How far do the 2021 Dolphins make it? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far do the 2021 Dolphins make it?

How far do we make it in 2021

• Super Bowl Champs

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Super Bowl but lose (AFC Champs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC Championship Game

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Division round

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • Wildcard Round

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Miss the playoffs

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
Considering we were good enough for a wildcard in most seasons last year, I think divisional round, via wild card given Buffalo's current trajectory, seems like a reasonable expectation for starters.

If the offense really starts firing on all cylinders, which we have reasons to think it could, then watch out!

Coaching wins in football. Having a flexible and dominant defense also wins.

I honestly don't see Titans nor Colts better than Miami. Wentz has been mediocre for a few seasons. Their defense is strong, but not as good as ours verse the pass. They stop the run, and run it strong on offense. I do not fear them, nor their weenie coach.

Tennessee has lost a bunch of pieces. They did add some pieces, but over spent on Dupree, lost Smith and Davis on offense. Vrabel is a hard nosed guy,, but tends to over rely on ground game in the playoffs,, I don't know if he really is a top coach..

I see Miami being equal to or above those teams. I put Miami in divisional round, they are still too green and inexperienced for a real run this year in my opinion. They certainly have the coach to do it, but a lot remains to be seen. If we click and that offense starts humming, we will be a dangerous team. Miami humidity is an advantage in January, too bad we refused to capitalize on it for the past 3 decades šŸ˜†

Also, if 10-6 didn't work last year to get i7to the 7 team playoffs, then there is certainly no way 10-7 is going to get 'er done. 10-7 is the new 9-7. We must win atleast 11 games. I think it's doable for sure, but in order to do so we must atleast go 4-2 in the division.

Coaching wins in football. Having a flexible and dominant defense also wins.

I honestly don't see Titans nor Colts better than Miami. Wentz has been mediocre for a few seasons. Their defense is strong, but not as good as ours verse the pass. They stop the run, and run it strong on offense. I do not fear them, nor their weenie coach.

Tennessee has lost a bunch of pieces. They did add some pieces, but over spent on Dupree, lost Smith and Davis on offense. Vrabel is a hard nosed guy,, but tends to over rely on ground game in the playoffs,, I don't know if he really is a top coach..

I see Miami being equal to or above those teams. I put Miami in divisional round, they are still too green and inexperienced for a real run this year in my opinion. They certainly have the coach to do it, but a lot remains to be seen. If we click and that offense starts humming, we will be a dangerous team. Miami humidity is an advantage in January, too bad we refused to capitalize on it for the past 3 decades šŸ˜†

Also, if 10-6 didn't work last year to get i7to the 7 team playoffs, then there is certainly no way 10-7 is going to get 'er done. 10-7 is the new 9-7. We must win atleast 11 games. I think it's doable for sure, but in order to do so we must atleast go 4-2 in the division.

Good to see you posting Big C :ffic:

Good to see you posting Big C :ffic:
Thanks bro, I've missed it here. I was going through hell....but as the great Winston Churchill said, "if you're going through hell, keep going!" You're almost out!

I'm living with my son now as a retired Chief in Jacksonville away from psychopath ex wife and obnoxious anarchist daughter....I need time away from those crazies.....I'd rather spend time with finheaven crazies šŸ˜†šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

The Tenn run game does level the playing field against most teams no doubt.

Cleveland is Cleveland to me, until they prove otherwise. Every time, for decades, as soon as it looks like they may have "turned the corner" everthing goes to hell.

I think both have peaked out, while we are on the ascent.

I ain't skeerd........

They won a playoff game and nearly knocked off the Chiefsi in KC in the next round after finishing 11-5 in the best division in the NFL. There quarterback threw 2 interceptions the last 10 weeks of the season and their best receiver was out for the year. They've got a top 3 OL, a top 3 run game, a transcendent edge rusher and completely rebuilt the one glaring weakness they had The Browns are for real.

Are we? We didn't make the playoffs, never should of beat the Raiders, defeated 1 team with a winning record, had a defense not nearly as good as some people think, ranking 20th in total defense, while being sixth in scoring defense (playing some of the worst offenses in the league), our OL is bad, our QB was awful. The DL is bottom tier.

Pump the brakes a little. This team has all the earmarks of a regression from the 10 games it won last year. There is a lot of overconfidence considering what the Fins actually did last year.

I dont agree with your view on us Alex, but I get your skepticism. I do.

However, your spot on with Cleveland. Cleveland isn't the same old Brownies they used to be, they are going to be a very tough out the next decade. I see us having some epic playoff battles in the next decade against them for sure!!

Tenn has Aj Brown and Julio. I mean that's a nasty duo and then the best rb in Henry. Cle has O'Dell and Landry which isn't bad but not much depth. The TE spot is solid and they have a top 3 run game. Baker and Tannehill though don't inspire much confidence in me. Neither does Tenn D.

Tannehill and Baker both inspire more confidence in me than Tua personally. I'm really hoping he makes the jump to that level but I'm very skeptical of his skill set.

This question is a tough one because we haven't seen Tua rise to expectations yet. So many "ifs" come into play when fans are predicting the future.... like the IF in my opening line (absent but implied).,,, looking at the schedule we could start out 0-2 and after the Ravens game we could be 5-5 with 7 games to play .....

IF we are 5- 5 by game 10 can we win 5 of 7 to get to 10-7? Does 10-7 get us in? It may, at that point, come down to tie breakers ....

I believe Tua is the wild card here. IF he plays to expectations we have a chance ... IF he doesn't we probably lose more than win ...
I think it's going to be tough to top last years win total unless Tua shows he is THE difference maker. IF he is the difference maker I see teams like the Pats, Saints Giants and Titans being closer to equal or less when compared to our Dolphins giving us a shot at a stronger record and a shot to win going forward into the playoffs.

I am not dogging Tua in my statements and I'm not trolling .... We have to have an answer at Qb before we can reasonably predict our future ...

Listen here, mister, this sort of objective, level-headed thinking doesnā€™t fly around here.

Spot on. Iā€™m encouraged both by Tua and what Miami is doing to set him up to succeed so far this offseason. But he needs to produce better than last year. He doesnā€™t have to vault into ā€œTop five QBā€ range, but he has to be top half of the pack, in my opinion. If he does that, I think Miami makes the playoffs.

If he doesnā€™t progress significantly by the end of the 2022 season, Miami has two first rounders to try again.

Tannehill and Baker both inspire more confidence in me than Tua personally. I'm really hoping he makes the jump to that level but I'm very skeptical of his skill set.

Quoting myself because of the laughing emoji given at this post.

Please explain why Tua is on their level when he's yet to put up even a good statistical season and Mayfield went 28/6 TD to INT and Tannehill 33/7

Obviously I don't expect those numbers from Tua his rookie year, but my evaluation of him was low coming out. He's done nothing yet to put himself on the level of either.

Might he this year? Yes, I hope he does. But if you're going to laugh at the fact both QB mentioned have already proven to be a tier above Tua you need to go watch some football and learn the game.

Listen here, mister, this sort of objective, level-headed thinking doesnā€™t fly around here.

Spot on. Iā€™m encouraged both by Tua and what Miami is doing to set him up to succeed so far this offseason. But he needs to produce better than last year. He doesnā€™t have to vault into ā€œTop five QBā€ range, but he has to be top half of the pack, in my opinion. If he does that, I think Miami makes the playoffs.

If he doesnā€™t progress significantly by the end of the 2022 season, Miami has two first rounders to try again.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

I do believe he wants to be great, and that he is putting in the necessary work.

Unfortunately that doesn't gaurantee anything. The difference between success and disappointment for the season can litterally come down to a handful of situations.

I want overall consistently good play, comming out on the winning side of key situations.

In other words, I want to see the undefinable, intangible of the "it" factor.

I understand some may not even admit such a thing exists, but in my experience and observation, "winners" shine brightest under pressure.

Pressure can crush, or pressure can create diamonds.

Last edited:
Quoting myself because of the laughing emoji given at this post.

Please explain why Tua is on their level when he's yet to put up even a good statistical season and Mayfield went 28/6 TD to INT and Tannehill 33/7

Obviously I don't expect those numbers from Tua his rookie year, but my evaluation of him was low coming out. He's done nothing yet to put himself on the level of either.

Might he this year? Yes, I hope he does. But if you're going to laugh at the fact both QB mentioned have already proven to be a tier above Tua you need to go watch some football and learn the game.

Not to be a complete tool, but you very literally compared Tua's numbers as a rookie to Mayfield's in his third year and Tannehill in his ninth...and then said you don't expect those numbers from Tua.

So why did you compare them?

I think the thing is that Tua's projection as an NFL QB prospect pre-injury was higher than Mayfield's, and certainly higher than Tannehill's. You can argue all you want about your view on his skillset, and I'm not going to denigrate your opinion, but the majority of scouts, prognosticators, etc. saw it that way.

We have a pretty clear idea of what Tannehill brings to the table. We've gotten a pretty good idea bout Mayfield, too...they both went through growing pains, specifically Mayfield's in 2019. I don't think Tua is at their level yet, but I certainly think he has it in him to have a better sophomore campaign than either of them did. And if THAT happens, I think Miami makes the playoffs. (For what it's worth, I think all three of the teams mentioned make it.)

KC, BUF, TEN, CLE, BAL, MIA, IND

Not to be a complete tool, but you very literally compared Tua's numbers as a rookie to Mayfield's in his third year and Tannehill in his ninth...and then said you don't expect those numbers from Tua.

So why did you compare them?

I think the thing is that Tua's projection as an NFL QB prospect pre-injury was higher than Mayfield's, and certainly higher than Tannehill's. You can argue all you want about your view on his skillset, and I'm not going to denigrate your opinion, but the majority of scouts, prognosticators, etc. saw it that way.

We have a pretty clear idea of what Tannehill brings to the table. We've gotten a pretty good idea bout Mayfield, too...they both went through growing pains, specifically Mayfield's in 2019. I don't think Tua is at their level yet, but I certainly think he has it in him to have a better sophomore campaign than either of them did. And if THAT happens, I think Miami makes the playoffs. (For what it's worth, I think all three of the teams mentioned make it.)

KC, BUF, TEN, CLE, BAL, MIA, IND

Your first paragraph misses the point entirely.

The point is that both QB have PROVEN to be on a higher level whereas anyone putting Tua on that level is projecting based on nothing.

The statistics were provided to show they DONT compare at this point, not to make a comparison.

The point is that both QB have PROVEN to be on a higher level whereas anyone putting Tua on that level is projecting based on nothing.

The statistics were provided to show they DONT compare at this point, not to make a comparison.
His first paragraph may have missed the point, but your third paragraph is bizarre double talk.

You posted a comparison to point out there was no comparison, by making a comparison, that really wasnt a comparison????

What?????

I think I get what you are trying to say, but that series of incoherent words leaves a lot to be desired as a statement.

ā€œPlease explain why Tua is on their level when he's yet to put up even a good statistical season and Mayfield went 28/6 TD to INT and Tannehill 33/7.ā€

Friend, if thatā€™s not a comparisonā€¦.

Back
Top Bottom