How high is Tannehill's ceiling? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How high is Tannehill's ceiling?

I still believe that he has the highest upside of the QBs is his draft class. He wasn't quite as much of a boom or bust prospect as RG3, but he was in that category.

Another "Rorschach" thread. "Please, give me your opinion on something with a great deal of ambiguity, that no one can possibly know with great certainty."

Unsurprisingly, the strongest predictor of the nature of the response is the depth of one's emotional investment in the Miami Dolphins, which of course there is no shortage of on this site.

Consequently, it becomes a "tell me what I'd like to hear" thread, in which people get some sort of "confirmation" of what they'd like to believe from other like-minded individuals, all the while ignoring the objective evidence available.

I believe you'll find this same thing going on in just about any church this Sunday. It's called "religion." :)

The Creation of a Quarterback: Sistine Edition!

View attachment 11938
LDaniel7 - The sistine edition is perhaps one of your finest graphic artworks.. Does this make you the Michelangelo of finheaven?
That is a rhetorical question. Let us hope that 2013 commences the start of the next Dolphins renaissance.

Last edited by a moderator:
LDaniel7 - The sistine edition is perhaps one of your finest graphic artworks.. Does this make you the Michelangelo of finheaven?
That is a rhetorical question. Let us hope that 2013 commences the start of the next Dolphins renaissance.

Thanks a bunch, Spiketex! Much appreciated. Actually I was surprised at how it came together, and the evocative imagery. Pretty neat.

And just enough to drive Shouright crazy, lol -- an added bonus! (hahaha -- forgive me Shou, couldn't resist).

LD
and p.s. I think Vaark is the resident Michaelangelo, lol. I'm just a gradeschool kid playing w. fingerpaint. :hi5:

And p.s. 2. The Mods ought to create a "Finheaven Pic of the Month" thread/award. If so, I'm submitting "The Creation of a Quarterback: Sistine Edition" to the contest! :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a bunch, Spiketex! Much appreciated. Actually I was surprised at how it came together, and the evocative imagery. Pretty neat.

And just enough to drive Shouright crazy, lol -- an added bonus! (hahaha -- forgive me Shou, couldn't resist).

LD
and p.s. I think Vaark is the resident Michaelangelo, lol. I'm just a gradeschool kid playing w. fingerpaint. :hi5:

And p.s. 2. The Mods ought to create a "Finheaven Pic of the Month" thread/award. If so, I'm submitting "The Creation of a Quarterback: Sistine Edition" to the contest! :up:
LD, your modesty is only matched by your good looks. Michelangelo spent over 4 years on his back (1508 -1512) painting the Sistine Chapel ceiling (the Cardinals need something to inspire them when they look to the heavens when electing each new pontiff). BTW Vaark is our Raphael.

Another "Rorschach" thread. "Please, give me your opinion on something with a great deal of ambiguity, that no one can possibly know with great certainty."

Unsurprisingly, the strongest predictor of the nature of the response is the depth of one's emotional investment in the Miami Dolphins, which of course there is no shortage of on this site.

Consequently, it becomes a "tell me what I'd like to hear" thread, in which people get some sort of "confirmation" of what they'd like to believe from other like-minded individuals, all the while ignoring the objective evidence available.

I believe you'll find this same thing going on in just about any church this Sunday. It's called "religion." :)

i wouldn't know why you could open your mouth on this, you are already busted and declared him a bust

anyways the coaching staff deserves some credit on this one, we know ryan can run, but it looks like the emphasis from our coaching staff was to develop ryan in the pocket from day 1, look at all those other QB's that got drafted last year, besides russell wilson....who is still performing at a high level, although i would like to see him how he does if he gets behind and has to win a game for his team, but anyways RGIII read option....Kaepernick....read option......

It looks like that read option has been figured out and these 2 guys struggle because of that, because they have not been developed to stay inside the pocket and create through the air, andrew luck the new great savior is crashing back to earth because he also gets to know how it feels if there is no talent around to throw to, like ryan had to deal with last year....all in all there isn't one QB i rather have from last years class than tannehill, he is our guy and the rest of the league will have to deal with it for the next 10+ years

Copy and paste. :)

Oh, and provide the link, too, if you would.

well obviously the word "bust" was to strong you never said that or i didn't catch it, but you also never really chose a side, drafting weeden was your thing, always trying to save face by saying tannehill could be the guy....BUT......as always there is a BUT with you.....:)

well obviously the word "bust" was to strong you never said that or i didn't catch it, but you also never really chose a side, drafting weeden was your thing, always trying to save face by saying tannehill could be the guy....BUT......as always there is a BUT with you.....:)
I tend not to choose a side when the matter revolves around predicting the future, since I'm acutely aware of my limitations in that regard.

However, I was kind enough to put together the following analyses, both of which favor Tannehill in terms of prediction:

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...ill-Going-to-Become-a-Franchise-QB&highlight=

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...g-to-Become-a-Franchise-QB-Part-II&highlight=

LD, your modesty is only matched by your good looks. Michelangelo spent over 4 years on his back (1508 -1512) painting the Sistine Chapel ceiling (the Cardinals need something to inspire them when they look to the heavens when electing each new pontiff). BTW Vaark is our Raphael.

lol, nice! :brewskis:

LD

I think you can see his potential, during AFC playbook last night they said Tannehill looked more like Brady then Brady did in our game last week. he's different from Brady in one regard, Brady shys away from contact, if hes about to get hit he throws an inaccurate pass to avoid the hit. Tannehill stands tall and delivers a strike. the book has always been if you get to Brady you can rattle him

Back
Top Bottom