally competitive league .... every team has talent. Coaching often is the biggest difference maker .... and it's time for Coach Flo and his guys to step it up. We fired a good OL coach and at least today the OL coach we hired got his guys to perform. Maybe not great, but adequately. The game was there to win .... but even against a bad team, we were worse.

Time to step it up coaching staff. This isn't a lack of player talent. This is either A) lack of coaching, or B) lack of preparation. Either way .... coaches gotta step up. Show us what you got .... or most/all of you will be looking for new jobs in 6 months or less.
To your point, I think there is much better talent than when the rebuild began. It is young talent, though, and too many veterans were jettisoned.

Now, is definitely the time to turn it around a little bit. Tua has basically played in two games and both were winnable. I love his audible in the opener on the pass play to Parker that helped seal the win. He played well against Jacksonville, except for the interception. But the drive after that might have been the best of the season so far.

If Tua is the answer, there is hope for a quick turnaround. I'm not necessarily meaning this year, but Miami is in good salary cap shape and the weaknesses are pretty obvious.

Whether Grier and Flores survive is the question.

Hopefully Flores practices what he preaches and learns from his mistakes.

It would be wise to sign a few veteran leaders in free agency on both sides of the ball.
Yep, that was the biggest mistake. I think Grier and Flores expected improvement from young players and that hasn't necessarily happened.

I'd spend on offense in free agency. Get at least one solid offensive lineman, maybe two. Add a receiver complement to Waddle. Someone who is dependable, i.e. not injury prone.

I'd look to the draft for front seven talent on defense and a tough, between the tackles running back.

The defense has some solid players, but badly needs a game changer. Someone like J.J. Watt in his prime.

I don't think you can let Grier touch any offseason moves.

Flores is a more complicated situation. But there has to be a plan with the assistant coaches that needs considerable oversight and micromanagement.

Just start rooting for a team who's already been through it. I think this is the best course of action........I mean we've been here before. Like time and time again. Over and over. What's the definition of insanity......they say doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Why would we think the next rebuild would be any different from the past eight thousand four hundred and fifty two.........we've been a fan for 40+ years. So frustrated and so tired of this process. I need a break.............KC has nice colors or maybe even the Rams, IDK it's so..............

oh **** you guys are here too...........damn I thought I was thinking this is my head.......oops there I went to typing when I thought I was thinking!!! Don't judge me, at least I didn't answer myself! LMFAO!

Just tell Flores that from now on, he aint playing the same game. The new rules are, every game you score 30+ points, you win, everytime you dont you lose. Just that little tweak and the Fins wouldnt be under .500 right now.

Trade the guys that won't be here next year or the year after.

Stop giving out terrible contracts.

Actually invest in a center, RB and LBs.

Take the reigns off Tua and let's see if he's got it or not.

Give Grier his walking papers.

How a (SINGULAR) offensive co

Back
Top Bottom