How far do the 2021 Dolphins make it? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far do the 2021 Dolphins make it?

How far do we make it in 2021

• Super Bowl Champs

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Super Bowl but lose (AFC Champs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC Championship Game

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Division round

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • Wildcard Round

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Miss the playoffs

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
I will be disappointed with anything less than a wildcard playoff spot.

I believe we have the talent, as a whole. On offense, aside from the obvious of QB play, it hinges on the O-line. On defense, we need to won 1 v 1 opportunities in pass rush situations, without constant blitzing.

It ultimately comes down to week to week gameplanning, in game adjustments, and the effectiveness of our staff implementing the strategy.

We don't really disagree. But, this is not a 'typical' good team. It's a team with new OCs, the players learning a new scheme, a rebuilt OL, an almost rookie QB, some new receivers. If only the last 10 games counted, I'd be much more optimistic. I worry about the 1st 4-6 games.

I think we make the wildcard game on the last week of the season. We had a lot of change on the defensive side of the ball. If there is an improvement on the D I think our O will definitely be better. Enough to make the playoffs.
I'm going to say it depends on how the defensive additions workout.

Minimum17 games. Beyond that it is hard to predict.

It isn’t just how good will Miami be, but who they play.

And not just who they play, but when they play who they play.

For example, the weeks Miami played SF and Arizona last year those teams secondary were depleted with injuries. Going up against Cincy without Burrow.

Just never know week by week.

I believe we will sneak into the playoffs and win a game if Tua is really the answer at QB...which I do have my doubts.

That said every phase of the game should be improved from last season. If we can remain as healthy as the league average in terms of injuries I think we can go toe to toe with just about anyone talent wise.

I think our biggest struggle will be against teams with dominant front 7 personnel taking advantage of our youth on the line.

My biggest question going into the season is how our offensive coordinators fare and who takes responsibility when he inevitable struggles in a season occur

If the OL improves dramatically over last year and the defense is as least as good as last year, I expect the Dolphins to make the playoffs. I’m not the least bit worried about Tua. I just need to see the OL block better in the running and passing game and if It does, I think the Dolphins will be a top 10 offense next season.

I think the Chiefs, Bills, Titans, and possibly the Colts are still better than the Dolphins. So they might win one playoff game but I don’t see them winning more than one playoff game.

We are right behind KC and Buff in AFC. As long as Tua takes his natural sophomore progression. All hinge on Tua. All other units in the are set to take a big jump. Except the question mark QB position.

What are your realistic expectations of this team?
Well I agree that KC, Buff, Balt, Cle and Tenn are ahead of us. I'm not putting Indy ahead of us though. Why would I? Wentz is their qb and he's been terrible the last couple seasons. Someone tell me why they'd be ahead of us automatically?

Well I agree that KC, Buff, Balt, Cle and Tenn are ahead of us. I'm not putting Indy ahead of us though. Why would I? Wentz is their qb and he's been terrible the last couple seasons. Someone tell me why they'd be ahead of us automatically?
I'm not putting Tenn, or Cle ahead of us either. Same teir is as far as I can go with that.

Both have better QB or at least more proven QB situations. For that reason alone both are ahead of us.
Maybe, maybe not. That remains to be seen.

I think our defense is better, and more flexible than both.

I also think Flo is a better HC.

I'm positive we have a better reciever unit, including TEs than both.

The better remains to be seen but id contend that the more proven part is already a matter of record.

Id agree with the rest of what you said, but the team with the higher tier QB will usually win regardless if other parts of the team are simply "good".

Tua needs to take the next step for me to personally put us above the Titans or Browns. Though I think we could beat the Colts in a playoff game.

Tenn has Aj Brown and Julio. I mean that's a nasty duo and then the best rb in Henry. Cle has O'Dell and Landry which isn't bad but not much depth. The TE spot is solid and they have a top 3 run game. Baker and Tannehill though don't inspire much confidence in me. Neither does Tenn D.

Tenn has Aj Brown and Julio. I mean that's a nasty duo and then the best rb in Henry. Cle has O'Dell and Landry which isn't bad but not much depth. The TE spot is solid and they have a top 3 run game. Baker and Tannehill though don't inspire much confidence in me. Neither does Tenn D.
The Tenn run game does level the playing field against most teams no doubt.

Cleveland is Cleveland to me, until they prove otherwise. Every time, for decades, as soon as it looks like they may have "turned the corner" everthing goes to hell.

I think both have peaked out, while we are on the ascent.

I ain't skeerd........

Back
Top Bottom