How Fiedler makes the Offensive Line look better | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Fiedler makes the Offensive Line look better

Originally posted by K-Rob
Actually, I stated the same thing last week on this board and I also was saying it at the bar that his lack of mobility will be his downfall becasue of the poor offensive line. And what happens?..........well you all know the answer to that. I am convinced, however, that Griese is a more gifted passer than Jay but having Jay's mobility helps us with the way things are going right now.
good God, i think i'll have this post framed, those are my words almost word for word.

how come you're not getting the same crap i got!(am getting)

Re: Re: How Fiedler makes the Offensive Line look better

Originally posted by ZOD

You're kidding right?
Good Question. :confused:

Originally posted by Sydor25
I don't remember anyone saying that we had a good o-line. Most of the excuses for Ricky all year have been the o-line. Griese just gives the Dolphins a better chance to win this year over Fiedler. Fiedler wasn't able to make plays (this year) when he had time, Griese can.

It's not like Fiedler hasn't hurt the Dolphins this year. I remember several missed receivers that were wide open. I also remember him throwing into double and triple teams. It's only been two games and I like what I see in Griese.

what a bunch of crap..all I heard is that we are only a QB away from the superbowl. Everything was in place. When some of us mentioned OL it was dismissed as "another excuse for jay".

And all I heard is that Ricky couldn't run because they stack 25 guys in the box because they do not respect Jay's passing. Guess what....Ricky still can't run.

And guess who is waiting in the wings...TN #90

Originally posted by Dolfan02

We'll keep drinking Brian Griese kool aid while you keep drinking Jay Fiedler Guinness brew with a shot of Goldschlager in it to kill the smart brain cells.

Oh my, you're so terribly clever.

Can anyone give me a single good reason not to add this jackhole to my ignore list?

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Oh my, you're so terribly clever.

Can anyone give me a single good reason not to add this jackhole to my ignore list?

Oh wow! I see you got hurt by a simple statement of humor that was reiterating your own humor. With 82 posts, you'll probably have all posters on your ignore list by the time you hit 500 posts.

The man so gullible they should name him triple.

^Its a joke... ha ha. :rolleyes:

this is moot since Jay will not be 100% for possibly the rest of the season and thus may not be any better than Griese at avoiding the rush.

Originally posted by FFiB

what a bunch of crap..all I heard is that we are only a QB away from the superbowl. Everything was in place. When some of us mentioned OL it was dismissed as "another excuse for jay".

And all I heard is that Ricky couldn't run because they stack 25 guys in the box because they do not respect Jay's passing. Guess what....Ricky still can't run.

And guess who is waiting in the wings...TN #90

Very true.

That is why I have been ambivalent about the Fiedler/ Griese debate. The true weakness of the team this year has been the offensive line.

The second biggest problem has been the 2nd WR position - where production has been absent no matter who is throwing the ball.

More important is that the chances of keeping a QB healthy behind this line are slim and none. And slim just got injured

Originally posted by Disgustipate
It's sad that we have to consider benching the better player just because our Offensive line is so terrible.

:help:

I remember a few weeks ago that people were posting how our offensive line was top 10 in least sacks allowed. However, the posters of this were Fiedler haters who did not want to admit that Fiedler's problems were that he did not have any time to throw the ball and that he was always under pressure.

Now that Griese is playing, the lack of offensive line has been exposed even more. This will not be the only game where Griese gets sacked 5 times in a game. If Griese starts, I see him getting sacked 5 times again next week.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I remember a few weeks ago that people were posting how our offensive line was top 10 in least sacks allowed. However, the posters of this were Fiedler haters who did not want to admit that Fiedler's problems were that he did not have any time to throw the ball and that he was always under pressure.

No not quite.

Ice,

There were more people here defending Jay because of the poor play of the line than there were partaking in that scenario.

I was actually faulting receivers and in one case the playcalling more than Fiedler or the line.

I defended the Play of Jay Fiedler in the offseason placing fault on the line and I was blasted by most.

Sure there are some "haters" who are "cloud 9" right now.

But there are numerous people (like me) who are just tired of the debate, the play, and the final results of our former field general.

I may be wrong here but my perception is that the people who have acquiesced (sp) far outnumber the people who came into this season with a predetermined opinion of the player.

Originally posted by ZOD

No not quite.

Ice,

There were more people here defending Jay because of the poor play of the line than there were partaking in that scenario.

I was actually faulting receivers and in one case the playcalling more than Fiedler or the line.

I defended the Play of Jay Fiedler in the offseason placing fault on the line and I was blasted by most.

Sure there are some "haters" who are "cloud 9" right now.

But there are numerous people (like me) who are just tired of the debate, the play, and the final results of our former field general.

I may be wrong here but my perception is that the people who have acquiesced (sp) far outnumber the people who came into this season with a predetermined opinion of the player.

Jay's shortcomings were listed as the following:

a) inconsitent
b) can't come back
c) makes poor decisions
d) has no arm

Let's see Brian..

a) he is inconsitent. Look at the tale of two halves. In the second have of the SD game his rating was 54 and in the first half against Indy it was 56. Both halves he was below a 50% completion rate.

b) can't come back...best example against Indy. Getting the ball at the 15 yard line and not producing points

c) let's recall the intentional grounding, the almost safety and the extremly important fumble at the end of the game. A QB has to know in certain situation if he should tuck the ball, take the sack or throw it away.

d) Brian's arm is not THAT much better than Jay's. I have yet to see the "long bomb". Not the 20 yard pass which was carried by the receiver for another 20 or 30. Jay has done that as well.

I did defend Jay over the years simply because I knew the shortcomings of our team. OL was an issue last year and it was this year. Brian may excell in an offense who can give him the protection. He is what he is ...a pocket passer. I also defended Jay because there was no upgrade available which you could consider value at a reasonable price. Sure we could have hit it big in FA bu we most likely would have to give up JT or Zach or other on D and I doubt we would have had Ricky then.

Jay is not a HOFer and he frustrates you as hell sometimes but there is that thing about him where you say "Man, this guy is gutty". he can go on a hot streak like the beginning of last year where you say...that dude is probowl caliber and then he goes back into mediocricy. A lot I blamed on the OL and WRs on...and I still do.

I just find it awkward that 2 weeks ago it was all about the QB and suddenly it becomes all about OL and play calling and WRs (with a few posters excempt of course). The fumble is conviniently swiped under the table of course...after all it was not an INT. I remember how Jay was literally burned at stake for fumbling the ball near midfield while we were leading 21-3 (in the Meadow lands). I still can hear the screams "He almost cost us a game", "He can't hold on to the ball".

Times surely have changed.....
One thing I have seen and which really bothers me a lot is that some fans now have traded wins for a couple of good passes. Wins are the most important thing for me. I could care less about pretty passes between the redzones. Give me ugly passes and continue to score........any day.

Nobody is talking about the fumble at the end of the game (Hey Brian, tuck the ball); nobody is talking about the intentional grounding (that would be a good time to swallow a sack); nobody is talking about the almost safety (which with a different ref crew could have been a safety); nobody is talking about the two almost INTs (which were a big thing when Jay played); nobody is talking about our inept offense in the first half (80 yards passing of which 40 came on one play...going 5-13...QBR56, 26 yards running)...nobody is talking about those things. Let's talk about Brian's 2 pretty passes,,,,,,wins have become secondary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is proof that I need mental help....

Did you ever play that game where you exchange a "charley horse?"

You know...The game where you punch the guy in the arm and he gives the next. The first one to quit is "the puss" or whatever.

Did you ever run into that little guy who packed a punch with his knuckle that could bring a tear to your eye. That little guy.

In an actual fight you could "maul" this "little twirp" but damnit he throws a good "charley horse".

So you give and you take. You give and you take....You give and you take.......You give and you take until......

You find a reason other than "giving up" to get out of this game...

If you understand you probably need mental help too.

The bottom line is this: Brian Griese is a better QB than Jay Fiedler. That's all I need to know, and Griese has proven it already.
Some of you act like Jay has never fumbled a ball when hit from the blindside. Well news for you, friends...he HAS. I was there.

Originally posted by ZOD
Here is proof that I need mental help....

Did you ever play that game where you exchange a "charley horse?"

You know...The game where you punch the guy in the arm and he gives the next. The first one to quit is "the puss" or whatever.

Did you ever run into that little guy who packed a punch with his knuckle that could bring a tear to your eye. That little guy.

In an actual fight you could "maul" this "little twirp" but damnit he throws a good "charley horse".

So you give and you take. You give and you take....You give and you take.......You give and you take until......

You find a reason other than "giving up" to get out of this game...

If you understand you probably need mental help too.

You didn't get it Rik? Ah....You must be sane....:jumper:

Back
Top Bottom