How Fiedler makes the Offensive Line look better | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Fiedler makes the Offensive Line look better

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Sea their yuo goes agian.

Oh God, I can only PRAY you're trying to make a joke. But I fear you actually meant to spell it that way...

Wow are you gullible! Is your main focus here teaching proper english? Go ahead, I am not going to sit and type a proper essay for your approval. I could really care less if you are a obsessive nerd that looks to "grammar" rather than the content on a message board discussing football. I write reports daily for my job and can assure you they are grammatically correct. Here I am not going double check and reread my posts simply to appease you.

Yes I was joking, lightenup. I am not, nor was I, trying to pick a fight with you or anyone else. I am as frustrated as anyone. I am merely frustrated by what I perceive to be a double standard.

Wow are you gullible!

Why? Because I thought you might be as illiterate as you sounded before? Naw, I just judge people (or football teams) by their history.

Wow full of yourself? Why are you the expert now? Because you decided you were? Classic, someone proposes an issue, not in proper grammatical form, you focus on grammar and spelling, yet fail to address the point. This somehow makes you the correct one? Oh oookk! Go back to the "physics club" Brian Johnson, this is a football message board, not an academic club.

Now do you want to talk football or english? Or perhaps you have no answer for the hypocrisy that has been stated to exist?

Ok in an effort to clear the air. I respect your opinion on Jay, I understand you do not feel that he can lead us to the Super Bowl. I also am not defending the belief that he can. I am speaking of a perceived double standard, not angry about nor do I care. I merely pointed it out and this thread is the result. My intent was not "call out" anyone. The bigger point was to address the fact that there were and still are more problems with our offense other than the qb. The qb (Jay) was receiving a significant amount of the blame while the same things are happening with Brian without the blame focused on him as they were with Jay. My point is not to focus on the Jay issue, rather stating that not all of the problems were his fault and that they still exist and need to be addressed. If not, it does not matter who is qb, we will not reach the Super Bowl and maybe not the playoffs as well.

Ok in an effort to clear the air. I respect your opinion on Jay, I understand you do not feel that he can lead us to the Super Bowl. I also am not defending the belief that he can. I am speaking of a perceived double standard, not angry about nor do I care. I merely pointed it out and this thread is the result. My intent was not "call out" anyone. The bigger point was to address the fact that there were and still are more problems with our offense other than the qb. The qb (Jay) was receiving a significant amount of the blame while the same things are happening with Brian without the blame focused on him as they were with Jay. My point is not to focus on the Jay issue, rather stating that not all of the problems were his fault and that they still exist and need to be addressed. If not, it does not matter who is qb, we will not reach the Super Bowl and maybe not the playoffs as well.

I do not blame Jay for a single blindsided fumble. Nor do I blame Brian. I do blame QB's for bad throws INT's or running fumbles or fumbles the QB did see the defender in.

I dont disagree with that statement, to a point. QBs are responsible for bad throws or fumbles when they see the defender coming and plain dumb ints. Fumbles running yes but can see it to a degree if that is not the qbs style, but has the ability to do it if need be. I don't label Jay as a running qb, more he can run if the situation calls for it, but we will not live off of Jays legs, IMO. Ints are the qbs fault alot of the time, but not always and Jay has had his share of balls tipped in the air by the receiver. Missed receivers are the qbs fault when he has time to throw no doubt, but most qbs will have bad passes with someone in his face.

Now the only thing that Jay did that he was criticized for that Brian has not done is throw ints. Furthermore, the double standard exist outside the fumble issue, Jay was lambasted (sp?) for almost throwing 2 picks in teh Giant game, yet Griese almost threw 2 in the Colts game, where was that criticism? Missed open receivers? Brian missed a few against the Colts, yet noone complained. Brian held teh ball too long against the Colts as well. IMO when you have seen that your LT has had trouble blocking the DE, you have to shorten the clock in your head and throw it away or run if that clock runs out, he didn't.

Now am I saying that Griese should not be starting? No. I think he should, for the simple reason is he has shown to make more big plays and crucial throws. It has also been 2 games and he has not had as many reps as Jay, so there is some leeway needed and the potential for improvement; he deserves the chance. That is no guarentee he will though, he didnt in Denver, but hopefully will here.

My main point is that alot of things blamed on Jay were not his fault as evidenced by Brian having the same problems, The o-line caused some of the problems.

Back
Top Bottom