How do you rebuild A rebuild?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you rebuild A rebuild??

How do you end something already ended? How do you kill something already dead? How do you **** on something just shitted on?

*We had a crap ton of dead money this year.
*Fire Flo, "the Patriot way" sucks.
Fire Grier!
*We are set to have an obscene amount of cap to spend next year.
*Franchise Gesicki.
*We sign a premier Tackle and Guard.
*We sign a top RB AND draft a top RB.
*We trade X. We can't afford 38 million in 2 CBs.
*Release DVP.
*Get rid of Shaheem and Carter. We don't need 6 TEs.
*Sign a beast Run stopper MLB.

We easily have the money to do every one of those and more.

Last edited:
It looks like Ross may blow it all up. He's the owner and has the right to do that. My feeling is it's Ross who wants Watson. Maybe it's also Ross who has lost faith in Tua, if that report is true.

So, we could see a new head coach, a new GM and a new quarterback.

I guess that's how you rebuild a rebuild. Start all over again. Wash, rinse and repeat. The story of the Miami Dolphins.

*We had a crap if dead money this year.
Fire Grier!
*Franchise Gesicki.
*Release DVP.

Sounds like a plan to me. I think that people are realizing that “The Patriot Way” was really “Brady’s Way”. Belichick is nothing without Brady. Flo needs to be fired along with Grier. Clean house, fire everyone! I dream of being the one to fire Grier. My life would be complete, tell him to not let the door hit him in the ass.

I would say hire a new GM, let him bring in who he wants as a coach and start from there. It will be at least a season and a half before we see results.

See the above, but give them 4 seasons to determine if the GM should stay, based on the teams trajectory.

It should be linearly or hyperbolically up!

You turn it into a Spirit Halloween store.
Great idea! Watching Miami's o-line try to block is like watching the zombies in an old horror movie; they're slow and stumble around aimlessly. But, think of the marketing opportunities...

Hey Kids, make sure you get your Jesse Davis Zombie Mask for Halloween! 😱

Fire Grier!
*Franchise Gesicki.
*Release DVP.

I think you're tracking. Don't know about throwing money at a FA RB. Believe me, we need a RB, but rather draft one in first 3 rounds. DVP, P, Williams, and Fuller put on a bus on I-95 headed north. Pay money for at least one premium OL. RT if Tua is still here. ****, we need an RT anyway. ILB, LG, RT, RB for starters.

I think you're tracking. Don't know about throwing money at a FA RB. Believe me, we need a RB, but rather draft one in first 3 rounds. DVP, P, Williams, and Fuller put on a bus on I-95 headed north. Pay money for at least one premium OL. RT if Tua is still here. ****, we need an RT anyway. ILB, LG, RT, RB for starters.
Seems I remember some very talented RBs that were passed over in the recent draft because you know, they wanted a edge rusher who would stop the opposition in their tracks. I believe they would waste that opportunity again if given the chance.

Fire Grier!
*Franchise Gesicki.
*Release DVP.

Sure we could do all those moves. But the key issue is the money you will tie into free agents that you will have to overpay for. These free agents will be past their rookie deals looking to cash in and will be most likely descending players. You need ascending players. This is via draft. Your core can’t be free agents. This has failed miserably here and other places.

Grier first and foremost must go. 2020 was a nightmare if we look at through the lens of having over a year to judge. I will say that the 2021 class has yielded much better fruit. I’m still very high on our 1st 4 picks and think they will be part of the nucleus going forward. It’s a shame to think where this team would be had we just nailed the 2020 draft (iggy was an awful pick) while I was banging the table for jonathon Taylor and im sure I wasn’t alone. We should have kept flowers. We should have signed either Conklin (2020) or this year linsley. The money wasn’t allocated correctly nor was their any clear plan on actually building a foundation. We need a gm with a plan. We need a coach with it between the ears who also has the killer instinct (see Brandon Staley). Finally we need Ross once and for all to give ultimate power to whomever he puts in charge and stay the hell out of the way.

Btw mr Ross if you are reading this, I am available for the position at a fraction of the salary you would pay another bozo. I actually want to win and not leech off the organization for 20 years with empty promises of this time it’s going to be different.

1.wr2, we need better wr cross board..
2 LT and RT. The rest can fight play guard and center..
3..rb thought draft
4. MLB thought draft
5.edge rusher

Sure we could do all those moves. But the key issue is the money you will tie into free agents that you will have to overpay for. These free agents will be past their rookie deals looking to cash in and will be most likely descending players. You need ascending players. This is via draft. Your core can’t be free agents. This has failed miserably here and other places.
I respect your opinion but we sorely need Vets. If we try and build everything through the draft while signing mediocre plays will cost us dearly. We did that last year and we see the results. Luckily, Lineman tend to have lengthy careers. If we sign a Vet premier Tackle and Guard off their rookie contract they would be around 26 year old giving is a solid 5 years. We can't continue to shop at Dollar tree for vital positions. We will have the money, pay them.
I would def be down for trading for a young RB from a rebuilding team. We could also look at D'ernest Johnson who is Cleveland's 3rd string RB that ran for 150 yards last night. Cleveland has Hunt and Chubb we could prolly steal Johnson.

Back
Top Bottom