How do you rebuild A rebuild?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you rebuild A rebuild??

To your point, I think there is much better talent than when the rebuild began. It is young talent, though, and too many veterans were jettisoned.

Now, is definitely the time to turn it around a little bit. Tua has basically played in two games and both were winnable. I love his audible in the opener on the pass play to Parker that helped seal the win. He played well against Jacksonville, except for the interception. But the drive after that might have been the best of the season so far.

If Tua is the answer, there is hope for a quick turnaround. I'm not necessarily meaning this year, but Miami is in good salary cap shape and the weaknesses are pretty obvious.

Whether Grier and Flores survive is the question.
Yes, but Coach Flo ran off all the veterans ... guys like Van Noy, Karras, and Fitzpatrick were leaders of this team .... and they were all shown the door. The fact our talented youth is meandering directionless is because of this decision. Even after jettisoning the leaders .... the players did not vote Tua as a captain--which is telling.

Every good team has veteran leaders .... it's just that simple. If the coaching staff is going to run them off like Cam Cameron and Adam Gase did ... then the coaching staff needs to provide that leadership on and off the field. The staff needs to bring in its own guys to rally that dressing room. However they do it .... they need to do it.

These young guys are crying out for leadership .... and it is missing.

I would say hire a new GM, let him bring in who he wants as a coach and start from there. It will be at least a season and a half before we see results.
1000% this - forget canning the coaching staff for now. A competent Gm knows what they are looking for in a HC and a competent HC knows what they are looking for regarding coordinators, assistants, etc.

It all starts with replacing Grier. The replacement will ultimately bring in their own coaching staff anyways.

Yes, but Coach Flo ran off all the veterans ... guys like Van Noy, Karras, and Fitzpatrick were leaders of this team .... and they were all shown the door. The fact our talented youth is meandering directionless is because of this decision. Even after jettisoning the leaders .... the players did not vote Tua as a captain--which is telling.

Every good team has veteran leaders .... it's just that simple. If the coaching staff is going to run them off like Cam Cameron and Adam Gase did ... then the coaching staff needs to provide that leadership on and off the field. The staff needs to bring in its own guys to rally that dressing room. However they do it .... they need to do it.

These young guys are crying out for leadership .... and it is missing.
Bingo. The way they left such a void in leadership was malpractice.

Their thought process on Van Noy was double malpractice. He should still be here.

If they are letting petty things decide who they keep and move on from, they should all be fired. That's immaturity.

We don’t need a total rebuild, we have talent, we just need a whole new front office, and coaching staff that know how to use the talent
Do you think we have any more talent than teams like the Jags, Jets, or Lions do?

I would say we have 3 really good players in Sanders, Gisecki, and X. We have 3 players who have flashed potential in Tua, Waddle, and Holland. Maybe Byron Jones, McMillan, Baker, and Wilkins are decent. But that’s about it. That’s not a good place to be talent wise and is probably among the worst in the league.

I’m still stuck on how bad Noah is. Wow , just wow

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever watched a corner do either of these things Noah did:

A) Be facing almost completely in the wrong direction allowing a catch on a comeback/out (forget the route)

B) Watch the ball all the way into a receivers hands, in the endzone, without even making an attempt at the ball. Not even a half assed one.

I don't think you could with all these clowns running this team.This team is definitely the worst run organizations in the NFL.
It starts from the top with Ross,Grier and Flores. This team goes through the same crap every year for decades: Bad GM's,bad HC'S and really bad drafting!!!
Just look at the terrible draft record from these clowns.
I still can't get over the Charles Harris pick.
You wait and see if they trade TUA.He will probably become a pretty good QB like Tannehill did.
They can never get it right and I blame Ross and the morons he hires.
Unfortunately this team needs to be rebuilt again!!!

Bingo. The way they left such a void in leadership was malpractice.

Their thought process on Van Noy was double malpractice. He should still be here.

If they are letting petty things decide who they keep and move on from, they should all be fired. That's immaturity.
Exactly. If you want saints ... stop looking amongst football players. If you want easy to control .... stop looking amongst football players. If you want a nice pleasant and uneventful day at the office .... get out of football all together.

Football players are elite athletes coddled and put on a pedestal from day 1 of their lives, and they are constantly taught to be aggressive and end everything they do in a dominant position. The introverts follow and the extroverts lead .... but they're like a live firework ... you need to make sure they get pointed in the right direction and they explode at the proper time and for the proper reason and result. THAT'S one of the main things an NFL coach does. Sometimes it's called "motivation" and other times it's called "strategy" and on the back side those things are called "man management" and "tenacity" ... but teaching the craft is only part of the job. Organizing the drills and developing the players only gets you so far. The coach is in control of about 25% of a player's life, and while it may feel like 95% to the player .... it is not. The leaders in the locker room are in control of about 50% of a player's life, influencing what, where, when, and how he does almost everything from practice to studying, to a game of Madden rather than a strip poker game at a shady entourage's contact's house.

A coach needs guys like Cam Wake to instill a belief that the player CAN be great IF he foregoes the club and bottles of champagne for the gym and bottles of Vitamin Water. The coach needs guys like Kenny Stills, who when a rookie excitedly tweets after being drafted by Miami how he's excited about "chillin' on South Beach" ..... and Kenny Stills responds with a tweet saying something like "grinding in Davie." Make no mistake about it ... the work BEGINS when you arrive into the NFL .... it's not the destination ... it's just the beginning of the journey. No matter what some old coach says .... that doesn't bring it home like a veteran legend standing next to you living the work ethic and you starting to realize you're falling behind.

Coach Flo got rid of guys like Bobby McCain, Kyle Van Noy, and Ted Karras ... and now our DB, LB, and OL units are in shambles ..... hmmmmmm how shocking.

I'm ready to retire the franchise. Ross is removed from the clown equation.

New owner. New franchise. New team. The Miami Manatees.

True Story!

I would say hire a new GM, let him bring in who he wants as a coach and start from there. It will be at least a season and a half before we see results.
I am convinced no regime can win under Ross. There is a reason certain pro organizations fail over and over again when the system is stacked to help the losers and penalize the winners. Ross is a loser. And he has ran this organization into the abyss.

Back
Top Bottom