How good is Waddle? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Waddle?

I hope that we see a lot of Waddle this year. And by a lot I mean 80+ targets for the year.

Waddle wasn't a volume receiver at Alabama, possibly due to the amount of talent on the Alabama team (plus their offense was pretty well pass/run balanced). But on this team, I'd like to see Waddle used more.

If you're not getting him a higher volume, then I don't know why you've drafted him.

Waddle is special and makes our team so much better. He is the perfect complement to our receivers. You have Fuller as a threat to blow the top off a defense. We have Geiski, Parker and Williams as good route runners and jump ball targets. Waddle becomes the x-factor . He is great at yac , running the ball, special teams if need be, Plus our qb is comfortable with him. Tua might think he is back at Alabama and needs to give all of these studs a little action. Would love to see Grant and Waddle back for punt or ko returns together. The only reason Grant makes the team

The bottom line is if we win 12 games or more this yr and become an elite team it does not matter how each draft pick is judged against others. The Final results are all that matters. I believe we got 5 guys that are going to play a very important role as starters in our draft. Was a little disappointed by our UDFA draft. It seems FLO and company felt the talent was done by rd 4

I hope that we see a lot of Waddle this year. And by a lot I mean 80+ targets for the year.

Waddle wasn't a volume receiver at Alabama, possibly due to the amount of talent on the Alabama team (plus their offense was pretty well pass/run balanced). But on this team, I'd like to see Waddle used more.

If you're not getting him a higher volume, then I don't know why you've drafted him.
I suspect that we'll use Waddle in much the same way that Cleveland uses Jarvis Landry (though yes, Waddle is a much better deep threat).

It won't surprise me if he leads the team in targets

I suspect that we'll use Waddle in much the same way that Cleveland uses Jarvis Landry (though yes, Waddle is a much better deep threat).

It won't surprise me if he leads the team in targets
What is great is if Parker, Williams and Fuller are healthy along with our depth in covid opt-outs at wr. Waddle is a luxury

What is great is if Parker, Williams and Fuller are healthy along with our depth in covid opt-outs at wr. Waddle is a luxury
If Waddle gets those 140 targets that Landry always gets, our three flankers will be able to remain more healthy this year... and rotating the three of them should keep them very fresh.

I have a question. What is the difference between Ruggs and waddle? They were both fast. Waddle was more highly regarded in draft. I think raiders reached for ruggs. Ruggs didn’t do much his first year. I know he was hurt.

why is waddle better? I didn’t watch either one in college enough to know. If anyone can explain the difference between them.

This may surprise some people, but he's the exact same speed as Ruggs. They did a 40yd drag race at Bama, and were neck and neck. If anything Waddle finished by a head.

As you say, Ruggs was 4.27, so I see no reason for Waddle not to be known as a 4.2 guy!

He's the video:

Kept up with Ruggs and Waddle was running backwards! LOL!

I have a question. What is the difference between Ruggs and waddle? They were both fast. Waddle was more highly regarded in draft. I think raiders reached for ruggs. Ruggs didn’t do much his first year. I know he was hurt.

why is waddle better? I didn’t watch either one in college enough to know. If anyone can explain the difference between them.
Not every fast player is the same. Sure, both have elite straight line speed.

But Waddle can use his speed more effectively IMO because he can change direction at an elite level and is much more elusive with the ball. Guys like Ruggs, Ginn, and Ross are fast, but Waddle is what many would call a human joystick out there.

He's also a better route runner (w a more diverse route tree), which is a big part of what held Ruggs back this past season.

Waddle was averaging 139 ypg before he got injured last year. He was already 189 yards away from Rugg's best season after 4 games.

I never believed Ruggs was that great and honestly laughed at the Raiders for taking him before Lamb and Jeudy.

Even though injury limited him to 4 games, Waddle actually proved he could consistently put up elite production as an alpha receiver at the college level last season (something Ruggs never did). His lowest yardage total in those 4 games was 120.

The two are only compared together so much bc they're both fast and played on the same team.

Last edited:
I'm curious anyone know what his legit 40 time is? This is more out of curiousity.
I hear he ran a 4.37 out of HS going to Alabama? Is that correct?

I also hear he's a little slower than Ruggs III who ran a 4.27 at the combine.
So is a 4.33-4.37 about what he is?
Where do you think he is speed wise comapare to J.Grant?
IMO, if he's faster than Grant i don't think it's going to be by much.

BTW and not saying he isn't. But when you watch him run he doesn't seem like he's moving that fast. But yet, no one can catch him.
Id imagine Waddle runs a faster 40. Ruggs has a faster top speed but Waddle has a faster acceleration. 40 yard dash is more about acceleration.

What im more or less suggesting is we struggle with athletic QBs. Did Miami improve in that way

I mean we traded for Benardrick McKinney and drafted a DE that runs a 4.5 forty so I’d imagine in theory we did assuming we gameplan correctly we have the players to do so

Ruggs was almost exclusively a deep threat at Bama. I actually liked Ruggs a lot if he were to go to a team that would allow him to do that as a 2nd or 3rd option rather than a team like Vegas who needed a number 1 guy.

I have one question for you. How the heck do we stop buffalo. Josh Allen owns us
You pressure him with pass rush, you confuse him with multiple/disguised fronts, you minimize his first option. When he runs, make it a bad choice.

Hes a great QB and great QBs ar rarely "stopped". But they can be beaten.

I'm the opposite. The NFL is the No Fun League. I like when a guy gets hyped up from scoring. Never seen a guy do a TD dance who didn't have passion for the game and his team.

The crazy pre scripted stuff...okay, I can see banning that but when a guy or team is just pumped I hate those dumb penalties.
What I hope to see is him just hand the ball to the ref and job back to the bench. The only dancing I want to see is to avoid Wilkins.

Back
Top Bottom