How Fiedler makes the Offensive Line look better | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Fiedler makes the Offensive Line look better

Originally posted by RikWriter
The bottom line is this: Brian Griese is a better QB than Jay Fiedler. That's all I need to know, and Griese has proven it already.
Some of you act like Jay has never fumbled a ball when hit from the blindside. Well news for you, friends...he HAS. I was there.

Sure he did and he was tarred and feathered by you and your "buddies".

Say it wasn't so......

Griese better QB? maybe...maybe not...but you know what: I give a flying "doo-doo". I care about wins and not just 2 pretty passes between the 30 yard lines.

Where was your great QB in the first half? 5-13 for 80 yards...QBR 54....

Or in the second half of the SD game....same crap...QBR 56.

As you would have said....they gave the QB the chance to win the game...he failed. BUT he threw 2 pretty passes.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The Offensive Line has sucked all year long. However, because of the play of Jay Fiedler, many did not realize it. Instead of blaming the Offensive Line, everything was Jay's fault. Fiedler was under pressure on every play, but he is mobile and was able to avoid sacks. Now that we have Griese behind center, our lack of pass protection has been exploited because Griese has no ability to escape from the defensive linemen. Griese may not have thrown an interception, but he gets sacked way too much, and he fumbles it like crazy which is just as bad.

Griese was only good yesterday in the second half. He didn't complete a pass to a WR during the whole first half.

Everyone might be calling for Griese, but his lack of mobility will really hurt us since our line is garbage.

Dang the reaches keep coming.....

Your attempt to pin all the underachieving Fiedler has achieved with this team on an OL that no one knew was a problem is laughable. Everyone knew the OL was part of a dual headed problem with the offense that also included Jay Fiedler as as the other part of the problem... Many of us, myself included pointed out that the OL was in fact going to be a problem until Dixon came back during the PRESEASON! Dixon regaining health was obviously what the coaches were relying upon. Now, seeing that plan go up in smoke, we are in trouble in that spot with little chance for improvement unless Webb has gotten himself in some sort of football shape. As for the QB side I feel we found a good solution to that problem and if we can somehow fix the OL were in business.

Jay's mediocrity is a result of himself and not an OL that by the way was damn good last year and the year before that.

Re: Re: How Fiedler makes the Offensive Line look better

Originally posted by Trekbiz
Jay's mediocrity is a result of himself and not an OL that by the way was damn good last year and the year before that.

:nono:

They were not challenged last year. If you don't understand what's going on right now, let me break it down for you.

The other team is saying

"You can run if we allow it. We know you can't pass. So you will not run."

Re: Re: Re: How Fiedler makes the Offensive Line look better

Originally posted by ZOD

:nono:

They were not challenged last year. If you don't understand what's going on right now, let me break it down for you.

The other team is saying

"You can run if we allow it. We know you can't pass. So you will not run."

If you were to check posts by me back to last season you'll know that I understand that completely. This is no new strategy defenses are putting up against the Fins.
This has been happening since Jay Fiedler got here.
The difference last year was that the line was carrying their weight. They were handling the stacked fronts enough for Ricky to get some openings. It all started going downhill with the injury to Jamie Nails last year and not only hasn't the line recovered but it has gotten worse with the loss of Dixon.

My point was that Jay has never been respected by D-Coordinators and has never been able to carry a team himself. They have always dared us to pass since he's been here. Saying Jay's play was a result of this years OL is just plain wrong. He's played the same way ever since he's been here. Last year the Fins were able to overcome the QB position with a strong running game. This year there were 2 problems on offense.... QB and OL. No team can overcome 2 holes on one side of the ball.

Ricky Williams is looking like the new version of Dan Marino.
A man expected to carry a team with very little to support him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by FFiB

Sure he did and he was tarred and feathered by you and your "buddies".

Say it wasn't so......

It wasn't so. It's simply more hyperbole and defamation by those who insist that anyone who doesn't think Fiedler is talented enough to be our starter is a "Fiedler hater."

guys who call him "feebler" and "fee fee" are fiedler haters. the rest of you guys are just seeing things differently than some of us are.

those haters are just odd to me. it's like the bronco fans who are booing their third string QB. I look to see if a guy is going out there and laying it on the line. The lack of ability is nothing i ever boo at. i think a lot of other guys need to make themselves feel like big guys by booing an NFL player. While face to face, they'd probably smile and ask the guy for his autograph.

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma
guys who call him "feebler" and "fee fee" are fiedler haters. the rest of you guys are just seeing things differently than some of us are.

Well, wrt fumbles, I NEVER blame a QB for a fumble when he is hit from the blindside by a DE or LB (in other words, anyone significantly bigger than him). Almost any QB will fumble when they get hit like that...the wonder is when they DON'T fumble. Dan did it, Jay has done it and Griese did it.
The only time I blame a QB for a fumble is when he's handling the ball carelessly when he can SEE that a rusher is bearing down on him. Lucas had a nasty habit of doing that...

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma

those haters are just odd to me. it's like the bronco fans who are booing their third string QB. I look to see if a guy is going out there and laying it on the line. The lack of ability is nothing i ever boo at. i think a lot of other guys need to make themselves feel like big guys by booing an NFL player. While face to face, they'd probably smile and ask the guy for his autograph.

good post....quite accurate.:cool:

Originally posted by RikWriter

Well, wrt fumbles, I NEVER blame a QB for a fumble when he is hit from the blindside by a DE or LB (in other words, anyone significantly bigger than him). Almost any QB will fumble when they get hit like that...the wonder is when they DON'T fumble. Dan did it, Jay has done it and Griese did it.
The only time I blame a QB for a fumble is when he's handling the ball carelessly when he can SEE that a rusher is bearing down on him. Lucas had a nasty habit of doing that...

Finally someone that understands the fumble principle. They were doing a special on pass rushers on espn yesterday I believe. It showed at least 15 blind sided fumbles from the likes of Favre Montana Marino Moon and even the mobile guys like Elway and Young. If you cant see it you cant protect yourself from it. And if you make it a opoint to check your blind side your not scanning the field and looking for the best pass.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

Finally someone that understands the fumble principle. They were doing a special on pass rushers on espn yesterday I believe. It showed at least 15 blind sided fumbles from the likes of Favre Montana Marino Moon and even the mobile guys like Elway and Young. If you cant see it you cant protect yourself from it. And if you make it a opoint to check your blind side your not scanning the field and looking for the best pass.

Hence why the LT spot is sooo very important.
Too important to leave up to a rookie if you plan on making a super bowl run......

While many fans were pointing out what seemed obvious to us, Wanny hedged his bets on the Rookie. :huh:
I don't know why and none of us ever will know his thought process.

They did'nt have to get Gandy or another high priced FA, but to not sign back Spriggs just for insurance IMO was very stupid and it may actually screw up another season for the Fins. Hope not, but the options to fix the OL IMO went out the window with Dixon's inability to return.

lol nice twist, jay has fumbled i was there. Nice sidestep. Noone said he didnt, they said when jay was blindsided and fumbled, it was Jays fault, when the same exact thing happens to Griese it is the o-lines fault. Now address that and quit sidestepping the issue.

Where I differ is I think Griese should be the starter because of the line. Wow that sounds contradictory, but to me i think he is better suited. Because Jay gets pressure and can move but is inaccurate on deep balls and that is all that has been there to throw. Griese although doesnt handle someone in his face well, will make better throws. I disagree with teh statement of having a couple good throws or a win, i believe we need to have a couple good throws to have a chance to win. Jay just wasnt making enough of them.

One thing is for certian, to me, whomever is qb, we need a complete game, not just a half or we will be finished.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
lol nice twist, jay has fumbled i was there. Nice sidestep. Noone said he didnt, they said when jay was blindsided and fumbled, it was Jays fault, when the same exact thing happens to Griese it is the o-lines fault. Now address that and quit sidestepping the issue.

No, that would be a lie. If you'd bothered to read what I wrote, you would see that I SAID I didn't blame it on Jay when he fumbled after being blndsided. But why bother to try to be accurate when all you're interested in is flaming anyone who disagrees with you?

You said that after I posted that. I also never said you specifically said that. But if you try to deny that was not a prevalent theme when Jay started, you are wrong. The 2 biggest themes were the critical ints and teh fumbles. Well his fumbles were from being blindsided, yet many said it was Jays fault. Oh and what does I dont blame the qb unless i can see the defender bearing down on teh wb and then he fumbles? I saw freeney bearing down on Griese, do you now say it was Griese's fault?

Another thing is the "almost ints" by Jay, those were also recurring themes. Why dont you mention Brians 2 almost ints against the Colts?

Back
Top Bottom